Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:00:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunsandgear] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yeet-Cannon:

Furthermore- my job entails using NV and IR lasers when it's dark. So I'm just speaking my opinions with experience that formed said opinions.
View Quote

@yeet-cannon

So your job requires the use of "NV and IR lasers" but you spent $10k+ on what appear to be privately purchased civilian lasers (between the MAWL & Xe's), instead of buying full power units? That, combined with the fact that all of your devices/gear look brand new and unused in the pics is a bit odd.

I would be really interested to hear what this job is but I'm assuming it's *redacted* in light of everything I've read.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By gunsandgear:

@yeet-cannon

So your job requires the use of "NV and IR lasers" but you spent $10k+ on what appear to be privately purchased civilian lasers (between the MAWL & Xe's), instead of buying full power units? That, combined with the fact that all of your devices/gear look brand new and unused in the pics is a bit odd.

I would be really interested to hear what this job is but I'm assuming it's *redacted* in light of everything I've read.
View Quote

GQ-14 classified.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:19:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunsandgear] [#3]

GQ-14 classified.
View Quote

Dang, G-14 classified and the job also requires that you have zero wear, carbon or other signs of use on your devices as well?! Now that's a tough gig
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 7:47:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#4]
Originally Posted By gunsandgear:

Dang, G-14 classified and the job also requires that you have zero wear, carbon or other signs of use on your devices as well?! Now that's a tough gig
View Quote

You paying your federal taxes is so my agency can buy us nice toys that we get paid to shoot and beat up. With free ammo too!

So why abuse my personal stuff when I can abuse what you helped buy? It's not like we are authorized to use POWs on duty.

However- myself and your country, thanks you for paying your taxes.

You also sound salty and jealous that I got nice stuff. Enough that you commented on something from way over a month ago, and the conversation had shifted well-past that.

Envy is a terrible thing.

I'm not gonna derail the thread anymore, but if you got an issue, that sounds like a "you" problem for the reasons mentioned above, and the fact conversation had shifted well-past that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#5]

You paying your federal taxes is so my agency can buy us nice toys that we get paid to shoot and beat up. With free ammo too!

So why abuse my personal stuff when I can abuse what you helped buy? It's not like we are authorized to use POWs on duty.

However- myself and your country, thanks you for paying your taxes.

You also sound salty and jealous that I got nice stuff. Enough that you commented on something from way over a month ago, and the conversation had shifted well-past that.

Envy is a terrible thing.

I'm not gonna derail the thread anymore, but if you got an issue, that sounds like a "you" problem for the reasons mentioned above, and the fact conversation had shifted well-past that.
View Quote

Yes, I am clearly a bad/envious person for reading this thread on a topic I am interested in, from the beginning, in order to catch up. That is undisputed and thank you for highlighting that.

I own numerous devices, including the Xe and MAWL, and I actually use them on a regular basis. I was curious to hear input from other experienced users on ARFcom but it appears there isn't much out there yet. Makes sense, the Xe's are extremely new. I was even more curious to hear others thoughts on the performance of the MAWL vs. Raid Xe as I am currently evaluating them against each other myself.

And then midway though page 2 you post a weird flex that more or less backfires because it clearly illustrates that you don't use the gear you are claiming to have experience with. And conveniently the gear you do use, which is at "work," is unavailable for pictures. I've seen this story once or twice on the internet... Just wanted to give any novices reading this thread (to LEARN) a chance of cutting the fat.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Did this just get weird?......because it feels like it just got weird
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Fitzghan:
Did this just get weird?......because it feels like it just got weird
View Quote

Yeaaaaa, I'm just wanting to know if I can use a Surefire LiFePO battery and not melt the damn thing.  More pics probably wouldn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:47:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Following up on my white light change with the raid. Smaller body Reptilia and modbutton.

Link Posted: 1/23/2023 10:51:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By tcmass:
Following up on my white light change with the raid. Smaller body Reptilia and modbutton.

https://i.ibb.co/W6SZ0DC/387-E0-EA9-71-FC-40-E2-8972-BAB81-AE6-EAA3.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/287X4FZ/BBD6-F75-F-8-B0-F-4328-8042-5694578-DAFF2.jpg
View Quote

I had a URGI and used the ST07 switch with the Magpul MLOK mount at that location.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Received an email back from Wilcox:

Good morning xxx,
 DO NOT USE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES for the Wilcox RAID Xe.  The only battery that should be used with the unit is CR123- preferably SureFire.

I might poke a bit further about the Surefire rechargeables that are supposedly a direct(semi) replacement.
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 12:42:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By tcmass:

https://i.ibb.co/W6SZ0DC/387-E0-EA9-71-FC-40-E2-8972-BAB81-AE6-EAA3.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/287X4FZ/BBD6-F75-F-8-B0-F-4328-8042-5694578-DAFF2.jpg
View Quote

Wow, that is beautiful.

I would really like to see a match-up of the VCSEL illuminators MFALs like the USNV DIRV, MAWL, RAID-Xe, and EOTech OGL when the OGL finally comes out.

Link Posted: 1/24/2023 1:08:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Could anyone with a RAID XE give me an idea of the size of the tape switch relative to an ST07? (or dimensions)

The one thing that has me hung up on buying one is how to mount the switch in-line with some m-lok slots, hoping a modified ST07 retainer would do the job.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By WindstormSCR:
Could anyone with a RAID XE give me an idea of the size of the tape switch relative to an ST07? (or dimensions)

The one thing that has me hung up on buying one is how to mount the switch in-line with some m-lok slots, hoping a modified ST07 retainer would do the job.
View Quote

There isn’t a great solution. It’s why I’m thinking of getting rid of my FP XE.
Link Posted: 2/13/2023 5:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#14]
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Elon Musk said in an interview that the production of an item is usually more difficult than the actual design process.  Seems to hold true in the case of of the RAID-Xe.

If you look at things like Semiconductors it's extremely a manufacturing issue more than anything that is slowing the return to domestic manufacturing here in the USA (estimates that it will take five to eight years just to get domestic production up and going).  

I take it that Wilcox probably isn't producing RAID-Xes 24/7/365 either, do they have to reconfigure their production line to switch over to doing the RAID and then do runs of them?  Sounds odd that they're like "spurting" out a few here and there, seems like you'd expect to see them come out in larger batches and less sporadically.  

At any rate, the older I get the more interested in the manufacturing of an item I become than the actual item itself. QC and rates of production are as important as the item itself.
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#16]

3600 bucks and they CAN'T offer an M'lok solution?

They offer up a proprietary switch and leave you wanting...awesome.

I'm sure the aftermarket will step in but man...lol.

Yes, zip ties, velcro and tape sure do work but again, for 3600 dollars I expect a more elegant solution.  Maybe i'm spoiled...
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 3:44:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tcmass] [#17]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

3600 bucks and they CAN'T offer an M'lok solution?

They offer up a proprietary switch and leave you wanting...awesome.

I'm sure the aftermarket will step in but man...lol.

Yes, zip ties, velcro and tape sure do work but again, for 3600 dollars I expect a more elegant solution.  Maybe i'm spoiled...
View Quote

$3300 and a pack of double bubble, final offer

ETA: I tried the switch. I didn’t hate it, definitely annoying, but luckily I can reach fire on the unit no issues and the whole thing is compact.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 1:53:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

As I've mentioned, they are working on their processes to improve throughput, so hopefully we will see a steady increase in the number of available units as that progresses.

Wilcox is not producing them in "spurts," rather as they build batches, they may have some orders that need to be fulfilled in full (e.g., an LE agency order for 22 units) while in many cases dealers will accept partials for inventory. So, if, say, a batch of 30 get built, 22 may get allocated for a rated government order that needs to be shipped complete, and then the remaining eight might get split up between two or three dealers that will accept partials, while a non-rated dealer (rated government orders are legally prioritized for production and fulfillment) with an order for 20 that is not willing to accept partial shipments may have to wait for the next available batch--however, in that time, another rated order could potentially come in that bumps it back again. Hence the "spurts" of availability.

~Augee
View Quote

The wonderful world of federal acquisition contracts.  So, I get that they're meeting government orders first and especially in the case of rated orders, but it sounds like dealers are placing orders with Wilcox so I assume they know that "Dealer X" wants "Y amount" of units.  So, I take it they just can't do large enough production runs at this point to meet their rated order contracts and at the same time push them out to retailers in number.  Seems like every "tactical item" on earth that's worth anything suffers from this issue.

Link Posted: 3/27/2023 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I am small time compared to the users in this thread.

Use a MAWL DA and FP PEQ15 for work and own his and hers MAWL C1+ so that is my standard for comparison.  No dual tubes as I find the cost-benefit analysis isn't in my favor (though a friend did just pass down some heavily used green duals to me at work)

I am going to snag an NGAL sometime in the next 1-3 months.  It seems one of the research limitations I keep seeing mentioned is the inability of cameras to truly capture the contrast between devices.  Are any of you RAID Xe users interested in doing an in-person device comparison at some point? I am in the central TX area and would love to try and carve out time on my calendar for such an endeavor.  I think it would be interesting to post information in collaboration where a few users reach consensus or articulate why opinions differ.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:03:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there some ninja trick to getting the battery cap off when there's no battery inside?  I'm pressing it down, turning counter clock wise (only turns about 1/6th of a turn) and then pulling as hard as I can, and it will not come off.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow, haven't been here for awhile and it's been, uh, interesting.  On production rates and so forth.  They are many reasons why these might be trickling out.  Without any actual info, but after working in Mfg my whole life.  Adding on to what's already been mentioned, some common issues in cutting a new product into the works.  Sometimes there is a gap between what the engineers have done to push the state of the art, and what is easily made on the assembly line.  We had specialized engineers (actually called LE's: Liaison Engineers) at Lockheed whose whole job was to translate the latest wa-hoo prototype into something that us grunts could produce.  And that's an art form.  Then you have two issues.  Whether your tooling to build it is not ready/or configured correctly, or, your parts supply chain is FUBAR.  Again in Aerospace, you have Jig and Fixture Builders who make all the doo-dads, so you can make other doo-dads.  And you have Material Planners who map out every single part, supply, or equipment required for you to do your job, months if not years in advance.

So the leap from prototype to production item requires a complete cast of characters, and if one stumbles, the whole project stalls out.  So in the best arfcom tradition, with absolutely no info, but based on current events and so forth, I'd say supply chain issues would be highly suspect.  Then I would question whether the full weight of the company was actually behind this project, or was it just a test market approach, as in show it off at the trade show, and see what kind of interest develops.  Or just plain bad luck.  Or any combination of the above.  

I always loved working with the LE's on new stuff because you learned a shit-load of theory from these guys, in return for your hands-on perspective.  Which made you both better at your job.  

Anyways, just a footnote there, since somebody mentioned Mfg process.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#23]
@KaerMorhenResident
@TCmass
@diz
@gunsandgear
@yeet-cannon

Heard some interesting rumors from someone in a position to know such things. Both were about Wilcox.

The first is that there have been some QC/durability issues with the RAIDXe, necessitating returns from some customers.  I believe it was something to do with the illuminator if I recall.  Has anyone on this thread experienced such a thing with their units?

The second is that there has been at least a partial exodus of employees from Wilcox.  Unknown how many left/what percentage of their workforce.  Has anyone heard anything similar?

Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Texsylvanian:
@KaerMorhenResident
@TCmass
@diz
@gunsandgear
@yeet-cannon

Heard some interesting rumors from someone in a position to know such things. Both were about Wilcox.

The first is that there have been some QC/durability issues with the RAIDXe, necessitating returns from some customers.  I believe it was something to do with the illuminator if I recall.  Has anyone on this thread experienced such a thing with their units?

The second is that there has been at least a partial exodus of employees from Wilcox.  Unknown how many left/what percentage of their workforce.  Has anyone heard anything similar?

View Quote

They probably fired all the people that asked them to put a standard type plug on their lasers so they don't have to run second rate proprietary tape switches that cost as much as a Glock
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#26]
@KaerMorhenResident
@TCmass
@diz
@gunsandgear
@yeet-cannon

View Quote

First I've heard those rumors. It is interesting though that HRF Concepts on Instagram posted a faulty EOTech OGL MIL laser that he had to send back, apparently VCSEL isn't as easy to manufacture as maybe some thought.

As tempting as it is to buy new products based on specs alone it really doesn't pay to be the Beta Tester of these types of things.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#27]
@KaerMorhenResident
@TCmass
@diz
@gunsandgear
@yeet-cannon

View Quote

Any specifics on what was wrong with the illuminator? I have one for a couple months now and it seems to be good, no issues.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:31:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Texsylvanian] [#28]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

First I've heard those rumors. It is interesting though that HRF Concepts on Instagram posted a faulty EOTech OGL MIL laser that he had to send back, apparently VCSEL isn't as easy to manufacture as maybe some thought.

As tempting as it is to buy new products based on specs alone it really doesn't pay to be the Beta Tester of these types of things.
View Quote

@KaerMorhenResident
Agreed.  That is why I went the route of an NGAL.  ETA: that and weight.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mbz451] [#29]

Img
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mbz451:

Any specifics on what was wrong with the illuminator? I have one for a couple months now and it seems to be good, no issues.
View Quote

@mbz451

I am paraphrasing here, so take it with a grain of salt.  I think he  said that a part was coming loose within the illuminator leading to, at best, fractured illumination or, in worse cases, unusual illumination.  Like I said though, that is paraphrasing.  I do trust this person and I know for a fact that he is in a position to know these things, but because it is second hand info in the internet don’t take it to the bank.  I should say that I think the defective returns were almost immediate, so if you’ve had yours for a bit and you’ve been using it/shooting with it, I would speculate that yours is probably good to go.  I might still get one…
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#31]
https://imgur.com/a/XD6qF30

Img
View Quote

@mbz451

That thing is definitely winning in the looks department.  And in a lot of other departments…
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:40:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mbz451] [#32]

@mbz451

I am paraphrasing here, so take it with a grain of salt.  I think he  said that a part was coming loose within the illuminator leading to, at best, fractured illumination or, in worse cases, unusual illumination.  Like I said though, that is paraphrasing.  I do trust this person and I know for a fact that he is in a position to know these things, but because it is second hand info in the internet don’t take it to the bank.  I should say that I think the defective returns were almost immediate, so if you’ve had yours for a bit and you’ve been using it/shooting with it, I would speculate that yours is probably good to go.  I might still get one…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@mbz451

Thanks for that insight. This sounds similar to the issues reported with NGAL units having broken/defective illuminator adjusters... Looks like making a good adjustable illuminator is hard.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:52:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Thanks for that insight. This sounds similar to the issues reported with NGAL units having broken/defective illuminator adjusters... Looks like making a good adjustable illuminator is hard.
View Quote

@mbz451
Yeah I just FO’d on an NGAL so fingers crossed new units don’t have that issue.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#34]

@mbz451
Yeah I just FO’d on an NGAL so fingers crossed new units don’t have that issue.
View Quote

Nice! Yeah I think that was on early units, haven't heard about any issues with ngals lately, so you're probably good to go.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#35]
This is technically preliminary:

I'm having an issue with my raid xe.  I cannot get the battery cap off.  Spoke with my dealer and I'm doing everything correctly--I even made him a video.

Going to call Wilcox on Monday but I don't think I'm too stupid to understand how to remove a battery cap.  Have a feeling it's a qc issue.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By i_tell_you_what:
This is technically preliminary:

I'm having an issue with my raid xe.  I cannot get the battery cap off.  Spoke with my dealer and I'm doing everything correctly--I even made him a video.

Going to call Wilcox on Monday but I don't think I'm too stupid to understand how to remove a battery cap.  Have a feeling it's a qc issue.
View Quote

I'm able to take the battery cap off with a quarter turn, it took me a bit to figure it out but it should come off fairly easily.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 12:18:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: i_tell_you_what] [#37]

I'm able to take the battery cap off with a quarter turn, it took me a bit to figure it out but it should come off fairly easily.
View Quote
Mine does not turn the quarter turn.  I get maybe 1/6th of a turn.  It's going back to wilcox this week.

edit: got it back and the cap appears to work normally now

edit 2: don't want to bump the thread for this, but I spoke with wilcox today and they don't sell the raid xe paired with the dual cable switch (for use with surefire lights).  You can buy it separately for around $500.  There's only about a $80 difference between the single and dual cable version of the switch.  Unfortunately, they do not have any kind of trade in/trade up program although that was discussed internally at one point.  Kind of a bummer.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Got my raid XE, anyone know the name of the plug Wilcox uses? Not the happiest with the pressure pad, I assume its something off the shelf. I spliced my own switch using a knockoff surefire dual switch for my Gen 1 Perst 3 so I'm wondering if I can do something like that. Also its really weird how you can only activate the room clearing IR illuminator with that switch but its whatever.

Link Posted: 6/12/2023 7:49:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Diz] [#39]
@TNVC: Just seeing this.  I worked in the "Space Systems" Division, otherwise known as Lockheed Missiles and Space.  We were the old General Dynamics/Martin-Marrietta plant in San Diego that was bought out by Lockheed, thus becoming Lockheed-Martin.  Sorta like the red-headed step-child of the company, but they eventually warmed up to us.  But made perfect sense, since they were building all the classified "Keyhole" satellites up in Palmdale; might as well acquire the space launch vehicles in San Diego.  We made the "Shuttle-Centaur" upper stage for Space Shuttle launch (you know, all those launches that were "classified" and you wondered what was on them); and the "Atlas-Centaur" Launch system, which was an old Atlas ICBM, stretched and mated to a Centaur upper.

Once we were acquired, and they got to know us, we got to work on a bunch of other stuff, from Lockheed's many divisions.  We made various parts for C-141B's, C-130J's, and U-2/TR1's. We were known for our precision welding, and other companies were raping Lockheed with what they were charging.  So we got the work.

One thing they did, and it sounds like Wilcox could follow suite, is to integrate the workforce, meaning they task-organized like the "Skunk works" throughout the company.  There were no barriers between professional engineers, and the hourly scum; EVERYONE pitched in to help design, build, and trouble-shoot things.  Engineers weren't too good to get dirty in shop, and grunts like us were expected to think about what was going on, and pipe up if you thought something was wonky.  No "it's not my job" mentality.  Engineers were actually pretty good with their hands, helping to build, grunts were taught engineering theory, so we could understand the why behind what we were building, and then use our experience to see if it could be improved.

I know, crazy, right?

Back to the OP, when you build shit for the government, you get many extra layers of oversight; some good, some bad.  And you had better be in compliance with all the latest initiatives and so forth.  This changes from year to year, and varies from, yeah ok, that's probably a good idea, to, what the fuck.   I think we've been pegged on the WTF side for awhile and that might be contributing to QC issues.  My gut feeling is that it's gonna take much longer to gestate a new product in today's business environment.

All conjecture on my part, but based on previous experience.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:30:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Will] [#40]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Will:

Don't hack up your shit just yet

Wilcox changed up the connector system recently. Here's the basics:

The -01 model is what is called the standard pack out configuration and comes with the Wilcox Ergocto 3 button remote. This uses a Wilcox proprietary connector.

The -05 model uses the crane connector and does not come with a remote switch. It is not compatible with the Ergocto 3 button remote.

Now, you can purchase a crane connector junction box for your -01 that will let you run a 3rd party crane connector based switch.  
View Quote

Ohhh, nice, very nice.  Thanks for the intel brother.

Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:28:25 PM EDT
[#42]

The -01 model is what is called the standard pack out configuration and comes with the Wilcox Ergocto 3 button remote. This uses a Wilcox proprietary connector.

The -05 model uses the crane connector and does not come with a remote switch. It is not compatible with the Ergocto 3 button remote.

Now, you can purchase a crane connector junction box for your -01 that will let you run a 3rd party crane connector based switch.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigxCat:
Got my raid XE, anyone know the name of the plug Wilcox uses? Not the happiest with the pressure pad, I assume its something off the shelf. I spliced my own switch using a knockoff surefire dual switch for my Gen 1 Perst 3 so I'm wondering if I can do something like that. Also its really weird how you can only activate the room clearing IR illuminator with that switch but its whatever.

https://i.imgur.com/qnSUbLS.jpg

Any ideas for when that crane adapter will drop?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#44]

They are available to order but I recommend to get with your dealer to verify what is compatible with your specific unit because some early versions are not compatible.

If you need help, reach out to us, and give us your P/N and S/N.

P/N 65300G07/G10/G11 Raid-Xe and P/N 65300G12/G14/G18 are slightly different in their housing design.

The cables that work for the G07/G10/G11 Raids WILL NOT work with the G12/G14/G18 Raids.

All current production Raid-Xe will be either G12/G14/G18. They are no longer building the G07/G10/G11 housings.

This was based on end-user/customer feedback regarding the connector. New units can use either a Legacy Crane Remote or the Wilcox 3-button remote.

The Wilcox remote is user configurable which isn't available with the Legacy Crane Connector.
View All Quotes

Any ideas for when that crane adapter will drop?

They are available to order but I recommend to get with your dealer to verify what is compatible with your specific unit because some early versions are not compatible.

If you need help, reach out to us, and give us your P/N and S/N.

P/N 65300G07/G10/G11 Raid-Xe and P/N 65300G12/G14/G18 are slightly different in their housing design.

The cables that work for the G07/G10/G11 Raids WILL NOT work with the G12/G14/G18 Raids.

All current production Raid-Xe will be either G12/G14/G18. They are no longer building the G07/G10/G11 housings.

This was based on end-user/customer feedback regarding the connector. New units can use either a Legacy Crane Remote or the Wilcox 3-button remote.

The Wilcox remote is user configurable which isn't available with the Legacy Crane Connector.

My unit p/n ends with a G10 so looks like that adapter won't be compatible?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I should also clarify.

All RAID Xe from TNVC are the newer G12/G14/G18 which are compatible with the crane connector junction box.
View Quote

Thanks for confirming. The raid is small enough that I don't really need a switch anyways, for most of my use cases.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

That's a crazy bummer about the housing change.  

The switch situation is already pretty disappointing:
  • they (afaik) don't actually sell the dual cable switch bundled with a xe--so you're forced to buy the xe with the single cable
  • the switch is of course is proprietary to the raid (making it impossible to sell)
  • which forces you to go buy the dual cable switch for $500 or so
  • even though the ultimate price difference between the two is less than $100
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#49]

My unit p/n ends with a G10 so looks like that adapter won't be compatible?
View Quote

And mines an 07. Bummer
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 2:32:24 AM EDT
[#50]

The -01 configuration is what is called the standard pack out configuration and comes with the Wilcox Ergocto 3 button remote. This uses a Wilcox proprietary connector.

The -05 configuration uses the crane connector and does not come with a remote switch. It is not compatible with the Ergocto 3 button remote.

Now, you can purchase a crane connector junction box for your -01 that will let you run a 3rd party crane connector based switch.  (ETA: @BigxCat if your unit is compatible that is. See below)
View Quote

Mines a Full Power G11 p/n unit, but yeah I knew going in that the next version was on the way but I got a good deal on this unit so I don't mind much. However after shooting with it a bit I think the 3 button switch is very useful. It's nice for going from low to high power dual illumination with no fiddling on the dial. Might have to try and program it to get the 3rd button to be FP illuminator only instead of the kinda goofy IR room illuminator. I only wish the plug was not as huge and they had better mounting solution, the included offset mount just makes no damn sense. But for now zipties will do.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top