Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2002 6:14:34 AM EDT
Does anyone here have this set of sights on their 10/22?

If so are they any good? do you like them? are they comparable with the iron sights of my AR?

what other options for peep sights are there for the 10/22?

-Brick
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 6:17:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Tried 'em, didn't like them as much as expected. They're OK. I went back to the factory sights and finally ended up with a scope.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I think those are the same I have- made by Eagle, and called the Zephyr.  They obviously helped my accuracy with the rifle, but they are a little cheap.  The rear peep extends above the protective ears and is pretty vulnerable to catching on things and getting banged up.  The windage adjustment is a horzontal screw with a piece of spring steel rubbing up against it to keep it from turning.  They increase the sight radius, but at the expense of sticking up above the barrel/receiver quite a bit, and there is a lot of plasic involved.  I heard after buying them that you can modify the sight from an M1 carbine to fit.  I'm sure this would be a superior sight, but I don't know how much work this would be.  Overall, probably worth the $30 I paid, but I'm waiting for them to catch on something and break, at which point I'll look for something more durable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top