Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2002 10:40:43 PM EDT
I'm just wondering if there is a simple explanation for the price increase for both Aimpoint and Surefire? Is it because of military demand, or just a desire for more money? I really want an Aimpoint M2 and a Surefire M900, but it looks like by the time I can save up enough, the price increase will take effect for ALL suppliers (since right now a few are still offering the old prices). A stupid post but this is a subject that affects most of us. Thanks for reading...
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 12:44:06 AM EDT
Just like taxes.....

Because they can!
But at least the free market does productive things with my money.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 6:39:21 AM EDT
It's a pisser, ain't it. Same thing has happened to me. Saved and saved, then the price increase. Does this bother anyone else?
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:02:58 AM EDT
Cuz they can.

1. Military & LEO demand

2. material price increase that weren't passed on earlier (aluminum has shot up in the last year)

3. Terrorist scares = more folks preparing
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:09:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/10/2002 7:10:27 AM EDT by OLY-M4gery]
I think I came close to being kicked off the SureFire website due to my comments about the price increases.

I don't think that there has been a signifigant increase in raw material costs that required SureFire to increase prices. They have a new marketing manager, and restructured the way they deal with their dealers.

I think they believe their own hype, that they are the greatest go-fast type lights in the world bar none................ They are good, they ain't perfect.

Loosing touch with the customer's that have worked so hard to gather could be a fatal mistake, financially.

Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:01:05 PM EDT
Top Top