BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 145
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:19:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
You need to link to an actual picture file, it needs to end in .jpg or similar. Us the picture attachment not the url link, it'll have [url] brackets.
I'm not sure if icloud works for embedding pictures on this website. I used to use imgur, but with a paid account we can upload pictures directly now.
View Quote

Exactly what he said brother!
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 2:15:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stillnothere] [#2]
Waiting for those Russians to show up
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 9:30:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LoopyChef95] [#3]
Helmet- Avon n49 ULW with Team Wendy Camfit & Epic Air Pads
NVG- Nocturn Ind. Katana L3 24ua built by AC Night Vision
Camo- Pencott Badlands nylon fabric glued with E6000
Ear Pro- Opscore AMPs with Noisefighters gel cups and heatsyncs
NVG Retention- Costa Defense SRS with NFMI plugs inside
IR Light- Princeton Tec Charge Pro
Counterweight- Explosive Ops Gear low profile counterweight with battery holder
Mount- Wilcox G22

8 oz. of lead counterweight

DIY Tarsiers

Video through my left tube with a Zenitco Perst 2
(Zenitco Perst 2) Night Vision Walk in the Mountains with a Full Moon
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:50:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LoopyChef95:
Helmet- Avon n49 ULW with Team Wendy Camfit & Epic Air Pads
NVG- Nocturn Ind. Katana L3 24ua built by AC Night Vision
Camo- Pencott Badlands nylon fabric glued with E6000
Ear Pro- Opscore AMPs with Noisefighters gel cups and heatsyncs
NVG Retention- Costa Defense SRS with NFMI plugs inside
IR Light- Princeton Tec Charge Pro
Counterweight- Explosive Ops Gear low profile counterweight with battery holder
Mount- Wilcox G22

https://images2.imgbox.com/63/27/GhzDSrd2_o.jpg

https://images2.imgbox.com/79/a5/luPlg47f_o.jpg

8 oz. of lead counterweight
https://images2.imgbox.com/5f/5c/uRQKkMhF_o.jpg

DIY Tarsiers
https://images2.imgbox.com/0a/ae/mqfwOdX1_o.jpg

Video through my left tube with a Zenitco Perst 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_uO9JPmwKw
View Quote

Do the rails on the avon accept opscore accessories?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#5]
They are ARC rails however idk if the mandibles will fit since the square holes aren't as recessed as the Opscore ones.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 1:53:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Probably ventilation :D
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By deadbeef:
Probably ventilation :D
View Quote

Exactly. Its a TW Backcountry Helmet and the little switch controls all the vents with 3 settings (Open, Half Open, Closed).
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#11]

PURE AWESOMENESS!! OOH-RAH!
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#12]
After chatting with @TYDEMAN about helmets, I got curious and weighed mine.  I don't use the IR lights too often so I could shave some ounces there but I like having the option.  I gravitate to the bump b/c it's sooo comfy, literally perfect.  Thinking I'm might try switching the ballistic to OCC dial  b/c I like it so much.

This is each one loaded up but no NODs.  Gear includes:
- Ops Core Bump w/ OCC Dial
- Gentex with Ops Core Nape and OC rails

Each Includes:
- 4D pads
- TMVC Mohawk
- Lead counterweights (3 each)
- IR markers
- Ops Core Amp arms
- Howard Leights on one, AMPs on the other
- Wilcox G24
- Inforce WML IR
- patches for increased ballistic protection

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
After chatting with @TYDEMAN about helmets, I got curious and weighed mine.  I don't use the IR lights too often so I could shave some ounces there but I like having the option.  I gravitate to the bump b/c it's sooo comfy, literally perfect.  Thinking I'm might try switching the ballistic to OCC dial  b/c I like it so much.

Each Includes:
- 4D pads
- TMVC Mohawk
- IR markers
- Ops Core Amp arms
- Wilcox G24
- Inforce WML IR
https://i.imgur.com/vtsxvRvh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jtlIY7yh.jpg
View Quote

You just jump started my brain housing group. Need to find the old scale I used for XXX and do this myself. Throw your NODs on and let's see. Got those Duals??

The last bullet point is 99% correct too - LMFAO!
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#14]
@DV8EDD

NICE SETUPS!

Can’t wait to get mine....

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GunnyFitz:

You just jump started my brain housing group. Need to find the old scale I used for XXX and do this myself. Throw your NODs on and let's see. Got those Duals??

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Each Includes:
- 4D pads
- TMVC Mohawk
- IR markers
- Ops Core Amp arms
- Wilcox G24
- Inforce WML IR
https://i.imgur.com/vtsxvRvh.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jtlIY7yh.jpg

I do switch units here and there so PVS with Wilcox J-Arm, TRex lanyard and two AA batteries in the lanyard battery holder adds 15.6 ounces.  RNVG with NERD adds 21.6 ounces.

Here's how they look with NODs.  Should have my multicam wrap soon for the RNVG and I'm thinking multicam cover for the ballistic.  Arid multicam on the PVS 14 b/cit was in stock and I thought I'd see how it looked.

Link Posted: 3/6/2022 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TYDEMAN:
@DV8EDD

NICE SETUPS!

Can’t wait to get mine....

View Quote

excited to see your review when it comes in.  can't recall seeing anyone here review that helmet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]
excited to see your review when it comes in.  can't recall seeing anyone here review that helmet.
View Quote

Ditto man! I'm trying to figure out where I should write my entire purchase to dedicated NV setup. That Team Wendy Carbon EXFIL Bump with I told you about. This rig is unreal and I want to make sure anyone contemplating a TW Lid knows EVERYTHING to make such an educated buy. That and all the additions on it. Was actually thinking of a separate thread off this one.

Semper Fi....  
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Ditto man! I'm trying to figure out where I should write my entire purchase to dedicated NV setup. That Team Wendy Carbon EXFIL Bump with I told you about. This rig is unreal and I want to make sure anyone contemplating a TW Lid knows EVERYTHING to make such an educated buy. That and all the additions on it. Was actually thinking of a separate thread off this one.

Semper Fi....  
View Quote

whatever you do pics pics pics
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#19]
whatever you do pics pics pics
View Quote

I have many and will do so my friend. It may be awhile. Just had to put my PTSD Service Dog to sleep this am. Cancer both inside and out ran him into the ground. He couldn't stand on his own since yesterday and wasn't eating or drinking. The void and silence is deafening after 10 yrs literally by my side 24/7 - more than my own wife.

Semper Fidelis,

Gunny
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#20]

I have many and will do so my friend. It may be awhile. Just had to put my PTSD Service Dog to sleep this am. Cancer both inside and out ran him into the ground. He couldn't stand on his own since yesterday and wasn't eating or drinking. The void and silence is deafening after 10 yrs literally by my side 24/7 - more than my own wife.

Semper Fidelis,

Gunny
View Quote

Thoughts and prayers man. Stay strong and know that your brothers love and care for you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By x_red_beard_x:

Thoughts and prayers man. Stay strong and know that your brothers love and care for you.
View Quote

same, so sorry to hear Gunny.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#22]
No one is gonna ask??

How in god's name did you attach the Ops-Core AMP Helmet Rail Mount to the Crye Precision Airframe? Is it fully functional?? Can you turn the arms? Or it's just door hinged?

Thanks in advanced.

Ps. Can't believe no one asked this question. You are the only picture of this combo on the internet.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By haroldyoung550:
No one is gonna ask??

How in god's name did you attach the Ops-Core AMP Helmet Rail Mount to the Crye Precision Airframe? Is it fully functional?? Can you turn the arms? Or it's just door hinged?

Thanks in advanced.

Ps. Can't believe no one asked this question. You are the only picture of this combo on the internet.
View Quote

I'm not sure who this question was meant for but since my photos are most recent, just in case that was meant for me, the ballistic helmet in my photos is a Gentex shell with Ops Core rails.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 1:42:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

What PVS14 housing is that?
View Quote

https://nocturnindustries.com/shop-all/p/tanto
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 10:35:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I really like it aside from the no manual gain control.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Wife braving the snow to try some things out. MOD-3Bs on DPAM and Ops Maritime. 24mm and 85mm lenses on a GEM II. M81 wraps + helmet cover.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 7:16:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#28]
@jwramp Nice, you got a keeper!!

Not helmet specific exactly but i just wrapped my RNVG and also picked up a TNVC pouch.  The wrap is great, way better than the Arid one i got for my PVS.  Just looks better IMO.

I like the TNVC pouch quite a bit.  Sort of wish there was maybe another separate pocket/section.  It'll fit more than one unit (pouch has zipper expansion option) but they could rub together in transit.  Not a big deal though, I still like it a lot, wouldn't want it to be over-pockety like many bags tend to be these days.  Fits nicely inside the helmet for transit as well, big plus.  Material definitely seems durable as well, definitely a keeper.

ETA: TNVC sent me a patch with a recent order, not sure if it's random or if I hit a $ threshold (I be spending) but it was cool to get a little swag nonetheless.

Link Posted: 3/12/2022 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#30]
No more HHV.  Ops Core from now on.

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 11:52:37 PM EDT
[#31]

How do you like the panobridge?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#32]

Semper Fidelis,

Gunny
View Quote

I hate to hear that, Gunny. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and hopes that time will ease the pain of his loss. I still get messed up thinking about my dog I put down in 2016 that got me through a lot of shit (my shooting, a few breakups, family issues, you name it). I was only blessed with him for eight years but I think he is going to hold the title of "best dog ever" for eternity, for me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By floridahunter07:
I hate to hear that, Gunny. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and hopes that time will ease the pain of his loss. I still get messed up thinking about my dog I put down in 2016 that got me through a lot of shit (my shooting, a few breakups, family issues, you name it). I was only blessed with him for eight years but I think he is going to hold the title of "best dog ever" for eternity, for me.
View Quote

Realizing this is a "Helmet Thread" I just wanted to express my gratitude to those of you fellow Members who've taken the time to write both here and email me. That's a Brotherhood looking out for each other! So sorry to hear of the tough challenges you went thru floridahunter - but I'm glad you pushed off the X and came out on the other side ready to fight! I could easily circle up in a fetal position in the corner, but I've chosen to memorialize Russell in a more honorable way since his life was about me. Picked up ashes yesterday and cried my eyes out holding them in my hand. Few pics of the shrine with items family & friends sent.

Figured I'd drop some of my new Team Wendy Carbon EXFIL Bump decked out too! Totally love the Wilcox G69 since it's a dedicated NV Lid, and even comes with a little wire Lanyard though I run a NERD as well. I'm not happy with the TW Bungees at all since the Peltor Quick Attach Mount fills up the hole where the bungees are supposed to Thread thru. I really don't need them.

Word of caution to those looking to buy a TW Lid. I fell in between sizes and though they advise you go up to Size 2 it was too big in my opinion. Wish I had gone w Size 1 - but like almost everyone else here the 4D Pads fixed that right up for me! DTNVS w L3 Unfilmed WP courtesy of Nocturnality-Gear.

Semper Fidelis guys!
Gunny

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#34]
File size on Helmet pics maxed out so here we go.....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:25:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Very cool and fitting way to remember Russell Fitz, he'll be smiling on you.

And holy moly that helmet looks comfy man!
Link Posted: 3/17/2022 8:46:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunnyFitz] [#36]
Very cool and fitting way to remember Russell Fitz, he'll be smiling on you.
And holy moly that helmet looks comfy man!
View Quote

As stated in emails, I'm genuinely appreciative brother! Day by day...

In addition to the TW Bump I have 2 Ballistic Lids as well. One OP/Gentex and this Shellback Tactical, which I'm super impressed with as far as comfort goes. Right out of the box it comes with a great OCC/BOA Dial. I need to weigh each one of them complete with accessories. I really like the TW Counterweights and their retention cord in the back.
Due to the wicked discount I got, I totally overbought too many TW accessories so anyone in need ping me.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 1:38:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#38]

Awesome
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 2:23:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ_SBR] [#39]
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Wheres a good place to buy some patches. Tired of the typical flag and medical ones.
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Ar15Niel:
Wheres a good place to buy some patches. Tired of the typical flag and medical ones.
View Quote
Go nuts:
https://tacticaloutfitters.net/collections/morale-patches
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 9:14:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#43]
View Quote

Left cold on purpose.

https://weaponsgradewaifus.com/collections/patches

https://www.tacticalbaconpatches.com/collections/patches

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 9:37:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

nice, looks good.  What helmet is that? YNVC Mohawk on back?
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Nothing special, but it’s my first set up and I’m learning as I go.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Photo from the Nocturnality Symposium 2022 two weekends ago. Thanks to @JWRamp for the photo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 1:29:56 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

https://patchpanel.ca
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#50]

nice, looks good.  What helmet is that? YNVC Mohawk on back?
View Quote

Ops Core Fast SF with TNVC Mohawk Mk1 (Gen 2).
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top