Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well that’s a first…
View Quote

1/13… Daaaannggg…that’s probably one of the first!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Can someone post a redacted picture of their approved trap stamp please?
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

The picture from Reddit I posted on page one is an approved Form 1. There is no stamp to take a picture of. A stamp is a receipt for a tax paid. Brace rule doesn’t require tax, you don’t get a receipt for it, just like any other tax exempt transfer/registration.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The picture from Reddit I posted on page one is an approved Form 1. There is no stamp to take a picture of. A stamp is a receipt for a tax paid. Brace rule doesn’t require tax, you don’t get a receipt for it, just like any other tax exempt transfer/registration.
View Quote

Sorry for the confusion.  Yes we all know that there is no actual stamp on the approved trap stamps.

I should have been clear in the original request.

Could someone please post a redacted picture of their individual conditionally approved trap stamp (Form 1 with no stamp), please.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sorry for the confusion.  Yes we all know that there is no actual stamp on the approved trap stamps.

Could someone please post a redacted picture of their individual conditionally approved trap stamp (Form 1 with no stamp), please.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The picture from Reddit I posted on page one is an approved Form 1. There is no stamp to take a picture of. A stamp is a receipt for a tax paid. Brace rule doesn't require tax, you don't get a receipt for it, just like any other tax exempt transfer/registration.

I haven't gotten any of mine back yet, but it should look exactly like the trust approval on page 1 other than item 2 will have the checkbox for individual rather than trust.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Been watching for trust updates as well.  I submitted 2, 1 is pending research for caliber not matching what was already in the system.  Waiting to see what happens as this is my first time submitting eform in over 9 years plus amended trust.
View Quote

How long have you been in pending research at this point?
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 2:13:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I submitted 3/18.  Still pending research as of this morning.
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a 80% submitted 2/12  pending till today when it went into processing.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#9]
So are the brace amnesty form 1’s on a Trust unicorn fleece at this point? - no real evidence that any have been approved?

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 3:14:37 PM EDT
[#10]
somebody posted 3 approval for trust  from 1/20 in reddit NFA megathread yesterday or day before.  control numbers were 202324xxxx range
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
somebody posted 3 approval for trust  from 1/20 in reddit NFA megathread yesterday or day before.  control numbers were 202324xxxx range
View Quote

I would be interested to know if the guys who got approvals notarized their Schedule B.

ATF Responded to my question:

Q: Are signed and dated Schedules (prior to 31 JAN 23), attached to a signed, dated, and notarized Body, sufficient to meet the requirement that the braced pistols are held within the Trust prior to 31 JAN 23?

A: If the trust was created and the firearms put into the trust prior to 01/31/23 and the trust documentation supports that then you can register them into the trust.  If these items are and were in your trust prior to 01/31/23 then file your form 1 and submit the documents and they will be reviewed when your form is processed.

Follow up: It is still unclear if a signed Schedule B is sufficient. Can you please formally respond yes/ no to the question:

Q: Are signed and dated Schedules (prior to 31 JAN 23), attached to a signed, dated, and notarized Body, sufficient to meet the requirement that the braced pistols are held within the Trust prior to 31 JAN 23?

A: The entire trust document must have been signed, dated and notarized prior to 01/31/23 including the schedules. In other words, if the trust itself was not created until after 01/31/23, the schedules cannot pre-date the creation of the trust.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]
‘Including the schedules’

So they do want the schedule with the items on it notarized before the 1/31 date.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:57:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
‘Including the schedules’

So they do want the schedule with the items on it notarized before the 1/31 date.
View Quote

They’ve approved several that aren’t notarized. The were filed before 1/31, making notarization kinda pointless. If you submitted them prior to 1/31, that means the trust owned it before the deadline.

I’ve only seen one post 1/31 trust submission approved. So, no one is 100% sure what they submitted to prove ownership.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:05:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had forms sitting in pending research for about 60 days. They're all submitted or approved now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I’ve only seen one post 1/31 trust submission approved. So, no one is 100% sure what they submitted to prove ownership.
View Quote

That was their answer, but I'm still going to wait a bit before I pull and resubmit as an individual before the deadline.

Those of us in the NFA game for a long time know- if you don't like the answer, ask again and it will be a different response from a different person.

BATFE has no clue what they are doing.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine from 2/4 is in Submitted still. Does it just go from there to approved if there’s no problems/issues/questions?
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mine from 2/4 is in Submitted still. Does it just go from there to approved if there's no problems/issues/questions?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I submitted 4 braces on a trust on 1/31/23. used paper prints. they just went from submitted to pending research... hopefully that means things are moving in the right direction.
Link Posted: 4/20/2023 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#19]
When is the deadline?

-and what happens to the submitted firearms if they have not been approved by the time the deadline hits?

Link Posted: 4/20/2023 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
When is the deadline?

-and what happens to the submitted firearms if they have not been approved by the time the deadline hits?

View Quote
Per the reg, they just want them submitted before the May 31st cutoff.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I submitted my first free Form 1 on the ATF's website on February 21st 2023, under the pistol brace rule using my gun trust.  I then submitted a couple more free Form 1's to register some more AR pistols using my gun trust during the first week of March.  I mailed all my fingerprints using priority mail.  All were approved today, April 21st.
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I submitted my first free Form 1 on the ATF's website on February 21st 2023, under the pistol brace rule using my gun trust.  I then submitted a couple more free Form 1's to register some more AR pistols using my gun trust during the first week of March.  I mailed all my fingerprints using priority mail.  All were approved today, April 21st.
View Quote

Nice. Good to see more trust approvals
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dang! Congrats. Mine from 2/4 is still ‘submitted’.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I submitted trust "tax forbearance" Form 1 on 4/9/2023 and was approved 4/30/2023.

I submitted a notarized copy of trust assignment (dated 1/16/23) and a 24 month trust exemption letter along with digital prints.

Spooky
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I submitted 6 on 15 Jan.  5 got disapproved for an admin rror and I resubmitted in mid Apr.
I have no idea why they didn't disapprove the 6th, but I submitted corrected paperwork for it.  They're all still "submitted".
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 7:01:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is no stamp.  This has been covered a bazillion times.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So are the brace amnesty form 1’s on a Trust unicorn fleece at this point? - no real evidence that any have been approved?

View Quote

I think they're going to wait until 120 day expires, disapprove on questionable technical.or administrative grounds, then deny any new applications as after the deadline.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I think they're going to wait until 120 day expires, disapprove on questionable technical.or administrative grounds, then deny any new applications as after the deadline.
View Quote

I had several, on a 2 party trust, approved 5/16.  I submitted them with electronic fingerprints on 2/8, so it took 97 days.  The assignment to the trust was also notarized.
I still have more outstanding that were submitted 1/31.  Those have now been waiting 108 days.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#29]
I have 4 approved and waiting on 5 more.  dates are 4/15 thru 4/29.  Everything I had got worked on A Saturday by same examiner (disapproval on 2 for my error and approval of 4 on same day).  It was 2 weeks apart and it has been 2 weeks since last status change.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#30]
my trust had 14 approved 8 days ago.

11 submitted 02/10/23
11 batch denied around 04/20/23 (forgot to add my assignment pages)

14 resubmitted around 04/25/23
14 batch approved 05/13/23

all "trust property".
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have 4 approved and waiting on 5 more.  dates are 4/15 thru 4/29.  Everything I had got worked on A Saturday by same examiner (disapproval on 2 for my error and approval of 4 on same day).  It was 2 weeks apart and it has been 2 weeks since last status change.  Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
View Quote

+1 mine were approved at like 6am on a saturday morning.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Nothing this past Sat.  Maybe this week then
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#33]
More info from submitted questions:

Q: Is there a mechanism for corrections or resubmission of forms after the window has closed, for forms submitted as part of the tax forbearance? Can a Trust Form 1 be converted to Individual in this case?

A: Yes, if your forms are disapproved for some reason, you will have a window of time to submit new correct forms.  This information will be contained in the disapproved form.

Q: Is it possible to retain the permit numbers (in sequence) for the already submitted Trust Forms (which are believed to be fully compliant) and also submit in duplicate as an Individual? TRUST NAME would cancel the individual Form 1s after the Trust Form 1s are approved, or continue them, if for some reason they are not.  

A: No, you should not submit duplicate forms.

Q: Will the ATF simply extend the tax forbearance period to resolve these issues, and the existing questions surrounding Director Dettelbach's testimony before Congress contrary to published ATF guidance on FR 2021R-08F?

A: I am not familiar with Dettelbach’s testimony or what you are referring to.  The tax forbearance period will not be extended.  Your initial submission must be received prior to 11:59pm on 05/31/23 but there will be additional time extended if your form is disapproved for incomplete or missing information on your original submission.  That window of time and submission instructions to submit a new and corrected form will be contained in the disapproved form at the time of disapproval.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Four items in a trust formed prior to the cut off. I have paper prints. Do I need a set of two prints for each item = 8 sets of prints or will one set of two work when I submit today?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#35]
No.   Clearly stated that you can submit 2 copies per responsible person, but all of the cover letters must accompany those prints
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Submitted 4/4, approved 6/14, total of 4 people on the trust.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#37]
OP here.

I have 4 still pending that I submitted mid February.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 3:55:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
OP here.

I have 4 still pending that I submitted mid February.
View Quote

I got one back approved yesterday that I submitted 2/9. Trust with notarized schedule of Non NFA items dated

1/24/23. I still have another one submitted 3/28 on the trust. I had planned to hold it until the first one was

approved, then submit it under the 24 month rule. It started looking like I possibly would not get the first one back in

time to do that so I submitted it like I did the first one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Just replying to this one to complete the record- I received 18 x Form1s approved today using a non-notarized Schedule A signed before the window closed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2023 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just replying to this one to complete the record- I received 18 x Form1s approved today using a non-notarized Schedule A signed before the window closed.
View Quote

Still haven’t heard a peep on any of mine.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Got an email about a trust sbr amnesty from February today.
Seems I forgot to get signatures for the responsible parties.
Resubmitted.  Will see when it gets approved.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Good to hear they are being approved.  I submitted 6 form 1 trusts with notarized schedule B on 4/20. Glad I have a chance, haven’t really been thinking about them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:44:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Approved today.  two person trust.

i have an individual disapproved. i forgot to sign and date as maker after the questions.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally got the approval on my last one, almost right at 6 months on this one.  The other one entered on the same date was approved in 2 months.

3/18 - entered, went pending research due to caliber not in drop down options

4/29 - updated to submitted

9/14 - approved
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top