Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2002 8:02:11 PM EDT
I want to buy & mount one ON TOP of my tactical carry handle on my 2001 LEGP.  Which one should I get, & more importantly, why?  What are the differences/advantages of each?  Anyone have any practical experience w/ this kind of setup?  I noticed on Sableco's site that they have a pic of an LEGP w/ an ML2 mounted on top of a tac handle, thus also negating the need for flip up sights...

www.sableco.net/id23.htm

What do ya'll think?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think thats a LEGP on the website, but anyway, I would get the Aimpoint. I had the Reflex 2 and had trouble seeing the triangle in moderate to bright light, I sold it to get an Aimpoint. With the Aimpoint I can adjust the brightness level. I don't mind battery replacement, no big deal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
The Trijicon needs no batteries BUT it's much dimmer. I had one and had difficulty shooting from a darker area into the day light - like shooting from the shadows of a house, under the cover of trees, or from under a tarp. I sent the thing back for an Aimpoint Comp ML.

The Aimpoint does require batteries. If you've got a post ban just pop one in the trunk (shoulder stock) along with your bottle of CLP, spare firing pin and firing pin retaining pin and World's Fastest Gun Cleaner. I get at least a year out of mine and have tested it by leaving the sight on for two weeks once and it came out fine and lasted the remainder of the year.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree, get the Aimpoint.  Very nice setup.

SGtar15

Edited after I saw pic.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Aimpoint it is!  One other question.  Does an old A1 style stock have a trapdoor?  I like the little shorter length on it & was considering ordering one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2002 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Get the Aimpoint. I find it hard to understand how great the ACOG's are that trijicon makes, and how crappy a product their reflex sites are. I finally got to check one out first hand a week ago and I was not impressed to say the least. I think you'll be much happier with the Aimpoint.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top