Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 12:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It is odd that they would put the activation button on the right side.  Great if you're left handed I suppose and your right hand is going to be on the rail.  Not so great if you're right handed.  

The lack of an inability to use standard crane aftermarket switches also is a negative, especially for that kind of cost.

Fingers crossed and holding out hope that the EOTech LAM is VCSEL and high quality.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
It is odd that they would put the activation button on the right side.  Great if you're left handed I suppose and your right hand is going to be on the rail.  Not so great if you're right handed.  

The lack of an inability to use standard crane aftermarket switches also is a negative, especially for that kind of cost.

Fingers crossed and holding out hope that the EOTech LAM is VCSEL and high quality.
View Quote

I have medium sized hands and hitting the fire button as a right handed shooter is not an issue.

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 11:36:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Yeet-Cannon:

I have medium sized hands and hitting the fire button as a right handed shooter is not an issue.

View Quote

That's good to hear, but it's still an odd side to place it on.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
I have small sized hands and hitting the fire button on my RAID-X as a right-handed shooter is not an issue, though I am using a smaller diameter handguard, a WedgeLock. That being said, my friend that also has small hands that has played with both the RAID-X and the NGAL actually thinks the RAID-X's fire button was easier for him to use, as even though it's biased left, it's in the back of the unit, so less of the bulk is in the palm of the hand as you try to hit the fire button.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#5]

That's good to hear, but it's still an odd side to place it on.
View Quote

You're thinking too hard about it. Have you actually tried it out?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 4:59:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#6]
Black and tan are IN STOCK.

Got both of my Xe from them.

https://nvincorporated.com/product/wilcox-raid-xe/
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I honestly wonder how much my FP XE would fetch. The civilian models are nearly just as good for my use.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sveesix:
I honestly wonder how much my FP XE would fetch. The civilian models are nearly just as good for my use.
View Quote

I bet you someone would pay NGAL pricing for one. $5K? Maybe 5.5K. Do itttttt.

But yeah, the civi RAID is insane. My black one arrives tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#9]

I bet you someone would pay NGAL pricing for one. $5K? Maybe 5.5K. Do itttttt.

But yeah, the civi RAID is insane. My black one arrives tomorrow.
View Quote

I just feel like it is overkill for my use haha. Would rather buy another Civ and packet the extra few K.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#10]

I just feel like it is overkill for my use haha. Would rather buy another Civ and packet the extra few K.
View Quote

Glynn at NVI has tan and black in stock right now.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#11]

Glynn at NVI has tan and black in stock right now.
View Quote

Yeah I’d want to sell the FP first though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Yeah I’d want to sell the FP first though.
View Quote

Post it on one of the FB pages. I bet it's sold within 24 hours
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#13]
It's good to see them starting to turn up on retailer's websites for sale.

This is a huge win for civilians.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:02:58 PM EDT
[#14]
RAID-Xe #2 arrived today. This time in black!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:18:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: topgunpilot20] [#15]
View Quote

I feel the same away about the MAWL. I've compared the C1+ and DA side by side. Is the DA brighter? Sure. Is it an extra $2k brighter? Definitely not.

I do wish the laser was brighter on the highest illuminator setting of the C1+, but again not enough to spend that much extra.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I mirrored your perception of the proprietary port on the XE but I have to say my view has definitely changed. The fact of the matter is, Wilcox had to step away from the standard crane/NATO plug and resort to a Fischer style connection with enough pins to conversely foster enough circuits to have things like white light/vis override while also being able to program some of the raid functions using the remote switch.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 11:34:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pyle_Made_Sgt] [#17]
It's good to see them starting to turn up on retailer's websites for sale.

This is a huge win for civilians.
View Quote

To be clear, the eye safe models are what most are buying currently and is what’s in stock at nvinc. Full power class 3 bravo units are still restricted to .mil/LE sales only. So far we’ve only seen black FP units hitting dealers, no one has a tan fp unit as far as I’m aware with the exception of govt agencies as Wilcox did just finish fulfilling a big contract of tan/red vis units.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 12:25:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#18]
Full power PEQ-15 vs civilian RAID-Xe. Probably the best comparison vid on the interwebs right now for these.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0Mbp3xJVYdsuCf4VbsxzPb9Y4gjhNSgd4NDMqt7eyLRusDfW4wAwj2dC6VrU5wvKBl&id=100068931985031&mibextid=Nif5oz
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Where is everyone snagging their XE’s from?
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 1:21:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm waiting to hear more about the EOTech VCSEL, but if the EOTech isn't going to come out in 2023 for some reason than I'll go for the expensive RAID Xe in 2023 or if the AID Xe is vastly superior in performance than I'll go with it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 10:09:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TNW:
Where is everyone snagging their XE’s from?
View Quote

Got both of mine from Nightvision Inc.

Unfortunately Glynn said it'll be around 6 months before he gets more civilian RAID-Xe. Apparently Wilcox got a huge contract for RAIDs.

Keep an eye on Nocturnality Gear, HCC Tactical and Kosher Surplus for civi RAIDs that trickle out.

Also-

For those who have IG, one of the best comparison vids I've seen-

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClyfRdKr5WH/?igshid=YzdkMWQ2MWU=
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm waiting to hear more about the EOTech VCSEL, but if the EOTech isn't going to come out in 2023 for some reason than I'll go for the expensive RAID Xe in 2023 or if the AID Xe is vastly superior in performance than I'll go with it.
View Quote

Don't count on the Eotech OGL being $2K or under if it's using VSCEL tech.

I want to be wrong tho.

With that said - they really suck at getting new products out. Was waiting on their EFLX and it finally hit shelves 10 months after when it was supposed to be available. Something to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Don't count on the Eotech OGL being $2K or under if it's using VSCEL tech.

I want to be wrong tho.

With that said - they really suck at getting new products out. Was waiting on their EFLX and it finally hit shelves 10 months after when it was supposed to be available. Something to keep in mind.
View Quote

Time will tell.  However, with SHOT Show 2023 so close now, just a little over a month as of this post, I want to wait to see what EOTech will and can share with us.  I'd hate to purchase the RAID only to learn that I could have just waited four months and had a similar item at a much lower cost.   I've made that mistake before and lived to regret it.  Plus, although believe me I'm very eager, it might be worth it for me to wait on both honestly and see how they hold up in terms of reliability and performance.  I admit, I have a bit of a problem with patience and like to have the latest and greatest, but I'm trying to be a more patient and measured man.

Link Posted: 12/8/2022 1:23:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#24]

Got both of mine from Nightvision Inc.

Unfortunately Glynn said it'll be around 6 months before he gets more civilian RAID-Xe. Apparently Wilcox got a huge contract for RAIDs.

Keep an eye on Nocturnality Gear, HCC Tactical and Kosher Surplus for civi RAIDs that trickle out.

Also-

For those who have IG, one of the best comparison vids I've seen-

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClyfRdKr5WH/?igshid=YzdkMWQ2MWU=
View Quote

Thank you!

May start looking into selling my FP PEQ15 to fund it. I have no idea what they go for these days though. Is it one of those things that I need to be ready to pounce on when I find one?
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 3:17:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#25]
Originally Posted By TNW:

Thank you!

May start looking into selling my FP PEQ15 to fund it. I have no idea what they go for these days though. Is it one of those things that I need to be ready to pounce on when I find one?
View Quote

The RAID Xe are selling out pretty quick ever since word on them got out. I'd definitely pounce when you see one in stock.

Full power PEQ-15 sell for $1200 beat up and salty, to $2400 for brand new in wrapper. Mfg date also determines value as well as how the illuminator looks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Anybody know if the emitters on the Xe will clear the rail when mounted in the recessed portion of the Cloud Defensive COR?
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By -HOOT-:
Anybody know if the emitters on the Xe will clear the rail when mounted in the recessed portion of the Cloud Defensive COR?
View Quote

Can't help you there but can tell you an MBUS Pro front sight *barely* obstructs the lasers. Maybe you can run the numbers on the height of an MBUS pro compared to the cutout in the COR.
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#28]
@TNVC_Augee

Any news from Wilcox on the tan 3 bravo units? There may not be much news right now being so close to shot show but just wanted to ask. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/21/2022 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Can't help you there but can tell you an MBUS Pro front sight *barely* obstructs the lasers. Maybe you can run the numbers on the height of an MBUS pro compared to the cutout in the COR.
View Quote

Thanks, cutout is .237" deep on the COR and Magpul lists the MBUS Pro front sight at .43" above the rail when folded so I guess it should be fine.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 11:22:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Just received my full power tan/red vis raid XE today. Super stoked! Wilcox definitely learned a lot of things from the raid x and improved upon them. Last November when production of the raid x was discontinued and my order was changed to an XE I was pretty salty. But I’m definitely glad I waited! Going to test against my MAWL-DA, results will be interesting to say the least…
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#31]
I am on waitlist for these as well
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Has anyone compared the US Night Visions Designate IR-V  to the RAID-Xe?  

Since both use VCSEL, I'd be interested to see how the $1700 dollar Designate IR-V compares to the $3K+ RAID-Xe.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2023 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Has anyone compared the US Night Visions Designate IR-V  to the RAID-Xe?  

Since both use VCSEL, I'd be interested to see how the $1700 dollar Designate IR-V compares to the $3K+ RAID-Xe.  

View Quote

If anyone wants to send me their Raid I'd be happy to do the comparison
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Pyle_Made_Sgt:
Just received my full power tan/red vis raid XE today. Super stoked! Wilcox definitely learned a lot of things from the raid x and improved upon them. Last November when production of the raid x was discontinued and my order was changed to an XE I was pretty salty. But I’m definitely glad I waited! Going to test against my MAWL-DA, results will be interesting to say the least…
View Quote

How the hell did you get a full power XE?
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#35]
So are the raid xe illuminators better than on the mawls?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:44:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spyider] [#36]
Originally Posted By Kits4:
View Quote

From what I gathered from youtube vids and what others have said ... yes only because you can focus the beam.

I still prefer the switchology and simplicity of the MAWL though
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Kits4:
View Quote

Yes. The output of my civ RAID-Xe was better than that of my MAWL.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By voodochild:

View Quote

Any LEO can get full power RAIDs and NGALs depending on the dealer.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Very interesting. Have a source/dealer?
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 4:48:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chR15] [#40]
Edit
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Spyider:

From what I gathered from youtube vids and what others have said ... yes only because you can focus the beam.

I still prefer the switchology and simplicity of the MAWL though
View Quote

I’ve not found any need to focus a MAWL beam. Press the right button, get the right output. Problem solved. Prefer the Raid form factor though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I ordered mine 19 months ago with .mil credentials. I must say after comparing this to my MAWL DA, it definitely gives BE Meyers a run for their money. I still love the rapid switchology of the MAWL out of the box, but once I figure out the programming of the raid I’ll set it up just the same way (yes the raid can do that) and still have fine tuning adjustments to get the pointer/illum just right. Love both lasers, but for a general purpose LAM I think the trophy goes to the RAID, it’s programmability and adjustability are just far too versatile.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Might end up with a smaller white light body. I like the position of the click, but it’s a big shadow with the 40deg IR on.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2023 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#44]

Yes. The output of my civ RAID-Xe was better than that of my MAWL.
View Quote

My MAWLs illuminator definitely takes the cake over the RAID. Granted I’m comparing both full powers. The raid is bright, clear and adjustable which is sweet. But the MAWL DA just does it all with a 150mw peak illuminator output. The RAID illuminator also has a bit of that weird halo around it when adjusting to a narrow illuminator setting. Not near as bad as it is on the X but you can tell it’s still there. Not a game changer but worth noting in comparison I suppose.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Yeet Cannon gave me a great photo of a mlok Modbutton and the clearance on the weak side of a Raid XE.

Does anyone have a Unity Hotbutton mlok? I’d like to know if it can fit up against a Raid XE.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By tcmass:
Yeet Cannon gave me a great photo of a mlok Modbutton and the clearance on the weak side of a Raid XE.

Does anyone have a Unity Hotbutton mlok? I’d like to know if it can fit up against a Raid XE.
View Quote

Are you asking about the 3 and 9 o'clock positions or on the 1:30 and 10:30 positions like on the MK16 or URX4?
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Are you asking about the 3 and 9 o'clock positions or on the 1:30 and 10:30 positions like on the MK16 or URX4?
View Quote

10:30/11 o’clock position!
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 10:57:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Just checked my BCM MCR rail and it's a no go on the right.  Left side is also a no go toward the back of the unit, but might fit up toward the front where the lugs are, I didn't check there as that's where my light is mounted.
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By chR15:
Just checked my BCM MCR rail and it's a no go on the right.  Left side is also a no go toward the back of the unit, but might fit up toward the front where the lugs are, I didn't check there as that's where my light is mounted.
View Quote

I appreciate you checking! I had thought if it fit any where it would be right on the left side lugs but I kinda even doubted that.

Didn’t want to drop the coin for it not to fit.
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Can anyone here get in touch with a rep about using rechargeable CR123s in these?  LiFePO rechargeables , Li-Ion rechargeables, or atleast the specd input voltage?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top