Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2017 12:13:12 AM EDT
So today I picked up a 6 gallon, oil less, 150 max PSI air compressor and I'll be using it with a HVLP spray gun with a 0.8 mm nozzle. I'll be using this setup just to do a few lowers with DuraCoat so just wondering if I'm good to go?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:08:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Will be fine. I used a 3gallon 100psi one to do Cerakote and worked fine.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
As long as it is oil less, then good to go, also make sure and put an inline moisture filter as a safeguard.

Make sure and practice on some scrap metal before you start hitting the real thing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:23:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Should work ok, but make sure you have a regulator that allows you to adjust output to proper levels.  Surface prep is key. Make sure it has been abraised and dried with something like acetone.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:07:10 AM EDT
[#4]
What do you mean by "abraised"? I have it polished nicely oil free.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:54:15 AM EDT
[#5]
You want it a little rough for good adhesion
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want it a little rough for good adhesion
View Quote
Crap........I smoothed the crap out of it with 2000 grit. Should I go back down to a 220 and just scuff it up? My only concern is that I don't want it looking rough when it's done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top