Quoted:

What’s this?
View Quote
Google "peq 15 positive load"
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Agreed. If it had a white light and cost the same as this dbal supposedly is I’d have one instead of just testing out one.
View Quote
Personally, I wouldn't want my white light, visible laser, IR laser, and IR illuminator all tied into one unit. A battery going bad or a device crapping out would kill all of your illumination AND targeting capabilities in one go.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Personally, I wouldn't want my white light, visible laser, IR laser, and IR illuminator all tied into one unit. A battery going bad or a device crapping out would kill all of your illumination AND targeting capabilities in one go.
View Quote
Battery change is easy and I believe tnvc said the components are separate. So if one fails the rest still work.

Obviously there are exceptions but people tend to fight this stuff until they use it and it gets more common place. Think of how many things work together and are together. There are lots of benefits and few drawbacks.

Especially the white light. If it fails big deal. Just clamp your old one on. It’s not like it has to be re-zeroed

This thing is going to save me 6.4 ounces right off the bat. Not to mention it’s other new features.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I received an A3 and a D2 yesterday. I sent the D2 back today, if you want to run It on the top rail its just too tall.
While the illuminator of the D2 has its benefits, for me its extra bulk just isnt worth it in actual use. If i was going to add bulk it would need visible light aswell to justify it.. since the a4  is even larger im not sure itll be for everyone but at the same time the A3 has reach a level of bulk that the a4 might not be any worse.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I received an A3 and a D2 yesterday. I sent the D2 back today, if you want to run It on the top rail its just too tall.
While the illuminator of the D2 has its benefits, for me its extra bulk just isnt worth it in actual use. If i was going to add bulk it would need visible light aswell to justify it.. since the a4  is even larger im not sure itll be for everyone but at the same time the A3 has reach a level of bulk that the a4 might not be any worse.
View Quote
Yeah it’s Big. No doubt. I really wish the MAWL had a white light. Then I might actually get one. I’d bitch and moan like a little girl but add a white light to that thing and man oh man. Nice.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#7]
This is not GD. If you aren't contributing to the tech discussion, do not post.........<coctailer>
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#8]
This is not GD. If you aren't contributing to the tech discussion, do not post.........<coctailer>
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:01:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#11]
double tap
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Any demo videos yet?
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 10:20:03 PM EDT
[#14]
In my area, i still can't get a can of weyman's reserve long-cut black and still can't demo this A4.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Any updates? Are these still scheduled for a September release?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Any updates? Are these still scheduled for a September release?
View Quote
I received an email about my preorder from a vendor (not on here) that they have pushed it out til April
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:03:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I received an email about my preorder from a vendor (not on here) that they have pushed it out til April
View Quote
Just like the Sicario sequel
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 3:28:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We have never been told that. In fact, while I was visiting the Steiner facility in Ohio last month in conjunction with the "Friends of Pat Event" in Alliance, they (Steiner) had several hundred on the productions rack finishing completion.  No final release date, but never been told April. I will inquire again though.
View Quote
Is Steiner giving up their MSRP on them yet?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:12:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We have never been told that. In fact, while I was visiting the Steiner facility in Ohio last month in conjunction with the "Friends of Pat Event" in Alliance, they (Steiner) had several hundred on the productions rack finishing completion.  No final release date, but never been told April. I will inquire again though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the additional insight.  I though that seemed like a rather long bump, but it happens at times.  I look forward to hearing any news you can share.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:50:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Starting to go full on Schmidt & Bender 1-8...
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:22:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:28:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not as yet. They are still going over internal cost structures, in regards to assembly, engineering etc. They are getting pretty close to release though and that is a great thing even though it's been delayed due to a whole re-design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is Steiner giving up their MSRP on them yet?
Not as yet. They are still going over internal cost structures, in regards to assembly, engineering etc. They are getting pretty close to release though and that is a great thing even though it's been delayed due to a whole re-design.
Thanks. 
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Keep this on topic, or it will go in the trash.
View Quote
It is on topic...and I'm still waiting on the release or more information/a review on the device.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#29]
@TNVC how is the throw of the white light?

How does it stack up against a Scout M600U?
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@TNVC how is the throw of the white light?

How does it stack up against a Scout M600U?
View Quote
Hopefully similar but I'm not getting my hopes up. I've been underwhelmed with the throw on my mk4 light.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:35:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

A4 is 500 Lumen, M600U is 600.
View Quote
Understood. What’s the beam pattern?  Is is a flood...spot...there are several ways to employ that 500 lumens.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:02:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 12:54:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Any updates?
View Quote
Also interested.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#36]
I’ve lost all interest in the A4 at this point.  With surefire young the scout to 1500 lumens and going rechargeable.  

Just going to stay with my A3, especially since I’m white light 90% of the time.

Now just hoping TNVC comes out with a y cable for the the surefire and Steiner visible over ride or if not hopefully someone else does a similar product.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 8:27:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I’ve lost all interest in the A4 at this point.  With surefire young the scout to 1500 lumens and going rechargeable.  

Just going to stay with my A3, especially since I’m white light 90% of the time.

Now just hoping TNVC comes out with a y cable for the the surefire and Steiner visible over ride or if not hopefully someone else does a similar product.
View Quote
Yeah, but still I have an A3 also, and the limited range of the illumination is pretty sad. If they've truly got the red LED glow down to the level they claim, "10 yards within 1deg of cone of emitter" then it may be the holy grail for those of us unable or unwilling to afford a MAWL C1+.

For lightweight, 12oz is lighter than my A3+M300V combo by a fraction of an ounce (if the spec sheet is to be believed). So it would be close to 2oz lighter than an A3+M600U. And of course 3-4oz lighter than a MAWL C1+ with an M600U.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#38]
When looking at these devices, its really hard to look past the superiority of the MWAL switching. It does seem like the white light output of the A4 is going to be very quickly made to look obsolete by newly emerging products. Surefire has really upped their game it seems.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#39]
@TNVC dos this New model have any holes in the top for mounting Rail Scales LEAF sights?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I do not believe so...I can double check.
View Quote
Thanks, man. I appreciate it. I love having my Railscales LEAF on my A3. Especially since my SBR is fairly short and I don't really have room for regular irons plus a DBAL plus a TAPS switch all at 12 o'clock.

EDIT: Any chance for a pre-order group buy?
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
When looking at these devices, its really hard to look past the superiority of the MWAL switching. It does seem like the white light output of the A4 is going to be very quickly made to look obsolete by newly emerging products. Surefire has really upped their game it seems.
View Quote
Not unless surefire includes all the other stuff this thing has in one unit. And I’m a huge lumens guy but how many do you need inside a room?
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 1:31:37 AM EDT
[#43]
I like this idea of everything in one small package. Probably easy to move from one gun to another. I hope they start selling them soon.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 6:07:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not unless surefire includes all the other stuff this thing has in one unit. And I’m a huge lumens guy but how many do you need inside a room?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many lumens do you need outside?
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 1:03:56 AM EDT
[#45]
How many do you need when walking from sunlight into a dark room?
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

How many lumens do you need outside?
View Quote
You’re going to be using white light outside and not your nods?  I mean, there are scenarios but typically it’s clean up. Not direct action.

So before these high lumen lights came out no one could ever clear rooms?  No one ever came from sunlight to dark room? 500 lumens fromma quality light is plenty.  There is no popular lights in the 5-600 liken range now that are attached to tons of work rifles as we currently speak?

Some of you need to get a grip.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 2:27:31 AM EDT
[#47]
I remember when 60 lumens was end of the world bright.

The discussion point is the A4 is in danger of being outdated before its released. Why companies try to develop products after announcing them is beyond me.

Lumens aside, the A4 already seems like another box on a rail solution. Take all the other specs and put them aside for the time being. Its still not that much more advanced of a device from an ergonomic standpoint as stuff released years ago.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#48]
My opinion of the a4 light is that it should be designed with the idea of modular heads. Work with a company like surefire on a design that uses a common pattern head and then the a4 is future resistant.

Maybe this really does not matter though. I never used a peq16, anyone that has used a peq16, did you find the white light sufficient?
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 11:12:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I remember when 60 lumens was end of the world bright.

The discussion point is the A4 is in danger of being outdated before its released. Why companies try to develop products after announcing them is beyond me.

Lumens aside, the A4 already seems like another box on a rail solution. Take all the other specs and put them aside for the time being. Its still not that much more advanced of a device from an ergonomic standpoint as stuff released years ago.
View Quote
Most people i know use a tape switch so ergos isn’t really applicable. Even people with the MAWL use a switch for their light.

If the MAWL just had a damn white light it would be the perfect device and I’d buy one despite the price.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top