Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2002 6:48:49 PM EDT
lonegunman, aka svopilot, aka James Andrews.

He advertised 20 round mags for sale.  I replied, he offered, I accepted, then he sold them to some one else.

Simple mistake?  Maybe, but I think he was just searching for the most money he could get.

Every one needs to realize, when you cut a deal, it's for real.  It's a contract.  It's the law.  So if you're not serious, keep your mouth shut or go somewhere else!

Just a word to the wise.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you pay and not get anything ? No , than you weren't STIFFED . Someone outbidded ya too bad .....
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:41:16 AM EDT
[#2]
If you didn't send him the money and recieve nothing for your trouble you weren't technically stiffed...just taught a sad lesson that not everyone's word is worth a thing. If a deal was made and someone else offered more after the fact, that should have been the seller's loss, not yours.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 1:59:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did you pay and not get anything ? No , than you weren't STIFFED . Someone outbidded ya too bad...

I have a different take on this. If what esq said is true and he met the asking price first he should have been sold the mags.

This is not an auction site.

I consider this to be a BB primarily populated by enthusiasts with a sprinkling of commercial dealers (most are very good guys).  The commercial guys usually provide good prices, timely service and advice. They’re great to have around.

Gentlemen that pull this kind of crap need to move on...

Esq1995,

Why don't you post the details of the deal on the feedback section. I’d like to have a place to refer to next time lonegunman sells something here. Send the link to lonegunman.  I'd be interested in hearing the other parties’ side of the story.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 2:13:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to agree with pdm.  While you technically weren't "stiffed", a business agreement should be honored.  Leave the outbideding to eBay and Gunbroker.com.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 6:36:08 AM EDT
[#5]
PDM & Shadowblade thanks for the support.

My point is, this is NOT an auction sight.  If your fishing for cash, go somewhere else.

As I stated, many EBB participants fail to realize that just because you are not dealing with someone face to face, or in writing does not mean you are not negotiating valid, binding sales contracts.

The behavior I just experienced is what makes people leary of dealing on the net and tarnishes the reputation of fantastic sites like AR15.com and a million others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top