Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2002 11:57:21 PM EDT
  I'm looking for some info on this gun. I've heard rumors here and there but I would like the input from anyone who actually owns one. How much did you pay? Likes/dislikes? Accurate? Anyone own the compact model? Is this pistol a good buy? I sure like the way it looks but how does it perform?
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:16:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I own a CZ-75B.  I payed $375 out the door with tax,etc.  I like it quite a bit.  In fact it's become my favorite all around pistol.  The only thing I didn't like were the grips that came on mine, which had some bogus thumbrest for import points.  I replaced them immeadiately.  It works great.  I haven't had any failures, and it's as accurate as my Sigs.  It is similar in size to a Browning High-power, but with a DA capability and a Browning type safety (i.e. cocked and locked)  The DA trigger pull is very nice.  The sights are good.  The gun itself is very natural feeling in the hand.  High-cap mags are still not too expensive either.  I think they are a great buy.  

I do not own a compact.

Ross
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Also have one.$299 plus tax and transfer. This gun was made to take it. All steel construction. Mine was a CZ-75B from the Turk contract that fell through. It has a polymer finish which seems very durable. I also replaced the Turkish Grips with factory CZ rubber. I have heard that these Turk guns are starting to thin out so if you want one get one know while the getting is good. You won't be sorry. Best buy in pistols IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had several including originals, clones and compacts.  Reliable, good ergonomics, accurate, nice trigger, great price.  Downsides - A bit heavy (depending upon the model), fair resale value, sights are usually too big.

My bottom line?  The best value in a DA 9mm.

SRM
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#4]
If you want a 9X19, and feel uncomfortable with plastic/polymers,  then the CZ 75 is the way to go.

Compare one to any DA nine. You'll get the -75.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 7:45:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I have three. These are absolutely the best gun for the money. They are a bit on the heavy side for carry and a pain to work on but %100 reliable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2002 8:09:58 AM EDT
[#6]
A local dealer has a CZ75BD with the contoured grips without the thumbrest. It sure feels good in the hand. He is a little high on it but I will have to see if I can work on him a little.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 6:57:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got two CZs and a .22 conversion.  I think they're the best 9mms ever built.  They fee great in the hand and are very reliable.

Glocks are reliable and durable but they sure are homely.  Few of the polymer rifles look any good.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#8]
lots of info on all CZ models at  czforums.com
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 10:09:29 AM EDT
[#9]
CZ-75 internals same as EAA Tanfoglio clones, which makes  for readily available accessories.
Have 4(1x9 & 3x40).All set up for single action
with very crisp 4# triggers that are very
consistent.  Not match quality shooters but
more than just "combat" accurate. Novak
sights look great but plan on buying the
milling tool for your gunsmith as the slides
are very hard. Magazines vary greatly in
price show to show and be careful to actually
try a mag in your pistol before buying-- I
have noticed some have the release cut slightly
off and wont lock(many EAA mags wont quite
fit/Mec-Gar mags are inexpensive and very
good quality. Good shooting. Chuck Hunt
SEAHUNT
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 3:26:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I like my CZ75B better than any Beretta I've ever shot.  For the money, you just don't get a better steel-framed pistol.

The only thing better are Browning Hi-Power, SIG... and they've got a big premium due to the name.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Does anybody know of a replacement sight set for these?  I love mine but the front sight is dovetailed in from the front and was painted/coated with the rest of the slide.  It does not have the crisp edges that I prefer on a front sight.  Hands down, best pistol in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/21/2002 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top