Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/23/2002 8:47:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2002 9:11:54 PM EDT by sulaco]
A few friends of mine own SKS’ and I was wondering if there were any stocks that would make an SKS’ look more like an AK. With a pistol grip and fixed stock, I’ve seen folding stocks for the SKS but would prefer a fixed stock similar to an AR-15 A2 stock. The stock can be made from Synthetics or wood, doesn’t really matter. Any ideas?

Are there any legal issues I should know about putting a pistol grip on an SKS in CA? Thanks for the help.
- Sulaco
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 10:19:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/23/2002 10:20:24 PM EDT by AR-15Fan]
Most all of the aftermarket stocks for the SKS are crap. I had the folding stock POS from the company that makes all the common SKS stocks, and they're all junk. I believe they call em ATI Fiberforce stocks. Total trash...

The only stock I would recommend is the Choate Dragunov-Style stock. It is very nice, although it costs around $75. Very happy with it. The ATI drag-style stock is a big fat POS by the way, don't waste your money on it. Get the Choate one...

Here's a pic of mine with my AKs
http://www.inter-scape.com/ray/weaps.gif
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 3:50:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 7:06:56 AM EDT
i feel the same, the Choate Dragunov-Style stock is the best i've tried. i didn't like the original chinese wooden stock, it was too short. i bought one of the 'non-folding' stocks, the triger pull was too long. i bought a ram-line monte carlo. fit great, good length, but again. the trigger pull was too long. belive it or not, i kept pinching my finger between the trigger and the trigger guard. (i have short fingers)

so, i love the Choate Dragunov-Style stock, no pinched finger anymore.

if anybody wants a non-folding pistol grip stock or the ram line monte carlo. shoot me a email.
1cb@msn.com

cb

Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:21:54 PM EDT
Top Top