Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 5:15:20 PM EDT
wondering if anyone tried one of these?

I currently have two PVS-14s with a panobridge - it's a really well made bridge but I am using it as a binocular more and more so considering switching to a pure binocular housing.

I do want to keep manual gain...and saw the manticore come out.

do you know what % Steps the gain uses? (it has buttons rather than a knob).

if I just hold one of the tubes with one hand, will it be rigid enough for the other one to not flop around?

thank you!
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Definitely curious about the manticore gain steps too, and hands on experience with it as a whole.  Don’t see a lot about it yet.  Nocturn also has the samurai coming out later this year and it appears to have a gain knob on the offboard control unit / battery pack.

Unrelated to nocturn, but related to new manual gain housings, I was curious how the new DTNVS-MG does gain control and adjustable IR output on the same knob.  I was provided the following by the guys at Steele and it does look a little over-complicated.  There is similarly little info about it on the web thus far.  I can provide a review when my set (DTNVS-MG) arrives in about two weeks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:15:48 PM EDT
[#2]
yes! looks a little complicated. wish they just made two knobs or something. I'm sure it would become memory after a few uses.

do you know if the DTNVS gain will be stepped or just regular? (was looking at the RNVG-VG and I learned that is stepped even though it has a round looking knob).
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: Yesterday 10:22:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JonLSU] [#4]
From what they said on YouTube, it was like 20 adjustments for gain.  

I’m planning on ordering one.  Been waiting for a variable gain articulating nvg
Top Top