Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2002 8:57:28 AM EDT
I've looked all over in my area for a .223 snapcap for dry firing but haven't found one. Anyone know where I can buy one in this cal.?

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Brownell's, if you are desperate enough to try a search on their web site
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Dillon also has them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#4]
You can buy direct from A-Zoom or the Sportsman's Guide has a two pack for $7.97 before shipping, which is about the best price you're going to get.  If you ever need an odd caliber, ordering direct from the manufacturer is the way to go.

Personally, I would stay away from the plastic ones like Armsport with the spring loaded brass "primers" as the brass shavings created from the firing pin hits on these "primers" can get shavings in areas you don't want like the firing pin hole.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 10:55:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Are Snap Caps really needed on an AR-15?  Do you know how many times those military M16's get dry fired in Boot Camp?  It's funny how mine always shot Expert!

Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are Snap Caps really needed on an AR-15?  Do you know how many times those military M16's get dry fired in Boot Camp?  It's funny how mine always shot Expert!

After reading your last posts about recommending Wolf out of an HK, I bet you could shoot expert with Wolf out of your AR.

Whisky, no flame but what's the deal with the smiley faces humping? Your question had nothing to do with gay butt sex, so what the heck?

Between bad info about wolf ammo and gay butt sex in a snap cap thread, this site is starting to scare me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 12:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm...Storm clouds a brewin'...
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I have no idea why I put the doggy style sex on there. Hey thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I have seen these at the Bass-Pro shop here in Grapevine, TX...

I don't think they are worth the $19? for them.
IMO
Link Posted: 5/4/2002 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#10]
if you raely need a snap cap, make one !!

take an empty unfired unprimed case, fill the primer pocket wyth RTV, the "stiff stuff", in fact fill the entire empty case, insert a bullet in case neck to OAL specs.......

i have used this method to make other rifle & shotgun "snap caps".......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top