Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2002 5:26:44 PM EDT
Ok heres the deal ive been looking for a shotgun offand on now for quite a while my friends all bird hunt and ive done a little myself they all recommend the benelli. so I go to the gun show today and there is a SBE 3 1/2in there with a 28in barrel for $999. Im not really sure if thats what I want. Id like to know what are the real differnces between the M1 field and the SBE? I handled it it seemed pritty light which is what I want I also want something with low recoil. will a benelli do that? is there another auto gun out there that has less recoil? also why the high price for the benelli? thanks Ill be using it for bird hunting id like to have a synthetic stock and at least a 26in barrel.
thanks
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#1]
the only diff is the 3.5 inch chamber. by bird hunting, if you mean like pheasants and stuff, the M1 is fine. you only need tghe SBE for like geese. the standard syn M1S90 feild has syn stock, and 26 inch barrel, sweet peice IMO.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 9:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
BENELLI-"Now THAT'S Italian!" You are making a good choice with either one of the two. I look at it this way. Both the SBE and the M1S90 are available in 24, 26, and 28 inch barrel lengths. Both are available in wood, synthetic, or synthetic camo models. The differences between the two are the ability of the SBE to accept a 31/2" shell and the price. Generally the SBE is about $300.00 more. If you are hunting geese, cranes, turkeys or any other large bird buy the SBE and don't look back. If you are not going to shoot large birds or do so rarely buy the M1S90. If I were to look at any other brand of gun it would be the Beretta 391 series including their new extrema 31/2" gun. The Beretta being gas operated may have lighter felt recoil if you are sensitive. Benelli does have a recoil reducer for the SBE/M1S90 guns however. Happy hunting!
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#3]
In regards to your question on price you are paying top dollar for what I consider to be professional equipment. There are a minimum number of parts in the gun and proportionately less to go wrong with them. Watch ANY of the high speed low drag police and military units. If you see them using shotguns more often then not they are benelli's. The guns WORK pure and simple. That is part of what you are paying for. That and a million dollar marketing campaign(let's be honest). The gun will last you a lifetime of shooting and then some. It's flexibility makes it necessary to buy only one gun...unless you want more! I have four! All have worked without fail in a variety of conditions including cold Minnesota duck blinds and Dakota dust storms. Spend the money you won't be sorry. Then you can enjoy your hunts knowing your equipment is going to perform. The rest is on you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 10:00:38 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks to those who replyed. Ill probably end up getting a M1 Field. Ill be hunting geese some but Im pritty recoil sensitive, that and the $300 diff to me doesnt justify the larger shell. I wasnt bitching about the high price I just wanted to know WHY. Ive seen stuff before that was high priced I would rather not be caught up in hype. so considering what Ive heard from frends and those on this board Ill probably go with that. also how does thier new mercury filled recoil reducer work? I dont grasp the concept I guess
thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top