Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2002 3:42:46 PM EDT

My dad said he would buy me a pistol for my 20th yes twentyith birthday... it well be in his name until i turn 21 but will be mine... i dont wanna buy a crappy pistol for my first one and want a 1911 or similar pistol i like the standard sized 1911's WC makes but they ahem cost like 2 grand plus i dont want my dad spending 2k on me for my bday... anyway is this pistol good? ive heard awesome things about Wilson Combat and was thinking of getting one...  its specs are

Caliber...45     Barrel Length...4.1"
Overall Length...8"     Overall Width...1 5/16"
Weight Empty...29oz.    Weight Loaded...37oz.
Magazine Capacity...9rd.

Stainless Steel and Kevlar Reinforced Polymer

KZ-Compact w/tactical safety - $1,125.00
KZ-Compact w/ambidextrous safety - $1,165.00

one question whats the difference between tactical and ambidextrous safeties?

Thanks for all yall's advice in advance
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
No offense against wilson owners, they make fine pistols, but they are over priced IMHO.  I think you'd be wise to look into the offerings from Spingfield and Kimber.  Both make an excellent 1911 for the money.  I don't know much about them, but many people like para ordance also.

Personally, I'm a fan of the HK and Sig Classic pistols.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#2]
hint hint... i said for my bday... i aint paying for it!  
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Last I heard, the KZ compact is not shipping until August, maybe later.  Don't quote me on this but, this is what my dealer said.  If this is true, you may be waiting for a while to be able to play with your new toy.

I have a KZ-45 full size, and it is a great piece.  I think Wilsons are great, with the service to back it up.  I am sizing up a compact CQB at the moment.

If this is going to be your first pistol you own, I think a Wilson would be a great choice.  It will certainly carry a lot of sentimental value down the road.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I jus emailed WC and asked them when the KZ-Compact will be coming out... if it doesnt come out till august or later i will get me a KZ-45... i like the all black and a little bit of stainless steel look... no black slide and stainless grip for me... the green look is cool too but that pistol is like 3k waaaaaaay outta my league...
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Im either gonna get  Kimber Pro Carry HD(hd=.45) a KZ-Compact or a KZ-45   I'm looking more into the Wilson Combat pistols. I dont much go for different colored slides and grips and all that... gotta be all one color with a little bit of stainless like my pic posted above..  no wood grips either unless its like a old 1911 back in the day kinda thing...  I'm picky but i gotta be when buying guns... im not gonna buy something unless i love it or its perfect for me..  specially paying near a grand
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I would go with the Kimber and a lot of ammo.  They're much more fun when you can actually shoot them.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Wilson is overpriced, no matter who is paying for it.

Jsut because your dad is buying doesn't mean it's a good idea to throw money away.
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#8]
well i've reconsidered anyway... I've pretty much narrowed it down to a HK USP Tactical
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top