Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/26/2002 7:49:06 PM EDT
Ignoring the obvious difference of length, what are the differences between the short entry buttstock and the regular sized buttstock. Is there a difference in spring tension or length? Are the pistons the same?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 12:28:40 AM EDT
I just saw one of those in an NRA rag..rock river made it I think..
I'm going to assume it uses the same shortened parts as a collapsable stock does...buffer and buffer spring...the end of the tube would be threaded to accepy the stock like a standard stock...but i'm only guessing..I'm planning on buying one tho...my arms are short and an A2 stock is tooo damn long
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 3:35:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/27/2002 3:35:35 AM EDT by mini14jac]
bybon,

The RRA Entry stock uses the carbine (or CAR, or collapsible stock) buffer, tube and spring.
Also, the entry stock does not have the storage compartment for a cleaning kit.

I wish they had made it about 1" longer.
I didn't want to spend another $20-$50 for a stock extender, so I went back to my A1 stock.

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 6:08:00 PM EDT
Thanks guys that is all I needed to know. 20 -50 bucks for a stock extender! What a rip!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 6:00:36 PM EDT
It is VERY short. A tad too short for an average sized adult to shoot comfortably IMO. I got it, not as a 'Tactical Entry' stock, but so my nephew could shoot my AR-15, so that's not a major deal for me, it's a pretty quick job to swap out the stocks.

As others mentioned, it uses a carbine length buffer tube, assembly, and screw, which is it supposed to come with - mine didn't, but it was an error, and my buffer is on the way.

An A-2 Trapdoor buttplate WILL fit though, just in case you hadn't thought of it. The compartment is of course much shorter, but a good bit roomier than the A-2 storage compartment.
Top Top