Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2002 9:00:55 PM EDT
which is your choice for self-defense..
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Spitwad,  less impact, but better accuracy.  Kinda like the AK / AR argument.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
i use a spitwad as primary but carry a rubberband for backup work
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
What about a pre-ban rubber band/paper clip combo? Excellent penetration with that.....
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#4]
More capacity and faster follow up shots with spit wads.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
The spitwad has the secondary benefit of a Biological payload, if done correctly..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The spitwad has the secondary benefit of a Biological payload, if done correctly..

Meplat-

LMAO!
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What about a pre-ban rubber band/paper clip combo? Excellent penetration with that.....

Listen up people!  This guy knows what he's talking about.

I've personally stuck these into that cardboard-like ceiling material found in at my Jr high school.  Very accurate as well.

I'm 38 and don't believe I just remembered that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the spitwad over the rubberband if talking about just using the rubberband as a primary weapon.

The spitwad does have the advantage when it comes to coverage.  However, the rubberband does deliver a much more painfull wound.

It is a matter of user choice!

medcop
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 11:40:26 PM EDT
[#9]

I've personally stuck these into that cardboard-like ceiling material found in at my Jr high school. Very accurate as well.

I'm 38 and don't believe I just remembered that.

LOL, don't feel too bad....I'm 37, and the school ceiling thing is how I remembered....accurate, outstanding penetration, and you'll out-range anything else, too. The .50BMG of classroom combat.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't do it in class, but I did it on the bus. I had better things to do in class, but that's a different story. Now when I got a round jammed, I simply filled the straw/pen/cylindrical tube with saliva and let 'er rip. Fun when people scream after being covered in spit. So many memories...

But I would choose the rubber band/paper clip combo. Hurts. More.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm thinking the spitwad would be highly ineffective as a defensive weapon. Beware the man with only one large rubber band, he might know how to use it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#12]
That is easy,

Spitwad, accuracy, longer range, plus the sticking power of saliva soaked paper
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:31:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Rubberband Gatling Gun!
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I use those really big sniper rubber bands, you know the .50 kind, at least until they're banned.  I also have an M203 spitwad launcher mounted underneath for a little extra protection.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/22/2002 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Once the rubber band drops below ~27 fps it loses most of it's stinging power, people with short fingers are at a disadvantage at closer ranges.

I go with the spitwad, as it has more mass, though lesser initial velocity, it's kinetic energy doesn't drop off as fast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top