Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2002 12:02:14 PM EDT
I am looking to buy either of these two guns. I am selling my full size loaded because I can't afford to have both. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Charlie

Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:50:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/20/2002 7:50:59 PM EDT by bunghole]
If the Kimber you are interested in is a Pro Carry HD II, then get the SA. I have an Ultra Carry II and the new series II firing pin block has caused me some problems. I did a lot of work to get mine to work reliably but I shouldn't have had to. For more info about the series II safety, read the Kimber forum at www.1911forum.com.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 9:11:00 AM EDT
I had a Champion and I ended up getting rid of it. There were too many sharp edges on it, it shot too low, and it didn't like to feed SWC's. I would take a Kimber anything over a SA, though the SA "loaded" guns are not bad.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 10:10:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:17:58 PM EDT
I bought a stainless Champion V10 loaded. It was a gorgeous little pistol with an incredible trigger. I traded it without ever firing it after seeing a flurry of posts at www.1911forum.com about the slides on this particular model cracking because of improper heat treatments.
Have a Kimber Pro Carry and other than it shooting about 4 inches low at 25 yards I have no complaints. I'm thinking about sending it to www.wilsoncombat.com for some custom work.
Top Top