User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ATF made that mistake and now trying to fix it for OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The part I still dont understand- is how did you end up with an approved form?
ATF made that mistake and now trying to fix it for OP.
Yeah I get that part. I wasn't exactly being literal in my question. I just dont see how they called and mailed letters to the transferring dealer, and those went unanswered, and yet it was still marked approved with no further notification from ATF. "How did this fall through the cracks?" I guess would have been a more apropriate way, but I don't expect ATF to give me an answer to that, should I ever ask them. What if OP never questioned it, cashed the check and went about his life? He thinks he is legal owner of a controlled item.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
@PalmettoStateArmory

You must hire a competent person to oversee your NFA items. This person must be responsible for receiving communications from the ATF and contacting customers about those communications. This person is a resource for all stores and customers regarding compliance.

This person cannot be a store manager. Previously you told OP you would reach out to the store manager.

The guy who manages labor, P&L, staffing, bathroom cleanliness, parking lot repair, etc is not capable of reliably managing NFA as well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#3]
At this point, I’d like to leave PSA out of the equation. They’re an hour+ drive for me, and I don’t want to muddy the waters by transferring anything else around. I’ll just keep it locked in my safe, with copies of the approved transfer till I get a new approved form. I’m confident that should problems arise, copies of my comms with the atf should keep me out of trouble.

On the topic of compensation from PSA, I honestly don’t even know what I’d ask for. I bought the can FROM them, so the only fees were the can and the stamp. I will note, that I was promised some “things” in the transfer that vanished when pick up happened. End cap and a QD mount that suddenly disappeared. But I’ve since purchased those things. And while a deep discount on my next two cans would be nice, I can’t really feel confident buying from them after this. So... I’m not asking for anything.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
@PalmettoStateArmory

You must hire a competent person to oversee your NFA items. This person must be responsible for receiving communications from the ATF and contacting customers about those communications. This person is a resource for all stores and customers regarding compliance.

This person cannot be a store manager. Previously you told OP you would reach out to the store manager.

The guy who manages labor, P&L, staffing, bathroom cleanliness, parking lot repair, etc is not capable of reliably managing NFA as well.
View Quote
This. 100%. Have an NFA tracker of some sort. A real position, with accountability and responsibility. I shouldn’t have to hunt down people and fight for nearly a MONTH to be called back to tell you to check your mail. Unacceptable.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 9:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel for PSA having to hire anyone who is affordable from the current available pool of labor.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have a beneficiary on my trust, also a minor. Never sent more than 1 RPQ form for myself. No issues.

The part I still dont understand- is how did you end up with an approved form?
View Quote
Me either, a beneficiary is NOT a responsible person!! Only the Trustee or co-Trustee's are "responsible persons"
I would talk to a supervisor at the NFA branch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I think I can match your chinese fire drill with atf.  I have had an FFL & Class 3 for many years.  The last time I renewed (about 3 yrs ago)I got my  check back about 90 days later - No explanation And no FFL.  No reply to inquiries!

For the next 2 years I continued to get renewal notices for the Class 3, which I sent renewal checks and got the new lisc.  Then last June I didn't get a renewal for the Class 3.

About a month ago I get a check for $90 for the long since expired FFL for 2012-15.  
No one seems to be able to tell me what the hell is going on!   Mostly I just get No response.
Sarge
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:33:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone think my check from 2004 is still good?

Should I try and cash it?

Is it safe to leave the cave?

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I feel for PSA having to hire anyone who is affordable from the current available pool of labor.
View Quote
Exactly, what would you call "affordable"? I would argue that for something like NFA (really anything to do with the ATF and an FFL),  the only thing you can "afford" is to pay someone who knows WTF they are doing, or get out of that business.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 10:55:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Exactly, what would you call "affordable"? I would argue that for something like NFA (really anything to do with the ATF and an FFL),  the only thing you can "afford" is to pay someone who knows WTF they are doing, or get out of that business.
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing. If you can't find good labor, you aren't paying enough. If you can't afford to pay them enough, your business model is poor.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Talk to Ted. Can't recall his email. My first application was rejected due to a minor error. He had it approved within a couple days.
Link Posted: 2/27/2018 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I wanted to come back and update...

The dealer reached out after to me, and. No kidding, made a very generous gesture in an effort to ease my pain. I was, and am, very grateful for that generosity, and am back on team palmetto state. Hopefully the future customers of their NFA side don’t see the growing pains that I seem to have discovered.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 12:46:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Awesome!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top