Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2002 10:14:33 PM EDT
Hey guys, I was at Sportsmans Warehouse today and say they had a Bushmaster Varminter.  It looked and felt great.  Priced at $989.  Does anyone have any input on these?  How does the V-match compare to the varminter? I noticed the V-match was about $100 less.  I do prefere the fluted barrel and vented heat shield of the Varminter.  Anyway, just looking for some input.  I have so many guns that I want right now its not even funny.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#1]
That seems like a great price, I paid $1029 for mine.  Due to work and bad weather I have not had a chance to really test mine yet but so far with a cheap Tasco scope and FMJ ammo, I am getting @ .700" at 100 yards.

I am sure that when I get the time to reload some seriously accurate ammo the groups will get smaller.  So far no malfunctions at all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The Varminter has the same barrel as the DCM rifle, i.e. match grade and not chrome lined, just longer.  I suspect it has their 2 stage trigger as well. The barrel and tirgger should make it noticable more accurate than the V-Match which has a longer version of the standard chrome lined military heavy barrel and the basic trigger.

Bill
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys.  Does anyone else have one that could make comments.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top