Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 10:43:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mashir] [#2]
Can anyone give a rough estimate of how often civilian Raid Xes are hitting the market? Looks to be sold out everywhere currently (not surprised) but I’m starting the hunt. Aside from putting in emails for in stock notifications, anyone have intel on where to look?
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone else have an issue with battery drain? Found my Raid Xe was dead when I went to see if the vis laser was zeroed past weekend and found it was dead, got home, put new cr123 in and verified it worked just fine. Went to put rifle back up, made sure the dial was set to off however it still had a battery indicator on the screen though. So I twisted battery cap off, then nothing was on screen, put battery cap back on and put it in safe. Today I went to grab something from safe and decided to check it and to my surprise it's dead now despite still being set to off position. Not sure what's going on, could possibly be remote switch getting pressed down in crowded safe but I figure "off" would mean off.
Link Posted: 7/2/2023 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Two local owners reported parasitic drain.
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
the question has been asked repeatedly but will the civ version be available with a green laser?
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/17/2023 4:28:05 PM EDT
[#8]
That seems like an interesting business decision. Was the demand for green lasers not there on the civilian side?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/21/2023 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Back in the day I had heard that Green Lasers did not operate as reliable across the same temperature ranges as Red Lasers, is that no longer a thing?

Link Posted: 7/21/2023 5:19:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Defaultmp3] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Back in the day I had heard that Green Lasers did not operate as reliable across the same temperature ranges as Red Lasers, is that no longer a thing?

View Quote
It hasn't been a thing for a fair bit of time now. The old green lasers were 532nm that were generated by frequency doubling 1064nm lasers (OMG, SWIR), which meant it had much worse battery life and temperature sensitivity. Most quality green lasers for MFALs these days are direct green diodes, so they're usually slightly smaller wavelengths, 515nm to 520nm is what they're usually advertised at, and have the similar performance characteristics as their red counterparts.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Is the RaidXe civilian version...

-scar17 compatible?
-able to active thr LED room illumination mode with on board button only?
Link Posted: 8/10/2023 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JohnDough:
Is the RaidXe civilian version...

-scar17 compatible?
-able to active thr LED room illumination mode with on board button only?
View Quote

Compatible? Yes. Will it survive the recoil? Probably. I can't imagine Wilcox wouldn't take it back on warranty if it couldn't take the recoil.

You can only set the on-board fire button to match the dial setting AFAIK. Mode overrides are possible with the Wilcox pad. Unsure if with the newest version if you can use the Crane junction box and pads to have those tied to a mode override.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 3:55:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RazorTXN] [#14]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:
We now have the Legacy Crane Junction Box listed on the TNVC site for any of ya'll who want to order them.

I can't link here but you can search our site for "WILCOX RAID XE JUNCTION BOX – LEGACY CRANE CONNECTOR" or look under our "Brand" listing inside the Wilcox section.

As stated above it is only compatible with G12/G14/G18 RAID Xe versions.

Anything else related to the RAID Xe that is not currently listed on our site such as the dual switch you can reach out to me to order.
View Quote

How do you know which version of the RAID XE you are buying? Are the models you list for full power or low power? Were there revisions to the low power model to allow for the junction box to come out? I have one of the first low power units that were sold and its a G07.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:10:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#15]
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 10:24:37 AM EDT
[#16]

These models have what's called a junction box which is the part that has the Wilcox proprietary connector for the Wilcox remote switch. This junction box can be removed and replaced with a junction box that uses the legacy crane connector. ETA: There is also a blank connector for those who want to completely ditch it and use fire button only. These junction boxes must be purchased separately. We have them listed as well.

View Quote

I saw a cable/connector compatibility chart that there were some unreleased/upcoming switch P/Ns coming out soon for the junction box scheme. Would you know what these P/Ns are? I would assume they are likely some form of new iteration of the dual switches to couple with flashlights?

65335G31
65335G34
65335G36

I noticed on their IG post about DSEI UK that there was an Xe in the display case sporting a different, more traditional pressure pad but with integrated rail grabber?
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/20/2023 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#18]
How is the availability for the Raid-Xe's progressing? Are they starting to become more available or are they still on par with finding unicorns?

Link Posted: 9/20/2023 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 9:55:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Wilcox should be delivering our RAID Xe orders this fall. We should have all our orders by December.
View Quote

That's good news!  Thanks.  

Maybe in 2024 they'll be on par with the availability of the MAWL?
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#21]

That's good news!  Thanks.  

Maybe in 2024 they'll be on par with the availability of the MAWL?
View Quote

I doubt it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

I doubt it.
View Quote

Mr. Positivity here.  Stop it with them negative waves man.
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 11:19:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: heron163] [#24]
Thanks for posting...

has anyone done a head to head comparison of the civilian Raid vs. the civilian MAWL? Before I make a decision, I need a bit more than promotional material...

the comparison vids on YouTube are not good... I would like to see one done at a range.
Link Posted: 10/14/2023 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By heron163:
Thanks for posting...

has anyone done a head to head comparison of the civilian Raid vs. the civilian MAWL? Before I make a decision, I need a bit more than promotional material...

the comparison vids on YouTube are not good... I would like to see one done at a range.
View Quote

Have you seen this video? MAWL C1+ at 13:46, Raid Xe (Class 1) at 17:06.
Link Posted: 10/15/2023 7:38:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DDS87:

Have you seen this video? MAWL C1+ at 13:46, Raid Xe (Class 1) at 17:06.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CJs5ngkwF0
View Quote

Thanks - I didn't see that one...
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 4:05:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#27]
Well, I suppose with the RAID Xe having that soft center you wouldn't have to worry about the laser being washed out.  I mean just how intense do you need the very center of the IR illumination to be really?

Going strictly off the videos, I think it's still my number one contender right now.  Man, I really do want to see that civilian OGL though and I'm hoping to hear some good news about it at SHOT Show '24.  If anyone goes to the next SHOT Show can they find out if the OGL Class 3 has been approved by the FDA and is at least in its final production ready design form yet?

I've heard that the RAID Xe has some issues with the battery cap getting stuck or being hard as hell to remove, anyone here experiencing that? Are these first production teething issues that are being straightened out?

Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:05:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I've heard that the RAID Xe has some issues with the battery cap getting stuck or being hard as hell to remove, anyone here experiencing that? Are these first production teething issues that are being straightened out?
View Quote

Based off of what I've seen, it appears to have the same battery cap as the RAID-X, which people have also complained about being difficult to remove. I can't say I've ever had issues with my RAID-X. It can be mildly finicky, but it's really just a matter of finesse, at least for my set-up (mounted at the 1200 on a WedgeLock).
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Defaultmp3:

Based off of what I've seen, it appears to have the same battery cap as the RAID-X, which people have also complained about being difficult to remove. I can't say I've ever had issues with my RAID-X. It can be mildly finicky, but it's really just a matter of finesse, at least for my set-up (mounted at the 1200 on a WedgeLock).
View Quote

Thanks Brother for the data point.

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#30]
The Raid Xe does not have the traditional screw/twist to tighten cap. It's more synomous to medicine caps. Once you get it it's pretty easy, but if you didn't know at first and REALLY started cranking on the twisting the first few times. You'd def mess it up a little and make it forever harder to remove.

Class 3 fp devices don't need FDA approval for commercial sale since theoretically they'd never be for sale commercially. With how the OGLs looking. Even if they announced the civ variant at Shot 24, your probably not seeing a real one till 25'. At which point its probably gonna be another $500 process increase and the same price as the Xe.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#31]
My Tan w Green FP unit just arrived and though personal preference runs differently, I had a few questions I wanted to ask those who've been running it for awhile:

Do you prefer the Tape Switch over Fire Button?
How did you attached the Tape Switch to rail?
Did you reprogram Tape Switch Buttons or are the default settings GTG?
Any benefit to switching the lens cover piece to the hard plastic one?

Still seeking best User Manual since it doesn't come with one. Guess I'll keep surfing YouTube for "How To" vids for programming etc.

Thanks..........
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 12:06:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#32]
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 2:30:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#33]

Hey Gunny,

Go to Wilcox's website and in the RAID Xe listing the manual is there for download. If you can't find it, shoot me a PM, and I'll send you the link. I can't post links to things we sell.

I'll answer the rest based on my preferences using it.

I like the Wilcox 3-button switch to have 3 modes on the fly ready to use vs only having one mode. With that said it's not a big deal to just use the button and is easier to use for most people who are used to that method.

I attached the Wilcox rail mount adapter at 9 o'clock so it was just under/beside the RAID.

I didn't find any reason to preprogram but YMMV

IMHO the rubber one is easier to use. The hard cover would be better suited to a gun that may not see regular IR use and will stay closed mostly to protect the emitter/keep out debris.
View Quote

Great to hear from ya Will, and thanks!  I did download it from their site but it doesn't view well on a cell phone - maybe I'll sit down with it and a laptop.  

All good points and if YOU say those are the best options, that's like hitting the lotto!

Now have FP DBAL-A3, MAWL C1 and this RAID. May need to swap em around a little after I hopefully figure this little sucker out. It's alot smaller than I thought it would be too!
(With the announcement the FBI just put out, I better get spun up on this sucker, zero it and fortify my positions!)

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 5:26:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#34]
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I discoverd yesterday that Wilcox has put out some informational and marketing videos ont he RAID-Xe's.   Hopefully, that a good sign that their production numbers are increasing and not just that their marketing is ramping up.  

Knowing Wilcox it's probably never going to happen, but it would be nice if they could get the cost down to around $3K flat.  

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:24:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Mess with it and see what you like. If you're not a fan of the 3-button and prefer something else like a TAPS or AXON then if you have a new unit you can get the legacy crane connector junction box.

View Quote

Can you program the function of the pressure switch when using the legacy crane junction box, e.g. making it vis laser override or dedicated short range IR mode?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:48:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#38]

Negative. There is no programming function when using the legacy crane junction box. The switch will fire whatever mode the selector lever is set to same as traditional lasers.
View Quote

Even if you force the programming menu to fire the same (different) override mode for the 3 buttons on the Wilcox pad before changing it over to the crane junction box?

Seems like a major oversight on Wilcox's part; I would think they could detect and tie the signal from the junction box pins no matter the config.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#40]
THE WILCOX RAID Xe | DEEP DIVE
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:12:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Defaultmp3] [#41]
Originally Posted By JohnDough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyjv_qVmgMI
View Quote

God-fucking-dammit. That video shows me that my pre-planning by buying a fucking dual lead (68401G03) last year was a waste of money. I knew they had switched to a junction box setup to allow swapping out to the Crane connector if needed, but didn't realize that the tapes attached directly to the unit, rather than having a junction box with the Fischer connector, and that there would not be a Fischer junction box. Now I need to find the correct tape (65335G31), which appears to be OOS everywhere. This will be very annoying, to have the unit on hand, but without the tape I want in order to run it the way I want. Snagged a Crane junction box for now.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 9:36:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#43]
Update as of this exact moment.
Have no friggin clue what I have or doing but dig John Doughs Vid
SFMF
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 1:21:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:
Update as of this exact moment.
Have no friggin clue what I have or doing but dig John Doughs Vid
SFMF
View Quote

To clarify, it is from Wilcox (I figure you know, but have a YT channel myself, and don't ever want to come across as passing something that isn't of me, off as mine.)
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#45]

Yeah, that sucks. You can probably sell it considering there are some gen 1 RAID Xe out there who may want it.

Advertise it as being compatible with 65300G07, 65300G10, 65300G11
View Quote

Didn’t realize how pricey these were for my 07
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#46]
FYI, the Crane junction box has a limited form of programmability, it corresponds to whatever you program button 2 for in the menu.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:56:21 AM EDT
[#47]
We now have the Legacy Crane Junction Box listed on the TNVC site for any of ya'll who want to order them.
I can't link here but you can search our site for "WILCOX RAID XE JUNCTION BOX – LEGACY CRANE CONNECTOR" or look under our "Brand" listing inside the Wilcox section.
As stated above it is only compatible with G12/G14/G18 RAID Xe versions.
Anything else related to the RAID Xe that is not currently listed on our site such as the dual switch you can reach out to me to order.
View Quote

Alright Will....Circling back for clarity....

If I'd like to use one of the Unity Axon switches you spoke to me earlier about with the RAID, an Arisaka WML (or Modlite) AND a Kiji - would one of the Axon switches work if I got that Crane Junction Box? How else could I run all three of those on a 14.5" URGI?

Still fiddling around w this Tan FP w Green Unit trying to figure it out. Did they seriously discontinue this Unit? Why? Ahh, we'll never figure out Wilcox or their strategies. The Obverse Shoe kit would sell like crazy if they just pushed them out! SMH.

Anyone else that accomplished something similar is more than welcome to chime in and help out an old Jarhead who just spent 2 days in hospital w pancreatitis. Seems all the Buffalo Trace & Blantons caught up w me!  

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:56:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#48]
Sorry. Friggin duplicates.....
Pic for effect. He's a damn nurse magnet!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:10:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#49]
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:25:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#50]
The junction box is only for the Xe (and the gen 2 Xe as explained in earlier replies in this thread).
AFAIK no solution for what you’re wanting to do but why are wanting to do that? You want a KIJI to go with your FP RAID?
View Quote

LMFAO - Good eye, on a Saturday! Was waiting for someone to catch that which I inadvertently typed that way. Have so many builds going on I was mixed up w the DBAL-A3. That's the one I'd like to do all three. I love Hotbuttons so may as well just leave WL there.

Tell me. Would you use the TAPS DBAL switches this Axon?
Thanks again Will.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top