Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2002 11:35:43 AM EDT
I have a bushmaster flattop with a 24" bbl, and it needs rebarreled, Was giving serious thought about sending the upper off to CLE, and getting it rebarreled with a Douglas bbl,(1 in 8 twist)However, looking in my latest copy of shotgun news, I see Rock River has a nice looking varmit upper,complete with bolt,carrier, and charging handle,Free-floated S.S. Wilson bbl with Wilde chamber,(1 in 8 twist) looking around I can get fron sable for $460.00 (20"bbl) plus shipping,all I have to do is put it, and my scope, on my bushy lower, anyone actually own one? how accurate is it? how do you think it compares to a CLE upper with a douglas bbl?? I'm wanting to get at least 1"groups @ 100yds,I figure I'd have at least this much or more in a CLE rebarreled upper,These RRA uppers are very reasonably priced, I don't want to spend a fourtune, but I don't want junk either,I'm thinking this might be a good happy meadium, I'm planning on using this for target and varmit shooting, nothing serious,no match shooting, but I do want a high level of accuracy,Opinions? Advice?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top