Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2002 6:42:44 AM EDT
Ok, I've been posting a lot of questions on different rifles as of late. I am looking to add another to my small, but growing collection. In one of those posts, the FR-8 was mentioned and I looked into it. Wow, seems like a great gun. I'm asking for any opinions, site links, advice, fair price to pay, anything important I should know/look for when I go to get one, where's a good place to buy it from, any help at all.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
This oughta get you started:www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Headlines&BID=30&SID=522885,web.jet.es/apraiz/e_spsteel.html,www.gunsworld.com/spain/cetmefr8_us.html

Thanks! This is a good start. I've got a smaller gun show in town next weekend and the bigger Eastmans in 3 weeks, I hope I can find one there. I've really got the bug to pick one up while waiting for the AR-180B to finally show up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a great gun !! If you can find one thats in good condition and not beat, pick it up. The FR-8 is accurate and strong but has stout recoil.Solve that issue by using a slip-on on a recoil pad.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#4]
How much do these guns run?  Last time I saw one it was beat to hell and about $100, is that the same these days?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 11:46:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How much do these guns run?  Last time I saw one it was beat to hell and about $100, is that the same these days?

I don't know, but at the Florida Guns website and a few other sites they were around 250 and pictured in good shape. Per some of the posts and pix at the link provided by RAF above, they were said to be around 100 bucks at gun shows and the pix posted looked nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top