BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 4:24:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So my Perst left France and arrived in Indiana but now is back in transit to France.  Wtf?
View Quote
USPS got my P4 within 10 miles of me then decided it was time to do some arctic T&E in Vermont. Just so we're clear, I do not live in Vermont. Not even close.

About a month later, I got an email from the local post office saying they had a package for me. The box looked like it took a static line jump without a chute into the ocean. For all I know it did. But, the damn thing survived and worked fine.

I get how disconcerting it is to see these updates but hang in there. The reality is there isn't much we can do.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 8:47:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah this is unfortunately a sign of the times.  The Postal systems worldwide seemed to have gone full retard these days of covid and unrest.  Some how they've taken all the advances in technology and figured out a way to make it as inefficient as possible.  Welcome to the new global worker's paradise.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:34:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Now it updated back to Indiana again with a scheduled delivery date of Wed.  So if that holds up that would be a 6 day turn around.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 10:14:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Huh.  We ship a lot of packs to Europe these days and it's always a crap shoot.  Western and Northern Europe may get held, up but generally gets there.  Eastern Europe is another subject.  Damn near every time I ship to a former east-bloc country, I get angry customers wanting to know either where their pack is, or why they have to pay exorbitant customs fees.  Slovenia, Slovakia, and Romania are my step-children.  Russia is like spin the wheel.  So yeah, the downside to trying to get something from half-way around the world.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered a perst 3 and 4 on 11/26, and according to russian post was released from custom house and export of international mail on 12/4, and has been silent since.  Did it fall out of the airplane or something?  I would expect it to at least be stuck in customs in NY or something after 8 days.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Pretend it's a Form 4 - it'll get here
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine is showing on truck for delivery today instead of Wed.  So actually today would be 6 days.  /crossingfingers

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#8]
No offense to anyone but this is supposed to be a technical forum and this thread is the place to discuss Perst lasers. We really do no need updates about where your package containing a laser is.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No offense to anyone but this is supposed to be a technical forum and this thread is the place to discuss Perst lasers. We really do no need updates about where your package containing a laser is.
View Quote

While I'd normally agree. The shipping time and process is so unusual it makes sense to see others experiences.

Mines been in NY for 10 days no update
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you guys running a parallel or converging zero?
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Well not sure what you call it but focusing on red dot (well these days it's a white dot), on an object as far out as you can see, and over-lapping IR pointer on it.  That pretty much puts you right on top of whatever your red dot is seeing.  Then just use your come-ups as required.

So technically I guess that's converging, but way the hell out there.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Converging. Matching with red dot at a far off distance that is beyond my maximum average shooting distances (with my SBR) 500 yards or so. Or beyond that even

Offers several benefits over parallel. Enough to fill a different thread with (which many already exist)

Parallel is fine too obviously, not bashing it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

As above - converging with your aiming point while looking at "something" (target, tree, chimney) as far away as you can get in your area.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As above - converging with your aiming point while looking at "something" (target, tree, chimney) as far away as you can get in your area.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So couple issue/question: I'm putting this on a rifle with an LPVO that's zero'd at 50/200.
So if I go with visible route, I'm not sure how far I'll be able to actually do that at.

If it gets dust/night, I'm not sure how easy its going to be to utilize my NVG with the LPVO.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2021 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So couple issue/question: I'm putting this on a rifle with an LPVO that's zero'd at 50/200.
So if I go with visible route, I'm not sure how far I'll be able to actually do that at.

If it gets dust/night, I'm not sure how easy its going to be to utilize my NVG with the LPVO.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use your vis laser

I can see mine very far out at dusk with magnification. Like 500 yards or more. The perst3 & 4 I have are actually “slaved”. Cannot observe any deviation between vis & IR
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Use your vis laser

I can see mine very far out at dusk with magnification. Like 500 yards or more. The perst3 & 4 I have are actually “slaved”. Cannot observe any deviation between vis & IR
View Quote

Yup, dusk and viz green at 6x works great. I think the tree I use is 600 yds. I too notice no diff between Viz and IR.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 2:43:29 PM EDT
[#17]
9 Hole Reviews just put up a video of LAMs... someone needs to tell them their PERST-3 was either broken (maybe the + and - buttons are defective?), or they should read the manual Hook up the Pressure Pad and crank that knob!

9 Hole, it should look like this at ~900 meters (on the Right)

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
9 Hole Reviews just put up a video of LAMs... someone needs to tell them their PERST-3 was either broken (maybe the + and - buttons are defective?), or they should read the manual Hook up the Pressure Pad and crank that knob!

https://i.imgur.com/crMuPfp.jpg
View Quote
i made a similar comment on the video and they replied back that they left the power at medium lvl instead of actually turning it up.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 5:00:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
i made a similar comment on the video and they replied back that they left the power at medium lvl instead of actually turning it up.
View Quote

Yea, I don't know, we'll see what the hive thinks. I run mine the lowest it will go, and wish it could go lower sometimes. Starting at the lowest (which is setting 0 or 1 depending on how you want to count, LOL) there are 4 levels above that - so what is "medium"? And I know they stated to cut some slack on terms, etc... but the PERST Gen 3 and PERST Gen 4 was a little cringe.

And while I can't 100% say that this is the lowest setting, since it was a year ago, at most, it was one dial click higher - this is 300 yards. Granted, 0% Moon, but still. Their P3 looked horrible.

Nice looking rig you have there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah me thinks there was some tom-foolery going on there.  "I didn't know it would adjust up higher"?  Seriously?  It's the first fucking thing you do: run that baby all the way up to the max.  Either the reviewers are incompetent or purposely skewing the results.  Or if it was a defective unit, get another one and show the true performance.  But we all know that's bullshit.  Much like Mick, I can put that fucker on an object over a half mile away.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/crMuPfp.jpg
View Quote

Dude I commented on their video also letting them know I thought something was wrong. I don’t think they took it very seriously
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Thanks Hive, it's nice to have frens Yea, I expect more out of that channel.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Well in a perfect world, everyone would have integrity and only tell it like it is.  We know that's not the case.  Everyone has their prejudices, biases, and just plain preferences for things.  Some do a better job of separating all that from their reviews than others.  Infomercials have blurred the line between reporting the facts and selling their wares.

I don't know these guys from Adam.  I don't know what their true intent was here.  But from the evidence they sure look suspect.  As General Lemay would famously say: "I can't differentiate between the incompetent, and the unfortunate".  So regardless of their motives, they got it wrong.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 11:43:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well in a perfect world, everyone would have integrity and only tell it like it is.  We know that's not the case.  Everyone has their prejudices, biases, and just plain preferences for things.  Some do a better job of separating all that from their reviews than others.  Infomercials have blurred the line between reporting the facts and selling their wares.

I don't know these guys from Adam.  I don't know what their true intent was here.  But from the evidence they sure look suspect.  As General Lemay would famously say: "I can't differentiate between the incompetent, and the unfortunate".  So regardless of their motives, they got it wrong.
View Quote
I like their content and they seem to be pretty straight shooters (no pun intended).  However it didn't make sense to leave the perst 3 at "medium" when they were showing the other devices in low/med/high.  it would have stood to reason they should have done the same for the perst3.  
I mean I run mine on a "medium" setting and I've pointed it out to a few hundred yards and its very bright.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 4:26:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Just wanted to let you guys know, the Perst-4 in turbo mode is a BEAST, that is all

Link Posted: 12/21/2021 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm expecting a delivery this week of both a gen3 perst 4 M and a gen 3 perst 4. I imagine they both have that awesome turbo mode? Your picture is badass and it definitely looks like a lightsaber LOL
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#28]
This is borderline OT but, just as a friendly reminder from today's news:

Measures to be discussed at the White House meeting include "extraordinary" export control measures that could choke off broad swaths of industrial and consumer technologies to Russia, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.
View Quote

I recognize that's export not import, but they would retaliate.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Can't remember which page it was posted on, but what's the buttonology to get the "turbo mode" for the viz/IR lasers?

Never tried it on my 2 x P2s or 3 x P3s, but might as I moved some things around and need to zero via the viz lasers on a few rifles next week. I figure anything that gets them even brighter will increase the range at which I can match their POA to my T2s.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 11:57:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can't remember which page it was posted on, but what's the buttonology to get the "turbo mode" for the viz/IR lasers?

Never tried it on my 2 x P2s or 3 x P3s, but might as I moved some things around and need to zero via the viz lasers on a few rifles next week. I figure anything that gets them even brighter will increase the range at which I can match their POA to my T2s.
View Quote
I think if you turn the laser on.  Press the fire button once to turn it on.  Pause a few secs and then hold down the fire button down.  After a few secs it should kick into turbo mode.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think if you turn the laser on.  Press the fire button once to turn it on.  Pause a few secs and then hold down the fire button down.  After a few secs it should kick into turbo mode.
View Quote

Gratzi
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#32]
For the perst 3/4 green+ vis lasers, are they supposed to be adjustable.  Just got my perst 4 green+ and turning the knob on the switch or the +/- on the body doesn't seem to do much.  IR laser adjusts as expected.

Also, for those running an MPX, would it be a bad idea to run the perst 4 on the handguard, even if its generally for close distance use?  The oem mpx handguard is known to have a bit of back and forth play, but would that matter enough to make use of the lasers unreliable within room to room distances?
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes viz laser is adjustable.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 8:11:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
For the perst 3/4 green+ vis lasers, are they supposed to be adjustable.  
View Quote

No clue on on the + models, but a Jan 2020 PERST-3 Std has 5 levels of brightness - the one it turns on at (say lowest), and 4 clicks above that (brightest). During the day, it's not like you can tell a massive difference - I usually point it at an interior wall and rotate the rheostat back and forth and you'll see the diff.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

converging 100%.  Setup is easy as 1,2,3, and ive killed lots of coyotes with it just fine.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 9:29:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
For the perst 3/4 green+ vis lasers, are they supposed to be adjustable.  Just got my perst 4 green+ and turning the knob on the switch or the +/- on the body doesn't seem to do much.  IR laser adjusts as expected.

Also, for those running an MPX, would it be a bad idea to run the perst 4 on the handguard, even if its generally for close distance use?  The oem mpx handguard is known to have a bit of back and forth play, but would that matter enough to make use of the lasers unreliable within room to room distances?
View Quote

It depends on how much play you have.

I have one MPX that is an absolute rattle trap and I can induce 6 inches of laser movement at 20 yards EASY just by putting pressure on the handguard.  It's a cool design VERY poorly executed.  My other MPX Is rock solid.

Ive found that depending on your setup, bridging the handguard with something rigid is really the only way to solve the problem.  If your perst can be mounted over that joint, I would put it there and see how it does.  Ultimately, its going to be up to you to find out if it works brother.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#37]
So go to shoot the perst 3 last night under nods.  really love the laser and illuminator in comparison to all the other civilian legal ones there.  However when I got home I noticed that the tensioning screw walked loose.  So I tightened it back down and went back out to check the laser and it was noticeably off from the reticle.  So readjusted back.  

So my question is that normal for it to walk itself loose?  I cranked it down really good this time and threw a little blue Loctite on the opposite end threads to hopefully prevent them from backing out.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So go to shoot the perst 3 last night under nods.  really love the laser and illuminator in comparison to all the other civilian legal ones there.  However when I got home I noticed that the tensioning screw walked loose.  So I tightened it back down and went back out to check the laser and it was noticeably off from the reticle.  So readjusted back.  

So my question is that normal for it to walk itself loose?  I cranked it down really good this time and threw a little blue Loctite on the opposite end threads to hopefully prevent them from backing out.
View Quote

I have 2 x P2s and 2 x P3s and have never had one walk loose. Never used Loctite or any other thread locking compound, just using a screwdriver to crank it down.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#39]

"Finished" this recently haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. Got my Perst 3 from the eBay store and it arrived in about two weeks. Would have been sooner but it got delayed in Memphis. I already ordered some Duracoat Magpul Medium Coyote for it. I've used Duracoat Magpul FDE and I liked it but I think it leans a little more towards OD than than fde.

The dial on the tape switch is VERY stiff compared to the one that came with the Gen 2 which I could easily rotate with my thumb. As for the dirty lasers I've mostly cleaned them up by using a paint pen on the lens.

If you're curious about the sling it's a Woodland Camo Vickers with Ferro Concepts padding. Foregrip is BCM spray painted with Aervoe Field Drab which is about a 98% color match for B5 coyote.

I also really want to get a Delta-Tek MPI and see how well it does with 5.56 but they're never in stock.

BTW the Vltor A5 buffer tubes are about a half inch too short for a 10.3" to hit the 26" oal for a vertical grip, that's one reason why I'm using an angled(as defined by the ATF) foregrip, it's also a lot more comfortable than the Tango Down vert grips that you usually see with block 2 builds.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:26:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've got a 2020 PERST-3, still tight - but I VC-3 anything with threads, so...
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Does the perst 3 require auxiliary IR illumination?
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Does the perst 3 require auxiliary IR illumination?
View Quote

No, it has a very strong illuminator.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 12:54:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Ha yeah you could say that.  Unless you need to designate a target more than a 1/2 mile or so away.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ha yeah you could say that.  Unless you need to designate a target more than a 1/2 mile or so away.
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?
Hes joking.  The Illuminator is amazing on the Perst 3.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

So a perst 3 and a white light would pretty much cover everything? Been trying to decide what device to get and perst 3 is in the lead.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So a perst 3 and a white light would pretty much cover everything? Been trying to decide what device to get and perst 3 is in the lead.
View Quote

That would be correct. Great value.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?

I was in the same boat not too long ago.  I'm glad I went with the Perst 3.  Mil spec laser/illuminator is amazing.   I was at a night shoot on Saturday and its funny watching civilian illuminators not being able to hit 100yds.  You can see their lasers and such but the funny part was when I put my laser and illuminator on targets out to 300, you'd see all the other civilian lasers all swap to my illuminator since they could see.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok what are the places I can order one? Also why is the green laser model more and do I need green over red?
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Ok what are the places I can order one? Also why is the green laser model more and do I need green over red?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered mine from Zenitco on EBay.  Theres other places to order but may or may not be in stock like Zenitco directly.  
Get a Gen 3 regardless.  As to Green+ being more. Its a more powerful vis laser.  If you don't care so much about the vis laser you could just save some money and get the red version.  I think they are like $1100 vs $1400.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top