Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2002 3:38:14 AM EDT
After a long chat with my longtime bud since highschool and fellow gun nerd the Attorney.  He did research in Westlaw and found no instance of anything that made it into U.S. code going away!!!...ever!!! I don't know what you guys are counting on but he says once its in the code its there permenantly.  I would sure like to see it go away too but I fear it ain't.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:42:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh God, here we go again......

Tell your "lawyer friend" to look up the AW ban, it sunsets in a couple of years. THIS IS A FACT. Its not a US code.

I'm not even going to waste my time trying to explain it....do a search under AW sunset
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 4:56:40 AM EDT
[#2]
ConfederateTexan =

Where do these people come from?

Assaultweb?

Av.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#3]
CT,

i belive the AW ban will NOT sunset, but will be replaced wyth somthyng that will make the prices of prebans soar !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:09:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
CT,

i belive the AW ban will NOT sunset, but will be replaced wyth somthyng that will make the prices of prebans soar !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even being an owner of 4 pre-ban Colts, I hope you are dead wrong.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:10:45 AM EDT
[#5]
ConfederateTexan,
You Sir have certainly made the baby jesus cry!  
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Boomer,
i too hope i am wrong, but my many years experience wyth our gvmnt. & dirtbag politicians, tells me it only gets worse from here........

the only law that i ever saw repealed or sunset was that utterly stupid 55MPH BS we had for several years, very few people observed that stupid law & i belive many are ignoring the current "evil rifle" law, in fact i was told by a good scource, that in Commiefornia there are many law breakers & one in particular has several M-16s & full auto AKs & not one of them are registered nor tax stamped.........
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#7]
103rd Congree H.R.3355 ENR

Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994

Under Subtitle A--Assault Weapons

"SEC. 110105. EFFECTIVE DATE.

This subtitle and the amendments made by this subtitle--

(1) shall take effect on the date of the enactment of this Act; and

(2) are repealed effective as of the date that is 10 years after that date."

9/13/1994:
Became Public Law No: 103-322.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:25:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#9]
EVER HEAR OF THE 55 MPH (NATIONAL) SPEED LIMIT?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top