Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2002 5:09:08 PM EDT
I read a lot of negative talk all over the web about the Mini-Y being too loud. I can see this if you're siting next to someone on the line but when I'm the one doing the shooting it doesn't bother me. As long as it manages muzzle rise and recoil what's the big deal? Isn't louder better anyway for instilling fear in your enemies?

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:11:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it!

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 M4's one with the mini Y and the other has a slotted brake and with hearing protection on I cant hear any difference, but I feel that the mini Y does a slightly better job of reducing muzzle climb.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Good idea.  Who cares if you're making everybody else hate life so long as it doesn't bother you.  

In the carbine class I took a few months ago I noticed that not only are they loud, but there's a lot of side blast.  _A LOT_ of side blast.  Enough to tear pieces of masonite from the barricades we were using to practice shooting around corners.  You'd better hope that blast enhancer of yours instills enough fear in your enemies that they don't notice the dust cloud that is marking your position.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah my Bushy M4 has one, and it seems to work really well. My other shooting buddies think its really nice when i blow gas and other shit in thier faces if we're on the bench. But besides that, it steadies it well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I was at a private range in Florida a few weeks ago and we were shooting from "non-standard" (late in the day, foolin' around)positions.  I fired three rounds lying on my side, muzzle brake is vertical, and blasted sand forty feet away.  Covered me in the process.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:43:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Awwwhhh...what a sad situation. The girlies sitting next to me are worried about their hair getting messed up. Maybe they should put on their bonnets or go inside where it's calmer. I was discussing the SOUND not the air being re-directed.

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered a Bushy M4gery today, and I certainly hope its as loud as everyone says it is.

By the way, I paid $760 for mine, does that sound like a good deal or about average?
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:25:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just ordered a Bushy M4gery today, and I certainly hope its as loud as everyone says it is.

By the way, I paid $760 for mine, does that sound like a good deal or about average?

Sounds like a good deal to me.  I'd say they average closer to $900.00.

As far as noise and blast, check out the Smith Compensator for that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I have mini-y comp on my Bushy 20"
Yes, its loud.
I'm sure there's brakes that do a better job.
But shooting XM193 and M193 my muzzle hardly moves, which is good enough for me. I don't think there's a brake that will to a better job preventing muzzle climb better then the y-comp series, but it will do same job but with less decibels. Anyone know which brand that is?

I'll put that on my next AR, my second, which will be built by me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Very loud,although not a problem shooting out side.If you shoot at an indoor range,thats another story.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#11]
try shooting it with out ear protection, i did it about made my ear blead. you say why without ear protection. the last thing i wanna wear in a combat zone is earplugs.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
be afraid.. be very afraid...the .223 does NOT need a muzzle brake....i have a bushy m4 w/ mini-y comp and YES IT IS TOO LOUD...but i guess i thought it looked cool at the time..WRONG...if you used this gun in a situation where you had no ear plugs, yes, your ears will bleed...but the other guy would be deaf, too.....i'm ditchin' my m-y asap..probably get some kind of faux flash hider...oh yeah- i will NEVER buy another gun w/ a muzzle-brake aka the chest rumbler.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 2:03:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got to try out an M4gery with a MiniY comp ... I would rather pull the trigger on an AR10 than that gun because of the noise to the shooter.  It was very effective though.

While brakes may not be necessary, they are very nice to have and a decent one will not noticeably increase the muzzle blast.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I fired for the first time today a dpms m4 I just put together with the bushy ak74 brake and I have to say I like it.No were near as much noise as the miniycomp,but almost no muzzle flip when emptying a 30 rnd mag as fast as posible.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#15]
what a bunch of whiners. What size panties do you "guys" wear anyway? If you're afraid of guns with comps,why not take up Knitting...
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Dear God in heaven that brake is loud! I know that there are breaks on the market that do as good a job (if not better) reducing muzzle rise as the mini-Y. Also the back blast is unbearable, I know in a perfect world this is not an issue, but occasionally indoor training is a necessity and then that comp just blows.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Glock 31,
    Where did you order a Bushy M4 for $760?  My best numbers come to about $780, and thats not final price.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Bill3508, I ordered it from an FFL dealer a friend knows.
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I like it!

Hell, I LOVE MINE!!!!!

DK

BUSHMASTER M4A3 MINI "Y COMP" = ROCKS!!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2002 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Aimsurplus has the Bushie M-4 for 749.00 + shipping. There out of Ohio.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top