Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 3:09:53 PM EDT
does the nova pump unlock the slide when you fire the weapon like a Winchester 1300 and a rem 870 or does it stay locked like the mossberg?  I noticed in the gun shop that when you drop the hammer you have to relax your off hand and then work the pump.  it is billed as the fastest pump shotgun and Tom Knapp broke 8 hand thrown clays with it.  so their must be some sort of "recoil unlocking" mechanism for the slide?

thanks,  
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:12:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It will not lock if a round is fired.
If your dry firing, it will lock.

Are you saying the Nova is the fastest pump to work?

I would think the length of the throw would be the biggest factor in this. The nova's action is made for 3 1/2 shells, which means the throw is longer, then most.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:16:12 PM EDT
[#2]
that makes me feel better.
it's a nice little tactical gun.
i think for 300.00 i can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude get one!
Get Ghost rings sights though.
Make sure U put on the Mag Ext.
Buy a good sling. (has mounts)
Shoots 3 1/2 shells as well!!
Buy recoil stick if you want to shoot 3 1/2's.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:26:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a nova pump and i've shot 5 hand thrown clays with 5 shells  and that was 9 clays he shot.. he's done 13 but with a auto-shotty I love my nova.. but I'm thinking of trading it in and osme extra cash for a M3S90 auto/pump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top