Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 5/27/2002 12:50:36 AM EDT
I wanted to get some parts from DPMS last week when I had a day off, but when I got into the building their is a message posted to the effect of "don't think of ringing buzzer without an appointment. so I take time to call the number off their literature from their office. appointments are only on thursday and friday. I would not encourage anyone to by DPMS products, until you can walk in and get what you want and need.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 1:06:24 AM EDT
That does seem to suck, they are listed in the industry forums, have you asked why there?
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:34:36 AM EDT
I have dealt with DPMS by phone and can say that I have never had a problem at all with them being rude or inconsiderate. I would try BKinzey's idea and ask them in the industry forum.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:46:32 AM EDT
They are a manufacturer, and therefore can't consume all of their time w/ walkin customers that may or may not purchase something.

Notifications such as that are very common in the manufacturing industry, and I can tell you at out factory, that walkin salesmen are treated w/ little regard, and rarely if ever are given an opportunity to return for a demonstration of a product.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 6:56:48 AM EDT
I have always gotten good service over the phone from DPMS.

There was a newspaper article a few months back, right after they won a large LE contract. The article said its basically a garage business with less than 15 employees. So it is no surprise they cant take the time to staff a proshop at the "factory".
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:04:33 AM EDT
This is the "price" of low prices.
As with any business, you pays yo money, and takes yo choice!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:18:02 AM EDT
A little like Costco.. Less service, better prices, lower overhead..
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 7:19:09 AM EDT

Originally Posted By antiUSSA:
They are a manufacturer, and therefore can't consume all of their time w/ walkin customers that may or may not purchase something.

ditto to Anti's comments.

I have dealt with DPMS on several occasions via their appointment requirement for order pick-up. I emphasize "order pick-up", as they are not a retail showroom. The appointment only policy is clearly stated in website and catalog ordering info.

I considerate the fact that they allow walk-in business at all a credit to DPMS, as most manufacturers require all purchases to go through distribution channels.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 3:50:09 PM EDT
I kinda agree with Bravo and anti on this one.

If I was a manufacturer, I wouldn't want the general public just walking in, either. I might set up a small store-front, at best. I certainly wouldn't be taking people on tours of the office or especially tours of the manufacturing facility (too much liability)

Link Posted: 5/27/2002 5:48:52 PM EDT
I have dealt with DPMS many times and have never been unhappy with their customer service or products. Call them if you think you have a problem and I'm sure they will accomodate you.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:29:28 PM EDT
I went their to buy stuff. They are located in the middle of no where. I don't think many poeple drive to the middle of nowhere to waste time.
Link Posted: 5/31/2002 2:51:12 PM EDT
I ordered a few small things from them awhile back, and one of the parts was a wrong-part-shipped. I called them up, and they sent out the new part no questions after verifying what I was looking for.
Top Top