Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2017 7:08:39 PM EDT
Long story short, I bought a PVS14 and it doesn't appear to be what I was told it was. I'm not finding the tube markings anywhere, is there any way of finding out what it is?  Gen 2 / commercial tube?

The markings are 2J622 NV5052A-X3C S/N 1326 90 237

Any information would be appreciated.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I just compared it to my Envis, the tubes perform almost identically. It's rainy and pretty dark out, so I don't think it's gen 2.  I still want to know what it is, but at least it appears to be performing well.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 10:43:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My shooting partner dug something out that indicated it may be a commercial tube made by Exelis, similar to Omni VI spec.

My dad also bought one of these.  His tube says ITT NV5052A-X3C S/N 1326 90 093.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 7:02:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like it came from these guys...

http://www.sci.com/capabilities/

At least that's where the code leads.

David
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, that's very helpful, I'm amazed at your knowledge and resources.  I'm still curious as to whether it's autogated, but that's not a huge issue.  I don't hear any type of whine, so probably not.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The 2J622 code is a CAGE code. In order to do business with the US Govt you MUST have a cage code or work through a supplier/distributor that has a cage code. Anybody can lookup cage codes online so next time you see a 5-digit alphanumeric code you should punch it into a cage code lookup tool and see what it says...
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 6:07:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't realize that was a CAGE code.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#7]
That looks like an ITT Everest power supply. Is that a little transpsrent window to the left of wgere the pigtail connects to the tube. If so id say its an Everest PSU that was likely purchased from itt by a company that pots tubes. That caje should tell who that is.
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a power supply that is manufactured by ITT for the purpose of selling to other manufacturers or companies that pot tubes. In this case this PSU was sold to L-3 and l-3 used it to pot their tube modules. Notice the part number. Very similar to the one on your tube. I have a picture of an ITT Everest somewhere, but id have to find it. However if that is a lirttle transparent window to the left of the pigtail connection, then it is indeed an Everest power supply and was sold to and then used to pot a module by a company other than ITT. That little window is for IR wireless connection to an Everest programming interface that will adjust the brightness and gain settings and a few other settings for the tube.

<a href="http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/dts-blackout25/media/20171122_091507_zpskz2jkeyv.jpg.html"></a>
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks like an ITT Everest power supply. Is that a little transpsrent window to the left of wgere the pigtail connects to the tube. If so id say its an Everest PSU that was likely purchased from itt by a company that pots tubes. That caje should tell who that is.
View Quote
Yes, looking at some other pictures I took, that’s what it looks like. Thanks for your input!
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 12:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Your welcome. Glad i could help you identify your tube.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Is this a Everest power supply?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes it most deffinitly is an ITT Everest. The "Everest" refers to the power supply just like Pinnacle did. The Everest power supply, as far is i have been able to tell, is basically an updated version of the pinnacle power supplies in which someone isnt able to make adjustments to the gain and abc/brightness settings without programming equipment. This is done by removing the trim pots and using some sort of pot that uses an ir connection to a programming interface that is needed to adjust these settings. Basically it is the same thing L-3 did by going from the older power supplies with trim pots to the newer autogated programmable poeer supplies used on their newer tubes That use a wired connection to a programming intetface using the sockets where the removable pigtails nano plugs are kpressed into. The L-3 programming interface uses a wired rs-232 programming cable to program the power supplies. My opinion as to why both Itt and L--3 switched to these programmable power supplies that dont allow adjustments to the tubes settings without super rare programming intetfaces is simply to kind of control how many people outside the two manufacturers can rebuild or make adjustments to their newer production tubes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top