Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 5/22/2002 4:12:49 PM EDT

Hey all
Ok here I am. I am an avid pistol shooter and a picky for accruacy rifle shooter. I currently have no or shot a black rifle as of yet. I need someone to tell me a gotta have one and why lol. I do all my own reloading in rifle and pistol with a 550 Dillon so ammo shouldnt be a concern. I tinker into a little of my own smithing also. I am currently looking at an Armilte bull barrel with a break for 675.00 is that a good deal or should I consider putting one together my self. I have visited this site (lurked) and seem to have an opinion that a majority of you fellas have what it takes to steer me in the right path. I am sure I will learn more than I can handle lol. Looking forward to your replies. Thank you. Boon
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:16:16 PM EDT
Welcome, that is a pretty good price. Is it new?
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:18:47 PM EDT
Welcome to the board! That sounds like a good price on the Armalite go for it!
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:21:46 PM EDT
Welcome.
Check out the handgun page.
There is a reloading forum that could use some input. I love my Dillon 550, but hate the new powder measures.

ARH
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 4:48:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By boondocker:

I am currently looking at an Armilte bull barrel with a break for 675.00...

Beware the "break" and "clip" Nazis...lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:01:44 PM EDT

Thanks
Ok its a new one at the local shop and it is not the flatop comes with 5 rd mag. I am new to these rifles and would it be a good starter. What is with the breaks anyhow. Thanks Boon
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 5:06:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 10:25:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By boondocker:

Thanks
Ok its a new one at the local shop and it is not the flatop comes with 5 rd mag. I am new to these rifles and would it be a good starter. What is with the breaks anyhow. Thanks Boon

IMO a muzzle brake on a .223 is basically a joke. Recoil is so minimal on a AR that the normal person should have no problem with follow-up shots, provided they use a sling hold.

IMO I would go first with a Colt because of the value. Secondly I would do Bushmaster and/or Armalite. Colt will always be worth more simply because it says Colt. That's not because I say so but it's a market fact.

My AR-15 is a Colt & my AR-10 is an Armalite. Other than perhaps Bushmaster, I wouldn't own any other brands. Just personal preference.

You may want to read the Bushmaster bolt carrier breaking thread.

Flame suit on. >gg<
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:11:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/23/2002 12:19:04 AM EDT by bobbyjack]
No break is a pretty good discription of what happens to the ears of every body next to you when you fire one of these braked rifles!

I don't know if colt makes a heavy bull barrel,BPMS makes one but I think you cant go wrong with an armalite heavy bull barrel.

I'm sure if you were driving an escalade,some body would pull along side of you in a navigator and tell you what a piece of shit your caddy was. So take that as a grain of salt regarding colt or any other AR/15's.

Welcome aboard sounds like you have your head screwed on right from the start. But I wouldn't think you would have a brake on a bull barrel purhaps you meant heavy High-bar barrel.

Bob
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 12:19:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

IMO I would go first with a Colt because of the value. Secondly I would do Bushmaster and/or Armalite. Colt will always be worth more simply because it says Colt. That's not because I say so but it's a market fact.

My AR-15 is a Colt & my AR-10 is an Armalite. Other than perhaps Bushmaster, I wouldn't own any other brands. Just personal preference.

You may want to read the Bushmaster bolt carrier breaking thread.

Flame suit on. >gg<

DAMN RIGHT!!!!!!!
HUNTER FROM ARGENTINA
OUT.
CHECK THE HANDGUNS FORUM
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 2:45:30 PM EDT
Welcome!
Link Posted: 5/23/2002 5:22:26 PM EDT

Ok What is the advantages or disadvantages between flattops or the carrying handle models. Is it possible to buy rifles without a brake as I see light caliber rifles brakes are a waste of time and noisy to boot. Like some of the comp barrels on my hand guns. Does the brake have anything to do with batf regs. All I want is a good all around plinker. Will not be used for hunting as I got a ton of rifles for my hunting needs. Thanks in advance. Boon

( I cant seem to find the handgun forum lol.)
Top Top