Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 5/20/2002 10:14:33 PM EDT
Hey guys, I was at Sportsmans Warehouse today and say they had a Bushmaster Varminter. It looked and felt great. Priced at $989. Does anyone have any input on these? How does the V-match compare to the varminter? I noticed the V-match was about $100 less. I do prefere the fluted barrel and vented heat shield of the Varminter. Anyway, just looking for some input. I have so many guns that I want right now its not even funny.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:06:08 AM EDT
That seems like a great price, I paid $1029 for mine. Due to work and bad weather I have not had a chance to really test mine yet but so far with a cheap Tasco scope and FMJ ammo, I am getting @ .700" at 100 yards.

I am sure that when I get the time to reload some seriously accurate ammo the groups will get smaller. So far no malfunctions at all.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:58:12 AM EDT
The Varminter has the same barrel as the DCM rifle, i.e. match grade and not chrome lined, just longer. I suspect it has their 2 stage trigger as well. The barrel and tirgger should make it noticable more accurate than the V-Match which has a longer version of the standard chrome lined military heavy barrel and the basic trigger.

Bill
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:51:53 PM EDT
Thanks for the info guys. Does anyone else have one that could make comments.
Top Top