Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2002 10:25:13 AM EDT
Need some help hear I have a Colt Match Target Competition H-Bar with 20 inch heavy barrel.I would like to change the handguard and go with an aluminum one that free floats and has the studs for the sling and a bipod ,I don~t know yet if I want to keep the front sight or replace it and I also want to have the trigger worked on or replaced. I want to lighten the pull and get rid of some of the creap.Any help opions thing to stay away from recomendations would be great. Thanks Andy.........
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd buy another upper in the configuration you wanted, then I'd have one that was legal for highpower competitions (and in the exact shape you bought it in, thinkin of re-sale later) and one for plinking/long range or whatever your intended purpose.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/12/2002 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Both projects are fairly simple operations if done by a qualified gunsmith.  You can find the free float handguards everywhere and your gunsmith can change out the barrel nut and install the FF handguard.  A competition/target trigger is offered by several manufacturers and some are drop in and others ned a gunsmith to install. My local gunsmith charges $30 to install the FF tubes.  If you are on a budget you could buy the trigger and handguard and have them installed for much less than a new upper would cost.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top