Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/6/2002 12:54:42 PM EDT
Found a used ArmaLite M15A2 carbine with green stock at a Cabela's the other day.

After playing with it and stripping it down for some strange reason I could just not leave it sitting in the used rifle rack.

It looks like new with no scratches/dings or scrapes on the outside. No brass markings on the brass defelector and the bolt carrier looks like it was fired a few rounds and never cleaned.

Does ArmaLite honor there warranty for a used gun?? There was no papers/mags or anything else with the rifle.

Is $825.00 a good price for a used excellent condition M15A2 post ban carbine??
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:00:41 PM EDT
Wholesale on a M15A2 carbine is $700 with chrome bbl/standard trigger. Retail is $935...
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 2:56:08 PM EDT
Yes, Armalite will honor the warranty. They will ask for the serial # to verify its theirs.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 7:50:59 AM EDT
I paid $800 for my 20 incher three years ago.

I'd say ya got a pretty fair deal!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 8:06:39 AM EDT
ArmaLite has experienced very high sales volume in all their rifles but especially in the M-15's.
When you consider current availability I'd say your deal was fair.

I try to keep a manual with all my guns and might suggest you order a manual from ArmaLite to have with your rifle - might also want consider ordering one low-cap mag.

Other than those couple of things I'm sure you already have military manufacturer M16 mags.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 9:43:37 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 11:07:40 AM EDT
Just got mine friday, NIB $799.95 in Loveland, CO.

But I have been told they are beating most retail by about $100

dave
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 12:26:04 PM EDT
Gun prices seem to be some sort of regional thing. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and there could be as much as $150-$200 diffenece in the price of a gun between Miami and Ft. Pierce. That's 200 miles on I-95. Go to the west coast, FL, not Calif. and see the same thing. Paid $700 for a used super clean Snake ES2 16". Private purchase, probably $50 more than I should have. Seems as if I want another Armalite, I need to order out of Tx. and pay shipping and FFL fee to my local shop; but I'm not locked into Armalite. An 15-NM and the 10-T is enough. My point is, as I see shooter ask if they got a good price, my first ? is where do you live and what would it cost for you to get the same gun from another part of the country.
Top Top