Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/7/2002 6:14:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2002 6:40:35 AM EDT by The_Bricklayer]
Does anyone here have this set of sights on their 10/22?

If so are they any good? do you like them? are they comparable with the iron sights of my AR?

what other options for peep sights are there for the 10/22?

-Brick
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:17:48 AM EDT
Tried 'em, didn't like them as much as expected. They're OK. I went back to the factory sights and finally ended up with a scope.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:43:06 AM EDT
I think those are the same I have- made by Eagle, and called the Zephyr. They obviously helped my accuracy with the rifle, but they are a little cheap. The rear peep extends above the protective ears and is pretty vulnerable to catching on things and getting banged up. The windage adjustment is a horzontal screw with a piece of spring steel rubbing up against it to keep it from turning. They increase the sight radius, but at the expense of sticking up above the barrel/receiver quite a bit, and there is a lot of plasic involved. I heard after buying them that you can modify the sight from an M1 carbine to fit. I'm sure this would be a superior sight, but I don't know how much work this would be. Overall, probably worth the $30 I paid, but I'm waiting for them to catch on something and break, at which point I'll look for something more durable.
Top Top