Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2002 1:26:54 PM EDT
I ordered a Springfield Armory Generation 2 4-14X56 riflescope yesterday. I am mounting it on a Remington 700 PSS in .308. I also ordered a Badger Ordnance one-piece  scope base and ring set. The base is ramped 20MOA to get more range out of a standard scope. My question is: Will the ramp affect the BDC built into the Springfield Armory scope? I assumed that it would not affect it. I figure that after it is sighted in for 100 yards, everything will fall into place regardless as to whether the scope is mounted level or inclined front-to-back. Is this a correct assumption? Also, will my internal bubble-level still be visible with a front-to-back incline of 20MOA? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Jeez...ya couldn't even wait for me to reply to your e-mail.

Do you still need the measurements of my rings?
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Brouhaha, yeah, I figured if you were online you would respond first since you have the exact same set-up. Any idea as to my question above? As for the rings, they were sold out of all but the size you have on yours (1.125"), so I had to get them regardless of whether or not I could have went with lower ones.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have no clue about your question.  I, unfortunately, have not had the chance to shoot mine out past 200 yards, which is where the rifle is zeroed.  So, I have no idea how well the BDC works.

Let me know if the shorter rings work for ya.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Let me know if the shorter rings work for ya.

Brouhaha, you misunderstood me. The only rings in stock were the same size you had, so that is the size I had to get. Is your internal level still visible with the incline? Hopefully someone can clue us in on the BDC question.
Link Posted: 4/30/2002 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Brouhaha, you misunderstood me. Is your internal level still visible with the incline? Hopefully someone can clue us in on the BDC question.

Woops!  Read it wrong.

Yes, the internal level is still visible.

The only thing I really dislike about my setup is that the base gets in the way of loading the rounds.  I might circumvent that by getting a mag adapter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top