Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 2:20:31 PM EDT
I recently bought a bunch of used parts and two of the items were a Wilcox Lanyard and Ops Core VAS.

I am not familiar with any of the Wilcox lanyards... i know they make one for the VAS, but it looks like it is all one piece... Is there any way to get this to work with the VAS?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
OK, first of all, I would bite the bullet and buy the replacement screws from Opscore.  You will play hell finding another nut big enough to capture smaller dia. screw coming through larger VAS hole.

Don't know about that lanyard.  If it won't fit, use a piece of paracord through top slot of VAS.  Put a knot on each end, thread loop through slot, and put knots in cut out depressions on each side underneath (helps to use spray adhesive to hold in place).  Assemble shroud to helmet as usual.  Use a piece of paracord with a mini "S" hook to connect to shroud; use overhand knot through lanyard hole in -14's, or another "S" hook and ring for BNVD's.  I also put a piece of elastic around junction of paracord and "S" hook to keep it from "tinking" on the shroud.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 3:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK, first of all, I would bite the bullet and buy the replacement screws from Opscore.  You will play hell finding another nut big enough to capture smaller dia. screw coming through larger VAS hole.

Don't know about that lanyard.  If it won't fit, use a piece of paracord through top slot of VAS.  Put a knot on each end, thread loop through slot, and put knots in cut out depressions on each side underneath (helps to use spray adhesive to hold in place).  Assemble shroud to helmet as usual.  Use a piece of paracord with a mini "S" hook to connect to shroud; use overhand knot through lanyard hole in -14's, or another "S" hook and ring for BNVD's.  I also put a piece of elastic around junction of paracord and "S" hook to keep it from "tinking" on the shroud.
View Quote
Thanks I ordered the screws from Ops Core. Hopefully there is an easy way to get the lanyard to work.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s for the Wilcox g66 permanent 3 hole mount.
G66
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It’s for the Wilcox g66 permanent 3 hole mount.
G66
View Quote
How does it attach to that? Does the lanyard just replace the female part of the Ops Core hardware kit (like remove the screw from the back of the lanyard and thread the screw into it that holds the shroud on)?
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Order the retainer cup from wilcoox.
Its $8
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Order the retainer cup from wilcoox.
Its $8
View Quote
Thanks. I emailed Wilcox about it because I couldn't find it anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How does it attach to that? Does the lanyard just replace the female part of the Ops Core hardware kit (like remove the screw from the back of the lanyard and thread the screw into it that holds the shroud on)?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:57:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you think the lanyard I have would also work with this part if I could find it?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you think the lanyard I have would also work with this part if I could find it?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20171017_175543-336191.png
View Quote
Yes it will.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yes it will.
View Quote
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top