BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 145
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brandon_:

FWIW, and if anyone's curious...here's what I got for $167.50.  No idea if it's real or fake or will actually stop whatever it claims to be rated for.  For what I wanted it for, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

https://i.imgur.com/iUPRKom.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/sxoArK3.jpg
View Quote
I'm not gonna lie, picked up the same exact one.

From my research, a company out in China creates these ballistic copies of the Ops-core.
I don't think I can link the website here, but I can shoot through IM if you want to learn more about it.

Just throw some 4d or HHV pads in there and you have a functional "bump" helmet.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By smokedoff:
This is my first helmet and first nv setup, although I’ve had a few bc scopes.  I want to do a little different with my battery wire, maybe a 90 on the usb end if I can find it.

Ops Core
SiOnyx Aurora (I know, I’m poor)

https://i.imgur.com/pbiVL0q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/X3NLbDE.jpg
View Quote
Link to those ear pro mounts?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
The rigs:

Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:07:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smokedoff] [#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smokedoff:
This is my first helmet and first nv setup, although I’ve had a few bc scopes.  I want to do a little different with my battery wire, maybe a 90 on the usb end if I can find it.

Ops Core
SiOnyx Aurora (I know, I’m poor)

https://i.imgur.com/pbiVL0q.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/X3NLbDE.jpg
I bought this setup mostly used, I’ll have to ask the original owner if he knows.

ETA: Peltor Z3AD.....I think
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By night9:
The rigs:

https://i.imgur.com/eexUi4a.png
View Quote
What's the PC all the way on the left?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:07:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#6]
Originally Posted By alphajaguars:

View Quote
S&S percision plate frame...maybe?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:
View All Quotes

Yep
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
A&A Tactical did up this helmet cover for my maritime with a sewn-on battery pack pouch. Really like how it turned out - they've got them for sale here if you're interested (they'll do the BPR version on request).

Link Posted: 12/11/2019 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes

Pretty neat!
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By night9:
The rigs:

https://i.imgur.com/eexUi4a.png
View Quote
What model are the two First Spear's?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 10:58:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By enasty7:

What model are the two First Spear's?
View Quote
Right to left, S&S maritime, LBT 6084 slick with mayflower UW rig, strandhogg, crye 2.0 maritime, strandhogg
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Forgot I had this bad boy in my second home.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is my Protec Bravo half shell. I was one of the last to get these from TNVC. I like to mess with stuff and added new x nape harness, counterweight, nitecore beacon, surefire 300v, and recently did my first camo job.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 2:59:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC_Augee] [#15]
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 3:14:19 AM EDT
[#16]
My work in progress.

Link Posted: 12/17/2019 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#17]
@TNVC_Augee

How do you like the Fast SF helmet, and how would you say it compares with the maritime? I've currently got a maritime, but also have a Fast SF on order through Gentex. I'm going to keep one of them, and pass the other one off to my brother. I'm wagering I'll keep the new one, but if it's not too much of a difference, I may just give him the new one.

That said, I do like the new shroud and putting the bungees there vs. from the rail.
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 5:23:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Conspiro-Agnew] [#19]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:
The Lux Liner alone is worth it (I have one in my XP as well) if you don't have one in the Maritime.

The FAST SF also has equivalent ballistic performance to the FAST XP, whereas the Maritime had a slightly lower rating--FWIW, the FAST XP and FAST SF comply with the Army ACH standards.

The MBS is a nice shroud with a nice design, and a big improvement over the VAS and VAS Skeleton shrouds with the Wilcox-style insert, though I still think that the interface lockup is better on the Wilcox shrouds, but Wilcox has so far declined to build a bungee shroud, so Ops-Core did it themselves.

How much do you like your brother?

I'd keep the FAST SF.

~Augee
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:
@TNVC_Augee

How do you like the Fast SF helmet, and how would you say it compares with the maritime? I've currently got a maritime, but also have a Fast SF on order through Gentex. I'm going to keep one of them, and pass the other one off to my brother. I'm wagering I'll keep the new one, but if it's not too much of a difference, I may just give him the new one.

That said, I do like the new shroud and putting the bungees there vs. from the rail.
The Lux Liner alone is worth it (I have one in my XP as well) if you don't have one in the Maritime.

The FAST SF also has equivalent ballistic performance to the FAST XP, whereas the Maritime had a slightly lower rating--FWIW, the FAST XP and FAST SF comply with the Army ACH standards.

The MBS is a nice shroud with a nice design, and a big improvement over the VAS and VAS Skeleton shrouds with the Wilcox-style insert, though I still think that the interface lockup is better on the Wilcox shrouds, but Wilcox has so far declined to build a bungee shroud, so Ops-Core did it themselves.

How much do you like your brother?

I'd keep the FAST SF.

~Augee
Haha! My brother's a pretty good guy.... buuuuut I may keep the SF when it comes in. He'll still be getting a good hook up. Got the H-Nape lux liner in the maritime, so it's nice and comfy.

So, if I may, another question, speaking of lux liners. The only two options I had when ordering from Gentex was either the OCC dial or the worm thing. I got the dial, but to be honest, really prefer the h-nape, having used both before. I currently only have the h-nape, so I can't do a side by side comparison. Do you know if I will have to buy a whole new h-nape lux setup to swap out, or would I be able to just pull the OCC dial parts, and replace with just the H-Nape chinstrap? Thanks again for the feedback.

ETA - also, edited to add proof that I'm not copying you, I promise, as I ordered not only the same helmet, but also the same cover. You've got good taste.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/17/2019 5:56:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwramp] [#20]
**examines closely for unreleased products**

I see you couldn't resist the RNVGs with AVS glass. Very nice and wouldn't expect anything less from you
I remember reading one of your posts on that stuff recently and it was so chock-full of acronyms and part numbers it just whooshed right over my head. When guys ask about that stuff I point them in your direction because I sure can't keep track of all the different lenses and coatings that are floating around.
I like that helmet cover installed underneath the shroud - very clean.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 2:58:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 3:57:45 AM EDT
[#22]
@Conspiro-Agnew

As far as I can tell, you should be able to swap out the OCC Dial on the FAST SF with an H-Nape with no real issues, unlike the integrated fit band used with the traditional FAST OCC-Dial, but honestly you’re talking crazy talk to me.

My FAST SF has the OCC-Dial because the OCC is by far the most popular and that’s the way this one came. FWIW, I do prefer the new FAST SF OCC-Dial, which has a “floating” nape system that is slightly redesigned compared to the “Legacy” OCC-Dial, and is larger and better padded, better distributing the weight and pressure than the “Legacy” OCC-Dial system.

Honestly, the Worm Dial is my favorite suspension due to the lower profile, though, then the OCC-Dial, then the H-Nape, which I pretty much only use to retrofit helmets that don’t have fit band liners—IMHO, the semi-rigid Ops-Core suspensions are the best system for maintaining helmet stability, especially with NVGs, making it well worth the extra “pressure” of the fit band, and I far prefer the rigidity of the Ops-Core system to (e.g.,) the soft TW Cam-Fit, though I could see how it could depend on head shape with the band running along your temples.

FWIW, I think Ops-Core does have a P/N for the FAST SF with the H-Nape, but honestly I lose track, as the FAST SF has something like four or five color options, four sizes, Skeleton Shroud vs. MBS, three suspension options, and right or left eye dominant, plus Carbon or Ballistic when you’re talking about the whole FAST SF family, the number of permutations of SKUs can get pretty out of hand pretty quick, and putting them all in a drop down menu would not only be daunting, but would probably end up confusing customers more than they potentially already are.

In interests of full disclosure, the Ops-Core helmet covers are nice (and the FAST SF-specific cover is great as well, though it looks like you got the Legacy MT cover), but the cover on mine is a non-cataloged First Spear hybrid cover.

~Augee
View Quote
Oh wow, thanks for that follow up, Augee! Given your feedback, I’ll definitely wait and check out the OCC when it comes in, I like the sound of the floating pads more than my experience with the old version. Always felt like something was lacking in that area.

Roger on the cover, was hard to tell, and there’s so many options. I do like First Spears too, I’ve got a solid RG one on the maritime (see below), but figured for less than 60 bucks with the sale, I’d give the OC one a go.

Thanks again for the info. Waiting for Gentex is almost like a short NFA wait, heh... except the helmet cost more than most of my cans.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Finally broke down and bought some Comtacs
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 8:38:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BOONEA] [#24]
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 8:45:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#25]
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Borrowed a PD buddy's 31s for some photos -

Link Posted: 12/25/2019 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Finally broke down and bought some Comtacs
https://i.imgur.com/HPfP4a0.jpg
View Quote
@-KentuckyWindage-  How do you like the Unity Marks on the TW exfil? Are they the standard length or the longer wires?

I got a HHV bump and sent it back. Really disappointed with the cheap feel. I had already bought the mlok unity marks for the HHV too.

Also do you like the 2.0 over the 3.0? I like running a separate IR light and it seems like it’d be nice to have the inline picatinny rail
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 7:16:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -KentuckyWindage-] [#28]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:

@-KentuckyWindage-  How do you like the Unity Marks on the TW exfil? Are they the standard length or the longer wires?

I got a HHV bump and sent it back. Really disappointed with the cheap feel. I had already bought the mlok unity marks for the HHV too.

Also do you like the 2.0 over the 3.0? I like running a separate IR light and it seems like it’d be nice to have the inline picatinny rail
View Quote
@762huntet2

I really like the unity marks, mine are the standards. Team Wendy is top notch gear, buy with confidence. The 3.0 wasn't out when I bought mine but I use a Unity Remora for my IR lighting needs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By markusej69:
Here is my Protec Bravo half shell. I was one of the last to get these from TNVC. I like to mess with stuff and added new x nape harness, counterweight, nitecore beacon, surefire 300v, and recently did my first camo job.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184033/EE35E383-DC6A-4A04-81D0-5BD3378AC992_jpeg-1198607.JPG
View Quote
Your flag is facing backwards.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:47:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nnelson9] [#30]
Originally Posted By MunnyShot:
View All Quotes
Here is my Protec Bravo half shell. I was one of the last to get these from TNVC. I like to mess with stuff and added new x nape harness, counterweight, nitecore beacon, surefire 300v, and recently did my first camo job.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/184033/EE35E383-DC6A-4A04-81D0-5BD3378AC992_jpeg-1198607.JPG
Flags on right side have the stars forward.  Same as we roll in .mil

Stars face forward in highest position of honor on the right side - moving toward enemy with flag in hand, the stripes would flow to the rear.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:52:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Nnelson9:

Stars face forward in highest position of honor on the right side - moving toward enemy with flag in hand, the stripes would flow to the rear.
View Quote
Bingo!
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

Pretty sure that comment is just a meme around here. Can be safely ignored.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jwramp:
View All Quotes

Bait = taken

Sad!
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
You didn't look at the image did you? Lol
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:28:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By wissota4:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wissota4:

Sad! I already subtracted 3 internets from my total
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Pic thread

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:23:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nmxdavenn] [#37]

I need a heavier counterweight.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 11:59:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Upgraded my Team Wendy LTP with the rail 3.0 and corresponding TW helmet cover. If you run a battery pack, this cover has a great cable management system. If you have extra cable like I do, it's got plenty of loops to secure it. It freshened up the ole LTP and it's a fairly inexpensive update.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 1:52:48 AM EDT
[#39]
I snagged everybody's helmets during TNVC's NF101 class last weekend for a quick photo - here they all are:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48996015562_678a97ee25_o.jpg
View Quote
Anyway we can get a list of the helmets?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By VIP3R:

Anyway we can get a list of the helmets?
View Quote
They’re pretty much all Ops Core and Team Wendy variants of different sorts, here’s closeups if you want to zoom in - https://www.jwramp.com/news/night-vision-helmet-setups
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:45:58 PM EDT
[#41]
I haven’t updated my dome since probably 2012. In the process of it and came across this great product for mounting my IR light. I’m super late to the party.

Link Posted: 1/11/2020 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#42]
What are some good semi-budget options for mounting lights on arc rails?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 4:03:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Duals finally came in, but still waiting on my Fast FS which I ordered back in Aug...

The ops core bump is working out fine though after adding 4D pads.

Link Posted: 1/12/2020 4:12:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Can anyone more familiar with this thread tell me if I saw the following

A member with a tricorn hat on mannequin and opposite a modern nightvision helmet. Maybe a flag between the two on a mantel?

My wife is decorating our mantel and I wanted to show her.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
What am I missing here?
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:21:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwramp] [#47]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:
What am I missing here?
View Quote
I would guess that fancy extension plug connecting his PVS-31s (or maybe other goggles that will soon have an external battery pack adapter with a phallic name and RNVGs) to whatever battery pack you want instead of an expensive -31 one.

Had a buddy pick up an old ANVIS pack trying to use it with his new RNVGs and the cable was way too short. Cheap pack + (hopefully affordable) extension = niiiice.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#48]

I would guess that fancy extension plug connecting his PVS-31s (or maybe other goggles that will soon have an external battery pack adapter with a phallic name and RNVGs) to whatever battery pack you want instead of an expensive -31 one.

Had a buddy pick up an old ANVIS pack trying to use it with his new RNVGs and the cable was way too short. Cheap pack + (hopefully affordable) extension = niiiice.
View Quote
That's odd... The last ANVIS pack I picked up had so much extra cable I had to stuff it into the pouch the pack was in.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:

That's odd... The last ANVIS pack I picked up had so much extra cable I had to stuff it into the pouch the pack was in.
View Quote
It won't reach the RNVG Lemo port but it is too long if using the Anvis pack with ball detent mount with it's own cable. I got the same problem, extra cable from the pack side.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 3:08:31 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote
Thanks for the info.
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top