Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2002 9:16:01 AM EDT
I have an XM15 E3 Shorty, tricked out with an Oly rail system, an Eotech 511 sight, a vertigrip and panels, Hogue grip, and a mess of magazines. I am looking to upgrade to something bigger (.308), and plan to sell it in the next month or so. I have my eye on a DSA SA58.

My question: I fear that taking it to a gun dealer, or to a gun show, I will probably get screwed, or at least they will try. Trying to get a ballpark figure sometimes is like pulling teeth... any suggestions on what the best way to proceed on this is?
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I say your best bet is to yake the rifle apart and sell it by the part.  You'll probably be able to make more money parting out the gun, rather than a package deal.

700 for the Carbine
200 for the EOtech
250 for the rail system & Panels
50 for the Vert. Handle

And that gives you $1200, which would be a hard number to get for a Postban rifle.  I haven't even included the mags which you can get 15-20 bucks depending on condition.  These numbers may also be low, but I think you see where I'm going with this.  If you have the origional Pistol Grip, I'd even swap that back and sell the grip seperately.

Of course selling the whole gun in one shot would be easier, but to make the most of your investment, part out and sell seperately.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Sell it all right here on AR15.com
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#4]
i am interested!  please post a pic and also a price!  
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sell it all right here on AR15.com

Agreed.

This site will bring more money since this is what the sight is all about anyway.

You will also do better parting it out. Just like Vinnie advised
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#6]
check the EE, under AR's. I have posted it, w/ a pic.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#7]
See how well that sold?
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Everything sold?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top