Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Adm had a 2.1” mount

https://www.admmfg.com/ad-b3-c-mount
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you're saying to adjust the 1x diopter for my eye? If so, I've already done that. I assume whatever focus you are running on the PVS14 will work? If I have to set the focus of the PVS14 on the reticle that may be a show stopper.
View Quote

Infinity Focus on the NVD, when the Diopter is set for your naked eye, should work fine - it does for me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Infinity Focus on the NVD, when the Diopter is set for your naked eye, should work fine - it does for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're saying to adjust the 1x diopter for my eye? If so, I've already done that. I assume whatever focus you are running on the PVS14 will work? If I have to set the focus of the PVS14 on the reticle that may be a show stopper.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Right, in simple terms, just use your NVD as usual. While using your NVD as usual, you may require some minor tuning of the focus ring on the prism optic. Should not be much. Works fine. Once it is set, you don't have to worry about it again and you can continue using your NVD as you always do.

In other words, the first time you use the prism, the reticle might be out of focus. That's fine. Just tune the reticle, do not adjust your NVD to match the reticle. Those guys that say you have to adjust your NVDs are completely wrong.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:48:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Another EXPS3.0 vote
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:03:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another EXPS3.0 vote

This

Yea, that battery life doesn't work for me. I leave mine on all the time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 1:14:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you know of a mini ACOG mount that would push the PA micro prism up to around 2.33?
View Quote

You can stack the risers that come with the micro prism to get that height without spending more money.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:50:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You can stack the risers that come with the micro prism to get that height without spending more money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know of a mini ACOG mount that would push the PA micro prism up to around 2.33?

According to the manual.

No spacer = 1.1"
Low cantilever spacer adds .3"
Medium cantilever or straight spacers (you get both) adds .435"
Cantilever high adds .54"

So, two mediums gets you 1.97"
One medium and one high gets you 2.075"

Looks like both mediums plus the low would get you 2.27"

I actually have four of these things, so I can mix and match to my heart's content.

Just prefer a more simple one piece straight up not cantilevered mount.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 1:30:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

According to the manual.

No spacer = 1.1"
Low cantilever spacer adds .3"
Medium cantilever or straight spacers (you get both) adds .435"
Cantilever high adds .54"

So, two mediums gets you 1.97"
One medium and one high gets you 2.075"

Looks like both mediums plus the low would get you 2.27"

I actually have four of these things, so I can mix and match to my heart's content.

Just prefer a more simple one piece straight up not cantilevered mount.
View Quote

If the SLX uses ACOG type mounting, couldn't you also use an A2 carry handle? I think I watched a vid from GT where he stated carry handle mounted optics are high enough for passive NV use. Might get you above 2 inches.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If the SLX uses ACOG type mounting, couldn't you also use an A2 carry handle? I think I watched a vid from GT where he stated carry handle mounted optics are high enough for passive NV use. Might get you above 2 inches.
View Quote

Yes, that's a great point and a good option.

There's really only one down side I can think of: None of the micro prism mount segments have the see-through hole of an ACOG, so I would lose the irons. Not that it's a big deal or anything, but I feel like if I'm taking the weight penalty of the carry handle I might as well get the irons with it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There's really only one down side I can think of: None of the micro prism mount segments have the see-through hole of an ACOG, so I would lose the irons. Not that it's a big deal or anything, but I feel like if I'm taking the weight penalty of the carry handle I might as well get the irons with it.
View Quote

Yeah you would have to remove to use irons.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's lame. If I have a carry handle, I want the irons accessible at all times. Should be simple.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Delete
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's lame. If I have a carry handle, I want the irons accessible at all times. Should be simple.
View Quote

I don't blame ya. Not much different if running an LVPO. If it goes down, would have to remove to use rear irons.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:26:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't blame ya. Not much different if running an LVPO. If it goes down, would have to remove to use rear irons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use angled irons with an LPVO, but yeah. Same idea.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Video of the PA Micro prism with an NVG height mount configuration.

Night Vision: Primary Arms Micro Prism vs Sig Romeo 4T with Unity Tactical FAST Mount
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top