Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

LMFAO - Good eye, on a Saturday! Was waiting for someone to catch that which I inadvertently typed that way. Have so many builds going on I was mixed up w the DBAL-A3. That's the one I'd like to do all three. I love Hotbuttons so may as well just leave WL there.

Tell me. Would you use the TAPS DBAL switches this Axon?
Thanks again Will.
View Quote
Uh... are you trying to use the KIJI with a class 1 DBAL-A3 or something?

If so, sure, if you're fine with giving up the vis override, and instead use the "vis override" Crane plug from the Unity for the KIJI, just use a Crane plug port for the KIJI, Z-Bolt makes one that screws onto Scout light bodies. Caveat being that this is all theorycrafted, I've never fucked with such a set-up, but on paper it seems to work exactly as intended, if you're trying to slave the KIJI to the DBAL-A3.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:
The DBAL models (TAPS & Axon) have 3 leads but connectors are 2 crane and 1 Surefire. This is to use the A3’s vis override function. So depends on if you want to use vis override.
You’ll need a single lead switch with an SF connector which ever direction you go (DBAL model or standard SYNC) since you have two lights.
If you want to run all switches and no clicky cap then I’d do Axon and a single lead button.
View Quote

Many thanks guys. Appreciate your input. Once the Junction Box, Axon and the URGI arrive and I have all pieces laid out in front of me I'll be able to visualize things better. No doubt I'll return to these comments to use as building blocks!

Thanks again....
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
got mine today - three months lead but I expected it as that was what TNVC informed me. I am having a problem locating the instruction manual... Will?
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 3:35:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: heron163] [#6]

Thank you!

at 100 pages, I understand why they don't include it in the box...

I was a bit concerned I was missing something with removing the stock switch to replace with the double lead. It arrived with a stripped body head but I figured it out...

going to head out tonight for larping...
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 8:46:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: heron163] [#8]
Yes - it is not really necessary to use the Raid. The only thing I changed was the brightness setting at the rear. Using the default settings are all I need for buttons.

ETA - the red laser is kind of 'meh" compared to the green laser on the MAWL but I only used it for sighting in... The IR functions are impressive and operate perfectly. Easily visible under NODs at 100 and beyond. No signs of parasitic drain...
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 2:20:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: heron163] [#10]
I use the optional dual lead. On a 13" rail, there is a lot of cable to manage...

ETA: garage floor is dirty after clean up lol

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Have any vendors actually been getting these in stock? Looking to get another one but use crane switches as I am not a big fan of how much space the Wilcox switch needs.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RazorTXN:
Have any vendors actually been getting these in stock? Looking to get another one but use crane switches as I am not a big fan of how much space the Wilcox switch needs.
View Quote

I ordered mine months ago, but Wilcox be Wilcox'n. Thing is, I ordered it while waiting on the gun it's going in, so Im not stressed. These need to be treated like NFA items. Buy and forget.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:10:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnDough] [#14]
Originally Posted By BigxCat:
Anyone else have an issue with battery drain? Found my Raid Xe was dead when I went to see if the vis laser was zeroed past weekend and found it was dead, got home, put new cr123 in and verified it worked just fine. Went to put rifle back up, made sure the dial was set to off however it still had a battery indicator on the screen though. So I twisted battery cap off, then nothing was on screen, put battery cap back on and put it in safe. Today I went to grab something from safe and decided to check it and to my surprise it's dead now despite still being set to off position. Not sure what's going on, could possibly be remote switch getting pressed down in crowded safe but I figure "off" would mean off.
View Quote

Over 24 hours my Raid Xe has taken the battery from 3.26v to 3.19v. The battery has gone from 100% to 95% capacity per my meter. I am testing again tomorrow, at the 48 hour mark, to see if this is linear or not. If it continues to lose 5% every 24 hours, Ill add it to the RMA form. Mine is currently going back to Wilcox for competing dots in the IR laser (it sends out 2 dots. One being expected, one a few feet away, which is much dimmer but still bright enough to note on dual high, though the illumination, at 100 yards+.). I will continue to provide data on the battery drain through 72 hours.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 12:36:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dan1477] [#15]
to any bros with raid xe's, can you ask HRF concepts about their RAID-XE SOC ?

https://hrfconcepts.com/collections/new-products-1/products/soc?variant=42686101815485

It allows you to top-center mount the Raid XE pressure pad, without the lame 45 degree mount from wilcox. ive been desperately waiting for them to be produced. im worried theres not enough customers and they'll cancel it. maybe just a gentle poke about ETA's IF (and only if) you're interested.

picture is NGAL but you get the idea. Would be for wilcox Ergocto 3-button.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:31:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#16]
Originally Posted By dan1477:
to any bros with raid xe's, can you ask HRF concepts about their RAID-XE SOC ?

https://hrfconcepts.com/collections/new-products-1/products/soc?variant=42686101815485

It allows you to top-center mount the Raid XE pressure pad, without the lame 45 degree mount from wilcox. ive been desperately waiting for them to be produced. im worried theres not enough customers and they'll drop it. maybe just a gentle poke about ETA's IF (and only if) you're interested.

url]https://hrfconcepts.com/cdn/shop/products/DSC00200copy_600x.png[/url]
picture is NGAL but you get the idea. Would be for wilcox Ergocto 3-button.
View Quote

I love HRFs gear and I'll ask about those. Got the junction Crane one now that I still need to T&E.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 7:21:48 AM EDT
[#18]

Make sure it's for the 3 button switch design
View Quote

Which Will? The Crane box is - unless you meant the HRF?
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Next I'd like Wilcox to make a shortboi cord.
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#21]
HRF is a God send isn't he? Guy is great, been following him on Instagram for many moons now and he's always been super responsive to enquiries there.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:05:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dan1477] [#22]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
HRF is a God send isn't he? Guy is great, been following him on Instagram for many moons now and he's always been super responsive to enquiries there.
View Quote

Yeah i really like HRF they make lots of cool little things to solve problems.

the Wilcox 3 button switch is great.  It's fully programmable and you can swap between long range IR, short range IR, and whitelight modes (with the surefire version of pressure pad) with just the buttons. Very fast and very under-rated!

Notice, in that picture, there is no method for mounting this very cool switch to picatinny. For that you have to use the bulky and awkward 45 degree mount which is a big piece of aluminium.

It's mind boggling to me that Wilcox doesnt have a way to flush mount this. Rather than supporting their product with more options, instead they made the Gen 2 Raid-XE which takes a Crane plug. Seems like such a backwards way to solve the problem, plus you lose all the programmable features!
hopefully HRF solves this!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Can you just velcro it to the rail or is it too wide to fit between the picatinny sections?
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ThatGuy01:
Can you just velcro it to the rail or is it too wide to fit between the picatinny sections?
View Quote

I mean, the tape switch comes with adhesive hook and loop. You could just as easily just stick it at the 1200, maybe some zip ties if you really wanna lock it in place.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 12:29:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnDough] [#25]
So...I have a Unity Axon Sync and a crane plug adapter. The flat button says "laser, momentary" and the angled one is "both". When I click it on, will the laser stay on, or do I need to double click for that, or...?
*obv in reference to Raid Xe.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:06:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JohnDough:
So...I have a Unity Axon Sync and a crane plug adapter. The flat button says "laser, momentary" and the angled one is "both". When I click it on, will the laser stay on, or do I need to double click for that, or...?
View Quote

why would you use an axon sync with a raid xe? thats for combo IR setups. you have a dedicated LAM.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By dan1477:

why would you use an axon sync with a raid xe? thats for combo IR setups. you have a dedicated LAM.
View Quote

To tie viz to white light.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:32:07 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Clicky button is constant on and click again to turn off.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:16:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Good news for any of ya'll waiting for the Wilcox Dual Lead switch with Surefire connector. We have an ETA of May/June for our orders to start coming in.

Any backorders will be filled as soon as we get them and anything remaining will go up on the website.

This is regarding Wilcox P/N 65336G31 for use with RAID Xe Gen 2 models with the Junction Box with the following Part Numbers:

65300G12-B / 65300G12-C
65300G14-B / 65300G14-C
65300G18-B / 65300G18-C
View Quote
How reliable is this ETA? I was originally told to expect 6 to 8 weeks on my order, but if this ETA is correct, it would be closer to 24 weeks. Not hating, I get that things get pushed all the time, just genuinely curious as to how much faith I should have in it being a realistic timetable.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I've got a few questions.

I just switched to a Silencero Velos silencer on my 11.5 inch Sig Spear.  That gun is getting pretty damn heavy with a MAWL on it.

I was thinking of changing things up.  I was considering mimicking my 10.3 Geissele upper with an SC Irregulars OMM T2 setup.  I've got a PEQ15 on that upper and I REALLY love the balance of that gun.  I'd like to rear mount the RAID XE.

1.  How long is the Ergocto pressure pad lead?  I would need a 10 inch cord to make this work the way I want it to.  Potentially 11-12 inches of cord.  With the crane junction box I can use a standard Insight pressure pad or an AXON switch but I give up the utility of the ergocto pad.  I'm spoiled by the A and B buttons on my Mawl's.

2.  How are we liking these things?  I've watched a few Youtube videos and the performance seems on par or better than the MAWL's illuminator.

3.  For those of you with the full power units.  Anyone done any comparisons to the civilian powered ones?  I'm assuming illuminator performance is going to be extremely similar.  The videos show a slight edge to the full power units but the videos don't really show any detail, just blobs of IR light.

4.  Are these things actually being issued to any SWAT teams/.mil units?  I break everything, literally, everything.  If anyone has any insight into durability beyond what the instagram idiots are doing, posing with these things i'd love to know.  I probably wont get any feedback on this but I figured i'd ask anyway.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:01:08 AM EDT
[#33]
I only got my civ RAID Xe recently, so I haven’t seriously put it through its paces.  I can help with a couple of these though:
Originally Posted By Magsz18:
1.  How long is the Ergocto pressure pad lead?  I would need a 10 inch cord to make this work the way I want it to.  Potentially 11-12 inches of cord.  With the crane junction box I can use a standard Insight pressure pad or an AXON switch but I give up the utility of the ergocto pad.  I'm spoiled by the A and B buttons on my Mawl's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The stock pressure pad lead isn’t going to be anywhere near long enough for this.  I don’t have it handy to measure, but eyeballing it from memory I’d say it’s 5-6 inches.

2.  How are we liking these things?  I've watched a few Youtube videos and the performance seems on par or better than the MAWL's illuminator.

I’ve only played around with it a bit.  Based on that, with the RAID’s illuminator on high and the divergence adjusted to match the MAWL’s LR A-button setting, the illuminators are about the same.  When you dial down the divergence on the RAID, it gets considerably brighter than the MAWL, albeit covering a smaller area.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#35]
The 3 button switch that comes with the RAID Xe is a 12" cable. This switch can also be ordered separately and there is also a dual lead version to run a Surefire Scout tail cap.

FYI - the 20" cable version is not available for the Gen 2 RAID Xe. They do have a 20" version for the Gen 1.
View Quote

Good info.

12 inches will be plenty.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:34:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#36]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Random question and I’ve emailed Wilcox twice with no response…

Does anyone know if the Raid XE is good to go on a SCAR 17 and 20?

I have a tan 2023 model and I don’t want to run it on my SCAR until I get some kind of answer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 9:48:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#39]

It was only tested with 5.56 (that was the requirement) but I checked with them this AM and they are gearing up for additional testing for different profiles very soon.

I'm confident it'll be good to go.
View Quote

That’s what I figured as well, it seems built like a tank.

Thanks Will!
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 12:24:40 PM EDT
[#40]

It was only tested with 5.56 (that was the requirement) but I checked with them this AM and they are gearing up for additional testing for different profiles very soon.

I'm confident it'll be good to go.
View Quote
Any confirmation or documentation out there whether the NGAL is scar rated or not?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 2:07:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#41]
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:05:59 AM EDT
[#42]

The NGAL is SCAR heavy certified and it was the winner of the selection trials for SOCOM with their two programs, MAL (Miniature Aiming Laser) and SAL (Small Aiming Laser).

ETA: I mention the SOCOM trials because that was one of the requirements.
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I picked up an FDE FP Raid XE this past week.

I've got it mounted up and so far, it seems like a really well made unit.  The fire button's location is oddly placed but also oddly useful.  I don't like that my thumb knuckle will probably interact with the divergence wheel but i'll have to report back on that once i've got some live fire on the unit.

The rubber cover is really annoying.  I haven't switched to the hard plastic cover but I may do that as fiddling with the rubber cover, trying to get it seated is really, really annoying.

The illuminator is on par or better, slightly, than my Mawl's.  Both of my Mawl's are C1+'s and the agency's DA's are older units that are pre EC2.  I believe that the DA on triple click will be more powerful than the Raid.  Still, the illuminator definitely seems powerful enough.  The Raid kicks the snot out of my FP PEQ15's.  I have no experience with the LA5 so I can't compare the units.

Being able to tune brightness to your desired levels is pretty neat.  Does anyone really "need" that?  Meh, probably not but if you give up nothing to have it, i'm all for it.

I've got some live fire training planned for tomorrow evening.  I'll report back and try to get some sionyx footage as well as some pics.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:48:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Defaultmp3] [#44]
The rubber cover is really annoying.  I haven't switched to the hard plastic cover but I may do that as fiddling with the rubber cover, trying to get it seated is really, really annoying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I installed the hard plastic cover, and found that it would droop during vigorous activity (e.g., after a sprint); couple of times I'd hit the fire button and have nothing but the pointer come out, the illum being covered by the plastic cover creeping close. I've switched back to the rubber cover. Shame, I liked how durable the plastic cover was when shut.

Being able to tune brightness to your desired levels is pretty neat.  Does anyone really "need" that?  Meh, probably not but if you give up nothing to have it, i'm all for it.
I use it to tamp down the bloom on the pointer when using it in full power dual output mode.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:42:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnDough] [#45]
Originally Posted By Defaultmp3:
I installed the hard plastic cover, and found that it would droop during vigorous activity (e.g., after a sprint); couple of times I'd hit the fire button and have nothing but the pointer come out, the illum being covered by the plastic cover creeping close. I've switched back to the rubber cover. Shame, I liked how durable the plastic cover was when shut.

I use it to tamp down the bloom on the pointer when using it in full power dual output mode.
View Quote

Does the card plastic cover "fill" the emitter window area like the rubber cover does with its "press in" type insert/raised area, or is there a gap where dust and muck can get in?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#46]

Does the card plastic cover "fill" the emitter window area like the rubber cover does with its "press in" type insert/raised area, or is there a gap where dust and muck can get in?
View Quote
It does not have any kind of infill or anything to seal off the emitter area. That being said, the tolerances are fairly tight between the cover and the body when closed, so it should do a good job of keeping out dust and muck in general.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:[/b

I[b] like the Wilcox 3-button switch to have 3 modes on the fly ready to use vs only having one mode. With that said it's not a big deal to just use the button and is easier to use for most people who are used to that method.

I attached the Wilcox rail mount adapter at 9 o'clock so it was just under/beside the RAID.

IMHO the rubber one is easier to use. The hard cover would be better suited to a gun that may not see regular IR use and will stay closed mostly to protect the emitter/keep out debris.
View Quote

Will......

Just got my G Lower back from cerakote. The URGI color was so off their own lower that I had to do it. Only $100 with complete disassembly and reassemble.

I bolded your comment above because I'm going to try and mount this stock Wilcox switch as you described. Even had two sets of that kit for doing it for some reason. I'll have to go back and figure out the manual for operating those buttons.

Honestly, it's daunting trying to figure this thing out. Anyone w cheat sheets or operational tips in layman's terms is welcome to chime in. Yes. I'm going full on dedicated NV setup w real Hydra. Controversial subject I know but it seriously balanced weight out on my last one that surprised me! We'll see right?

Before.....

Attachment Attached File

After....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Mount your gun as many times as necessary to find the rail slot position where your support thumb likes to lay.

Use the Wilcox picatinny offset mount for the 3-button switch and mount it in that slot position. Attach the switch and give it a whirl.
View Quote

Damn. Always considered those who respond to inquiries so fast of men of great character. Thanks Will.

How do you suggest they mount. Number 1 switch 1st (forward) or rearward?

I believe I have what can mount this switch, I think.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:21:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top