Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/12/2002 12:55:16 PM EDT
Which one do you like better and why. I currently have the standard ones on my carbine but am wondering if there is a good reason to go to the M4 ones. Never used them before.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 1:11:51 PM EDT
I prefer the M4 handguards simply because the regular CAR handguards are so narrow. The M4 handguards are also made of a better quality material than the Bushmaster CAR handguards I tried and the double heatshields make them more comfortable to hold onto. But it is the more comfortable feel that I go for.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 2:04:52 PM EDT
The prime reason to switch from standard carbine handguards to M4 style is heat. If you aren't having problems with heat build-up, the only thing you'll gain is different ergonomics (some like it better, some don't) and a fatter handguard that may interfere with slings, extended receiver mounts, forward carry handle mounts and other things designed with the standard carbine handguard diameter in mind.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 3:58:19 PM EDT
i switched to the M4 style on mine is not just for the heat, although it help in TX heat, I like the feel of them better, more "meat" to hold.

Link Posted: 3/12/2002 4:17:02 PM EDT
I have smaller hands, and don't really like the girth of the M4 handguards. If I was having a heat problem, I'd consider them. But, my pitiful semi-auto doesn't seem to generate the heat.
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 6:39:57 PM EDT
If you plan of throwing any type of rail on your hand guards, don't use the M4's. You'll end uo detroying the heat shields. I like the regular handguards. More accesories out there that won't fit over the M4 guards. The Cold M4 handguards are made with a nicer polymer than my Bushy's. I'll admit to that. Usually I use the Mag well as my fore grip so heat wasn't an issue. Also all the gear I have won't fit on/over the Colt guards. They're actually just sitting here on my desk.
Top Top