Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2017 4:39:45 PM EDT
Recently picked up someone's  PVS-14 build project in tacticool store.  

I dropped it the other day, and a portion of the battery case that holds in the gasket broke.  

super glue wasn't working so JB Weld to the rescue.  Its ugly right now till I do some sanding.

My question is, can I get a (single) battery case WITHOUT the board/switch/gain, and transfer over?

If so, who sells the empty case?, and how difficult of a job?

thanks in advance, mv

ETA:  found part of my answer here, arfcom pvs 14 batt case conversion
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 2:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 3:48:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I had a similar issue with my old -14.  I replaced the double batt housing with a single one.  Unless you really know what you're doing, I think you just have to buy the whole unit and replace as one part-for-part swap.

As Dino mentioned, you can buy a housing shell and transfer your circuit board, single batt to single batt, if you can solder, but I would hazard to guess most folks can't these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top