Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2002 9:54:11 PM EDT
I have been wanting to get a decent ak for my collection.  I saw one at my favorite gun shop that is a Bulgarian milled receiver.  I saw something on it that said SR9 or SL9 something like that.  Does anyone know what type of AK I'm referring to and is it a good quality AK.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
A few factors here:  I am gonna be vague due to the hour here.  Its too late to remember model numbers, lol.

How much is it?
What condition?

I have the Arsenal USA (light barrel contour).
$434 (I think the price has gone up to $500) straight from Ron Olsen @ Global Trades in Houston.  IMHO its the best new AK out there.

Jarhead94
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Did it look like this:

If so, you're in luck. This is a SLR-95 from Arsenal Bulgaria. In my opinion the BEST 7.62x39 AK type ever made.

Why do I like it so much?
I *used* to hate AK's because of their inaccuracy. A friend of mine convinced me to buy one anyway. i said I would *if* it had some features I like, well by coincidence I ran into the SLR-95.

I got one of the first ones imported into the U.S., I've never handled an AK that shoots as well as this one. If I had a chance i'd buy a few more, for an AK it is excellent. Even the trigger is nice too!!!!

If you didn't want it and if I could still buy one here in California i'd say give me the dealers address.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:33:39 AM EDT
[#3]
The Bulgarian AK's are known for there quality. Never got to shoot one, but I've heard nothing but good things about them. If the price isn't too high, I'd say go for it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:05:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like an SLR-95.  They came with and without muzzle brakes.

Bulgarian AKs are top notch quality.  Another good Bulgarian AK is the SA M-7, pretty much same as SLR-95, except it has the pistol grip and cleaning rod under the barrel.  Either are great choices!
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 6:57:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to have one of the Bulgarian AK's. They are absolutly the best AK ever made. The most dependable firearm I ever layed hands on, bar none (and Ive signed a lot of yellow sheets) tough as a anvil. It will never be a long range rifle, mind you, but within 200m it is the most devastating thing you can get you hands on, for under $1000.00. Pull trigger and it says bang, it does not care what ammo you feed it, it does not care if it's raining, snowing, sleeting, hailing. It does not care if your mags are substandard.

In other words, The bulgars just work. period
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I ended up getting the AK.  It was an Arsenal Bulgarian milled receiver model SLR-100.  It is sweet looking.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top