Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#1]
What's the spec for thermal sensitivity (mK)?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:

Not sure but I’ll find out
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#5]

The official NETD is <40mK for all ArmaCORE thermals.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lexington:
What's the spec for thermal sensitivity (mK)?

The official NETD is <40mK for all ArmaCORE thermals.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the Raven bridge the only one that will work with the Sidekick?

Also, is it articulating(able to rotate the PVS14 and Sidekick up out of eye line)?

Link Posted: 1/16/2024 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 2:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Speaking as a rayvn rail owner using the sidekick and pvs14 together. It's awesome! I can fully rotate both out of sight line.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Some more software update news.

The Armasight team are also working on an update for the 320 and will let is know when it is available. As with the 640 update, it is not ready as of right now, but should be soon.

Sidekick 320 models will not need to go back to Armasight for the update. 320 updates will be able to be installed remotely for 320 models.

I don't have any other details to share but will as soon as I can. Please know that there may be delays in comms due to SHOT.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:23:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#11]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#12]

I just got a new in box 320 today to test ahead of SHOT. I gotta say so far I think it looks pretty damn good!

It has F/W 4057. Is that what you got? @-KentuckyWindage-

Unsure when I'll have time to do a video though
View Quote

Just checked…. F/W 4056
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 8:51:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Probably a stupid question but is the 640 worth the extra 1k to the casual/occasional user?
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:39:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#16]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Gatorvet:
Probably a stupid question but is the 640 worth the extra 1k to the casual/occasional user?
View Quote

The extra cost is up to you.  I knew going in that I wanted a helmet mount thermal to complement my pvs14 that was similar or better than the breach. I wasn’t seeking long distance identification unit, my farm only has clearings just under 250 yards around my home then solid woods.  The extra resolution would be nice to see more at my max range but this unit gets by fine for my usage.  I couldn’t be happier honestly with this unit and Rayvn bridge.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 12:28:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JestersHK] [#18]
From my experience if you're going to want to hunt with your setup I'd spring for the 640 core.  Especially if you have allot of land to cover.   Target ID capabilities alone allow you to determine if what you first spotted is worth a stalk outside through that muddy field,  or whether to even get out of the vehicle or sxs in the first place...

We're not necessarily lazy hunters,  but we do utilize trucks and sxs's in order to cover our ranch efficiently.  In some of our more open areas and pastures having a 640 core allows me spot and ID faster, and to kill the engine faster and not spook animals at a further distance than our older handheld scanners...

Just my xp here from hunting a large ranch,  if you're just watching over 40 acres im sure the 320 would be more than adequate.

ETA: I do not have one of these newer units I'm using a 640 core iRay MH25 paired with a PVS14 in a Wilcox bridge

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 8:44:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Some more software update news.

The Armasight team are also working on an update for the 320 and will let is know when it is available. As with the 640 update, it is not ready as of right now, but should be soon.

Sidekick 320 models will not need to go back to Armasight for the update. 320 updates will be able to be installed remotely for 320 models.

I don't have any other details to share but will as soon as I can. Please know that there may be delays in comms due to SHOT.  

View Quote

Glad this thread was started. Have had a 640 since mid December with a 14 on the raven Bridge. I have a particular issue that the lines do not fully go away after being NuC'd and my image quality is very lack lister compared to others online videos.

Guess it's going back regardless when this update is finally rolled out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 1:10:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#20]
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 2:02:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rokchukrslave] [#21]
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:
Speaking as a rayvn rail owner using the sidekick and pvs14 together. It's awesome! I can fully rotate both out of sight line.
View Quote

According to the NITEWALKER video, the more IPD you have, the more upswing is available for the thermal.   So you guys with eyes on the sides of your head can probably get full articulation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Rokchukrslave:

According to the NIGHTWALKER video, the more IPD you have, the more upswing is available for the thermal.   So you guys with eyes on the sides of your head can probably get full articulation.
View Quote

yes you can cheat it a little and adjust the pid to get more throw out of it. I like to think i am an average sized person and i have no problem getting them out of eyeline
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:43:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Some thermals including this one may show what can look like faint lines in the image. They can be more obvious with changes to the settings and also with certain palettes even after a NUC but won't affect use.

Now if you have very distinct lines that significantly stand out and especially do not go away when switching palettes then I would get an RMA. **ETA: If you changed the settings then I would restore default first to see if it fixes it**

As for the image you are seeing versus online videos.....

I chose to show the default settings how it looks straight out of the box which I feel is most important because that's how 95% of people are going to use it.

With the default settings, the image I saw with my own two eyes looking through the eyepiece is close to my YT video (the through the eyepiece shots) and my videos on page 1 of this thread which are also through the eyepiece. If yours looks the same or very close to it then that's normal for the unit with the current firmware. The onboard recorded video looks worse than actual.

I made changes to the settings and I'll be perfectly blunt that I wasn't able to drastically change the image. It's possible I just didn't find the right combo.

If you want to play with the settings I would start by changing all of the settings to their half value. So for example, if something is 0-20 change it to 10.

ETA: Please don't take that the wrong way. I am personally satisfied with the performance of the unit respective to it's category and price point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 556hollowtip:

Glad this thread was started. Have had a 640 since mid December with a 14 on the raven Bridge. I have a particular issue that the lines do not fully go away after being NuC'd and my image quality is very lack lister compared to others online videos.

Guess it's going back regardless when this update is finally rolled out.

Some thermals including this one may show what can look like faint lines in the image. They can be more obvious with changes to the settings and also with certain palettes even after a NUC but won't affect use.

Now if you have very distinct lines that significantly stand out and especially do not go away when switching palettes then I would get an RMA. **ETA: If you changed the settings then I would restore default first to see if it fixes it**

As for the image you are seeing versus online videos.....

I chose to show the default settings how it looks straight out of the box which I feel is most important because that's how 95% of people are going to use it.

With the default settings, the image I saw with my own two eyes looking through the eyepiece is close to my YT video (the through the eyepiece shots) and my videos on page 1 of this thread which are also through the eyepiece. If yours looks the same or very close to it then that's normal for the unit with the current firmware. The onboard recorded video looks worse than actual.

I made changes to the settings and I'll be perfectly blunt that I wasn't able to drastically change the image. It's possible I just didn't find the right combo.

If you want to play with the settings I would start by changing all of the settings to their half value. So for example, if something is 0-20 change it to 10.

ETA: Please don't take that the wrong way. I am personally satisfied with the performance of the unit respective to it's category and price point.

No offense taken at all. I have played with the settings. Auto and manual NuC. New battery.

I am not expecting it to perform against 10k Thermals. I understand where it's at price and quality wise. But with that and seeing your video, thermalboi's and others, the quality is noticeably worse consistently. I'll be contacting them on whether to RMA now or hold till the update. Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#26]
While you're at shot Will, any new info on the Jockey 640 would be welcome
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:30:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Received my rma packing slip today. Hope to send it off monday so that when they all come back from SHOT its the first one done! if they're not all out sick from SHOT that is!
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#30]

What has your humidity been? That will affect the image quality. For reference, my videos were between 30-40% and temps ranging from 25F - 70F.
View Quote

Currently temps between 15- 40's between day and night. Humidity is usually around 30's. Right now with snow and rain it's bumped up to 90's. Utah is normally really low. I've understood that with high Humidity it will effect image quality, but even using it when it's been in the 30's it's still bad.

I emailed them and got an an RMA, so we'll see how it shapes out.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:45:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for this info. I got in touch and my 640 is OTW back to armasight for an upgrade via RMA.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 12:19:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hodgi_] [#32]
Received mine back from Armasight yesterday. It was a quick turn around. Booted it up to check function, but wont be able to take it out in the field for a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:47:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 556hollowtip] [#33]
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:
Received mine back from Armasight yesterday. It was a quick turn around. Booted it up to check function, but wont be able to take it out in the field for a couple weeks.
View Quote

Got mine back too.

Communication was very prompt and timely. Image seems a little better. The smoothness is barely better and still seems lagging.

I'm still on the fence with it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:53:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Took mine out this last weekend. Granted I didn't have a ton of time on it before sending it off, but I didn't notice anything really change.

The region settings (Forrest, target, inside, etc) or whatever it's called seems to play a big part in picture clarity, and its definately worth it to take the time and tweak those to optimize the pic.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Got mine back. I notice slight improvement, both in image clarity and detection. I keep mine set in detect mode which is fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:16:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
While you're at shot Will, any new info on the Jockey 640 would be welcome
View Quote

I'm definitely intrigued by the Jockey 320/640. Limited info on it. Hope the 320s start shipping and we can get some reviews.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:27:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Balloo] [#38]
Heads up for Sidekick owners. This is regarding info posted elsewhere that I want to address here.

1. Software Update for Sidekicks
I have confirmed with Armasight that they have a software update that is awaiting final testing that will resolve the latency issues. This update requires the Sidekick to be sent back to Armasight.

You will have to contact Armasight Customer Support directly. Use the contact form https://armasight.com/contact/ call 888-504-ARMA or email [email protected]

2. Rechargeable 16650 batteries

I have personally used Orbtronics 2500mAh batteries. The battery is a tight fit. What I did was unscrew the battery extender, insert battery, and then reinstall the extender over the battery.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

@chosos I think I can post this link since it's not ours and support related? Let me know if I need to remove it.

View Quote

@TNVC_Will  16650 or 18650 batteries?  Nevermind, found info online.  How much run time you getting with the 16650?

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top