Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 5:48:08 PM EDT
I have a relatively new (100 rounds through it) AR-10 A2, stainless barrel, National Match trigger, green furniture.  I have about $100 of work into the rifle (muzzle break removal).  I also have a handle scope mount.

With the muzzle break, I was getting .5 MOA groups with irons.  After the muzzle break, because the guy who cut the barrel was a little careless, I get 1.5 MOA.  I could get a recrown and get it back to normal condition.  It's not bad at all now, but it's capable of more.  I just don't have the tools and haven't yet had the time to take it in.

I really want to scope the gun, and am finding that it's a PITA to zero it with it being so high.

Basically, I'm wishing I'd have bought a flat-top.... maybe even something already free-floated.  I could send it off to KFF, and may yet, but haven't decided if it's worth the trouble.

So, I'm looking to sell the whole rifle or the upper, or have it modified.  Trouble is, I am unsure of a good ballpark price for the gun.

I paid $1450 when I bought it.  It came with two magazines.  I have the $50 mount.  I have the $100 break-cut job.  I have 100 rounds through it.  The gun shoots pretty accurately, even with a rough crown.  Functions flawlessly, even with bad ammo.

What's a good ballpark?  $1100-$1200?  How about for just the upper?  $650?

There's a High Caliber show here in H-town soon, and may unload there.  However, don't want to get ripped off or go in there thinking I'm asking a good price but am overshooting.

Thanks in advance, guys and gals!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

With the muzzle break, I was getting .5 MOA groups with irons.  After the muzzle break, because the guy who cut the barrel was a little careless, I get 1.5 MOA.  I could get a recrown and get it back to normal condition.

Basically, I'm wishing I'd have bought a flat-top.... maybe even something already free-floated.  

GungHo,
I was sure hoping someone else would respond to your question !

If I were looking at your rifle and was a serious buyer I would deduct $350.00 which is the cost of a new barrel from ArmaLite from your $1100 - $1200 figure.

I suspect that's not what you want to hear.

Basically I made the decision that I'm through with anything AR that doesn't have a flattop.  So many more scope and mount options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top