Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2002 4:12:49 PM EDT

Hey all
  Ok here I am. I am an avid pistol shooter and a picky for accruacy rifle shooter. I currently have no or shot a black rifle as of yet. I need someone to tell me a gotta have one and why lol.  I do all my own reloading in rifle and pistol with a 550 Dillon so ammo shouldnt be a concern.   I tinker into a little of my own smithing also. I am currently looking at an Armilte bull barrel with a break for 675.00 is that a good deal or should I consider putting one together my self. I have visited this site (lurked) and seem to have an opinion that a majority of you fellas have what it takes to steer me in the right path. I am sure I will learn more than I can handle lol. Looking forward to your replies. Thank you. Boon
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome, that is a pretty good price.  Is it new?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the board! That sounds like a good price on the Armalite go for it!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome.
Check out the handgun page.
There is a reloading forum that could use some input. I love my Dillon 550, but hate the new powder measures.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I am currently looking at an Armilte bull barrel with a break for 675.00...

Beware the "break" and "clip" Nazis...lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Thanks
  Ok its a new one at the local shop and it is not the flatop comes with 5 rd mag. I am new to these rifles and would it be a good starter. What is with the breaks anyhow.  Thanks Boon
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks
  Ok its a new one at the local shop and it is not the flatop comes with 5 rd mag. I am new to these rifles and would it be a good starter. What is with the breaks anyhow.  Thanks Boon

IMO a muzzle brake on a .223 is basically a joke. Recoil is so minimal on a AR that the normal person should have no problem with follow-up shots, provided they use a sling hold.

IMO I would go first with a Colt because of the value. Secondly I would do Bushmaster and/or Armalite. Colt will always be worth more simply because it says Colt. That's not because I say so but it's a market fact.

My AR-15 is a Colt & my AR-10 is an Armalite. Other than perhaps Bushmaster, I wouldn't own any other brands. Just personal preference.

You may want to read the Bushmaster bolt carrier breaking thread.

Flame suit on.  >gg<
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#8]
No break is a pretty good discription of what happens to the ears of every body next to you when you fire one of these braked rifles!

I don't know if colt makes a heavy bull barrel,BPMS makes one but I think you cant go wrong with an armalite heavy bull barrel.

I'm sure if you were driving an escalade,some body would pull along side of you in a navigator and tell you what a piece of shit your caddy was.   So take that as a grain of salt regarding colt or any other AR/15's.

Welcome aboard sounds like you have your head screwed on right from the start.   But I wouldn't think you would have a brake on a bull barrel purhaps you meant heavy High-bar barrel.

Bob      
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:19:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

IMO I would go first with a Colt because of the value. Secondly I would do Bushmaster and/or Armalite. Colt will always be worth more simply because it says Colt. That's not because I say so but it's a market fact.

My AR-15 is a Colt & my AR-10 is an Armalite. Other than perhaps Bushmaster, I wouldn't own any other brands. Just personal preference.

You may want to read the Bushmaster bolt carrier breaking thread.

Flame suit on.  >gg<

DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
CHECK THE HANDGUNS FORUM
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#11]

Ok What is the advantages or disadvantages between flattops or the carrying handle models. Is it possible to buy rifles without a brake as I see light caliber rifles brakes are a waste of time and noisy to boot. Like some of the comp barrels on my hand guns. Does the brake have anything to do with batf regs. All I want is a good all around plinker. Will not be used for hunting as I got a ton of rifles for my hunting needs.  Thanks in advance.  Boon

( I cant seem to find the handgun forum lol.)  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top