Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 10:54:03 PM EDT
Went to the Crossroads of the West show in Phoenix this weekend.  Had a great selection.  Ken Elmore from SAW was there, he has quite the selection.  

One note, at least two vendors I talked to said they had inventory stolen at this show.  Is that usually a problem at shows?  The one guy had night vision equipment out on display, and got two stolen, to the tune of $1200 or so.  That makes me sick.  

Also, is there usually as many gangbangers at most shows?  I seem to have seen an awful lot drooling over the AKs.  Well, let me know if your were there, and what you think...
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Stolen goods is part of the gunshow experience unfortunately. Sad part is most gun dealers dont have the scruples or morals to NOT sell to someone they suspect as a banger $$$ comes first then we get the black eye when they are used in a crime.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 7:20:22 AM EDT
[#2]
There was another thread on this. What happened to it?
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, some guy had not only a Bushie ARM, but a Calico M-100/9, and a Leader on his table.. I wonder how much paper towel, and CLP he went through just to get the fondle marks off of em..

Did see some nice old iron though.. Quite a few No5Mk1 SMLE's..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty decent show, even the wife enjoyed it. Now I just have to convince her to buy her own AR so I don't have to share mine. She says she doesn't want one, but her trigger finger says, "Yes, yes!"

coyote3
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#5]
One of the tables I was looking at that had Glock Hicaps on it the vender said he had just got ripped for 2 hicaps.
I say pay attention! or put them under glass! To many "scumbags" from south central phoenix at these shows to leave $80-$120 mags sitting at the edge of your tables. Wake up guys....
I have 9 years Security background and as I walked the show I was amazed how lax people were and how little they paid attention to who was picking up things from there tables etc....I know they have undercover police at the shows they must have all been taking coffee breaks.....

rant-off

John
Link Posted: 4/9/2002 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 7:56:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I also went to the crossroads show, yes I saw a few gangbangers there but I also saw a few Nazi, and KKK skin heads. Now I'm not saying every white guy with a shaved head is a skinhead but the 5 or 6 I saw were all hovering around the only guy at the show with Nazi paraphernalia, so I figured they probably were Nazi skins.

S.H.A.R.P

The gun show had your normal array of stuff at the crossroads show.

The guy at the glockmeister table had so many people waiting for his services that he could not possible have been paying attention to the 20 or so high cap mags that were in front of him, he even tried to give me another guys credit card which I of course gave it back to him.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top