Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2002 8:23:42 PM EDT
I am in the market for a collapsible stock for my SP-1 project, got my new Colt 16" pre ban lightweight barrel, Thanks J&T! Have a new correct flat delta ring assem, have a like new SP-1 Colt large hole non-forward assist upper, will be ordering my bolt and carrier assem from Bushmaster. What type of stock would be correct for this 1981 period SP-1 carbine? I know the original ones had a 2 position stock, should I get a aluminum or fiberite plastic? All of the companies that advertise new Colt stocks are out of stock! Would the one that Bushmaster sells be close to correct? Aluminum or Plastic?
Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, they should all be mil-spec in theory and be interchangeable.    try cheaperthandirt.com and cdnninventments.com
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a factory original SP1 carbine from that era. It has a 2 position aluminum collapsible stock. The buffer tube is aluminum, the stock is semi-gloss black.

It's similar to what Bushmaster calls an "Original Style Fiberite TeleStock". It's different from the current 6 position Fiberite TeleStock.

I have a similar stock from a later Colt rifle I might sell for the right price. E-mail me if you're interested.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top