Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2002 12:55:16 PM EDT
Which one do you like better and why. I currently have the standard ones on my carbine but am wondering if there is a good reason to go to the M4 ones. Never used them before.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer the M4 handguards simply because the regular CAR handguards are so narrow.  The M4 handguards are also made of a better quality material than the Bushmaster CAR handguards I tried and the double heatshields make them more comfortable to hold onto.  But it is the more comfortable feel that I go for.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The prime reason to switch from standard carbine handguards to M4 style is heat. If you aren't having problems with heat build-up, the only thing you'll gain is different ergonomics (some like it better, some don't) and a fatter handguard that may interfere with slings, extended receiver mounts, forward carry handle mounts and other things designed with the standard carbine handguard diameter in mind.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:58:19 PM EDT
[#3]
i switched to the M4 style on mine is not just for the heat, although it help in TX heat, I like the feel of them better, more "meat" to hold.

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have smaller hands, and don't really like the girth of the M4 handguards.  If I was having a heat problem, I'd consider them.  But, my pitiful semi-auto doesn't seem to generate the heat.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
If you plan of throwing any type of rail on your hand guards, don't use the M4's.  You'll end uo detroying the heat shields.  I like the regular handguards.  More accesories out there  that won't fit over the M4 guards.  The Cold M4 handguards are made with a nicer polymer than my Bushy's.  I'll admit to that.  Usually I use the Mag well as my fore grip so heat wasn't an issue.  Also all the gear I have won't fit on/over the Colt guards.  They're actually just sitting here on my desk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top