Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/13/2002 11:04:35 PM EDT
I was at a gunshow in Portland last month. I was shopping for a preban AR, This was a big gunshow, so I just look for CAR stocks to identify prebans, I saw more than a few AR's for sale that were postbans with collapsible stocks, I had a serial # cut off list with me for most brands (of course I didnt find 1 good deal at the gunshow, typical), I talked to a few people, who assured me that they were preban, (but they werent!) I always ask if they have documentation to prove they were a fully assembled rifle before '94. anyway do you think these people are just ignorant of the laws or are they trying to rip people off?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:13:42 PM EDT
Its a mix of both. I went to a GS last month where a table had 3 "Pre Bans". All of the rifles had post recievers and I asked the vendor if he new they were post. He replied that they were Post lowers being sold with a Rifle Kit that way it was legal. This guy had no clue what he was doing. At the last several shows that I have gone to I wrote down the SN# of the "pre "rifles. Out of 37 only three were good Pres. Good look in your quest.

Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:20:40 PM EDT
thanks, Im sure that alot of people have postbans, thinking that they are prebans, you really have to check the serial # yourself, not just take someones word that it is a preban, I know these laws arent really enforced, but I dont want to risk having preban features on a postban, they are really just asthetics anyway, not many of us really need our flash hidden, and I dont think were going to stab anyone with a baonette, (SP?) and CAR stocks are really only usefull in tactical situations, BUT I LOVE THEM ANYWAY, gotta get a preban!!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:18:29 AM EDT
Well, well - still at it huh ??

Do you have anything to ask or say that isn't border-line illegal ??

Did you get a new script writer ??

Still working on 'ENTRAPMENT' 101 ??

Every day, EVERY day I check on you to see what new scam you're trying.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:22:42 AM EDT
a five star troll, perhaps?

Link Posted: 4/14/2002 5:48:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By markm:
a five star troll, perhaps?

markm,
when it comes to this person(?) I only hope I can rate all five stars !!
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:50:43 AM EDT
what the hell is your problem?
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 9:46:43 PM EDT
paulie you must be talking about the show at the fairgrounds with the century lowers. too bad century never made a preban.
Top Top