BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 27
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know if the ATF is still processing Form 1s and 4s while the government is shutdown?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:38:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Effenpig] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RLunyATL:
Idk as long as the thread title includes "pending FBI background check status" I think it would be beneficial.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RLunyATL:
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

I can change it to whatever I want. What are y'all thinking it needs to be called? I don't plan on making it a sticky, but I have set it to not archive (I don't think that'll be an issue since it stays pretty active).

I can change the title and make it bold. That would probably be better since most people seem to ignore get stickies. And if somebody has an example of what they've been sending, I could add it to the first post as well.
Idk as long as the thread title includes "pending FBI background check status" I think it would be beneficial.
Word it so it doesnt sound like anyone with a pending transfer needs to post here

Maybe lose the "all with pending NFA transfers" part. Seems to invite a high signal to noise ratio
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NotanATFagent:
Anyone know if the ATF is still processing Form 1s and 4s while the government is shutdown?
View Quote
Yeah, like you dont know
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
Changed the title...that clear enough?

One followup question: this does impact Form 1s as well, right? Both paper and EForms? If so, I’ll change “transfers” to something else...
View Quote
It does involve Form 1s as well, both paper and eFile.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:13:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: red6actual] [#6]
The atf are doing something, my dealer just got a f4 in the mail today, approval date after the shutdown.
The f4 was mailed in 4 months after mine, this bcg backlog is a load of BS

Unfortunately it was not mine...

And my Congressman's aide reportedly tried calling the fbi with no response, isn't the gov wonderful!
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I wrote one representative before looking up his NRA rating. He is rated "F". This weekend a wrote a senator who has a rating of "A" let's hope he pans out.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:19:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
I wrote one representative before looking up his NRA rating. He is rated "F". This weekend a wrote a senator who has a rating of "A" let's hope he pans out.
View Quote
Is there a list made up online that shows what each state rep is rated as?

I thought I found a pro-2a state rep and then I googled him and found he voted against a bunch of pro-2a stuff
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I wrote my senator on Sat, today I get an email from his office wanting to look into the matter for me. I was shocked at the quick reply.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:04:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I think I’ll try writing my Senator also. If I can get these last two back I’m done. No more suppressors. I’ve only got 10 counting these two but I think it’s enough to last. If they couldn’t get HPA with Trump it isn’t happening. My first 3 cans were 5 months. I totally get that. I’m fine with that. This 12-18 month wait is just their way of fucking with us. I’m good. I can’t be the only one who feels that way. I would be curious to hear what suppressor sales are like today compared to this time last year. I assume they are in the toilet. With all the buy 1 get 2 free deals and what not. I don’t know. I’m not in the business and don’t know anyone who is. I’d like to hear from anyone who is in the business as to how sales are compared to this same time last year. These wait times and games atf plays can’t be helping.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RMiller:
The atf are doing something, my dealer just got a f4 in the mail today, approval date after the shutdown.

And my Congressman's aide reportedly tried calling the fbi with no response, isn't the gov wonderful!
View Quote
So they are still working on forms during the shutdown?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Commando223:

View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

I don't think they are working on our normal peoples forms, just LEOs

If you call the ATF hotline to check on the status of your forms, they say to call back after the shutdown (unless you are LEO)
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 2:19:45 PM EDT
[#14]

If you call the ATF hotline to check on the status of your forms, they say to call back after the shutdown (unless you are LEO)
View All Quotes

I wonder if the FBI is doing anything on thier end would be nice if they cleared most of these so called FBI background checks and once the ATF starts working again they are approved.

Wishful thinking I know...
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone called to check their status yet?
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone called to check their status yet?
View Quote
Yes

You cannot check on form status right now over the phone

You can email general NFA questions but that’s it, unless you’re LEO
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 3:43:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aemsl69] [#17]
I decided to up my game, Today emailed the Whitehouse.gov, Senator Cornyn, Ted Cruz and Congressman Kevin Brady. I also guessed the Email format for Deputy Director Thomas E. Brandon

I have had enough of this shit. It has been 328 Days since the checks were cashed. I’ve been  in FBI Background Check hell for months.

UPDATE 2: All and I mean all of my pending Stamp Taxes have been approved as of 1600 CDT time within 8 hours of
contacting and speaking directly will all of the above!

UPDATE: Kind of amazing how shit is suddenly getting approved in one day. December Form 1 was approved a few minutes ago. ATF Examiner is checking the older Form 4. I expect approval today!

UPDATE : I called all three elected representatives offices and have spoken to real people. I just asked to speak to a case officer: There appears to me some movement. All 3 made an inquiry to the ATF today. Each office has already called and emailed back asked my for an additional Consemt form.

ATF actually sent an additional Consent form to me so they can disclose the status Form 4. I have signed the disclosure agreement and sent it back to each of the three case officers.

I Attachment Attached File
have a copy here for your viewing pleasure.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Well this is demoralizing AF.. I have a Form 4 pending in Nov... Now I'm super depressed

Was going to purchase 2-3 new suppressors, but having 2nd thoughts

EForms is still good, correct? Maybe I'll move to SBR'ing my lowers for now until this gets straightened out... if ever... How depressing
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By loveski5:
Well this is demoralizing AF.. I have a Form 4 pending in Nov... Now I'm super depressed

Was going to purchase 2-3 new suppressors, but having 2nd thoughts

EForms is still good, correct? Maybe I'll move to SBR'ing my lowers for now until this gets straightened out... if ever... How depressing
View Quote
Efile form 1 can also get stuck in fbi bgc hell, I know, because have 2 there now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 3:45:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshInReno] [#20]
Originally Posted By aemsl69:
I decided to up my game, Today emailed the Whitehouse.gov, Senator Cornyn, Ted Cruz and Congressman Kevin Brady. I also guessed the Email format for Deputy Director Thomas E. Brandon

I have had enough of this shit. It has been 328 Days since the checks were cashed. I’ve been  in FBI Background Check hell for months.

UPDATE 2: All and I mean all of my pending Stamp Taxes have been approved as of 1600 CDT time within 8 hours of

UPDATE: Kind of amazing how shit is suddenly getting approved in one day. December Form 1 was approved a few minutes ago. ATF Examiner is checking the older Form 4. I expect approval today!

UPDATE : I called all three elected representatives offices and have spoken to real people. I just asked to speak to a case officer: There appears to me some movement. All 3 made an inquiry to the ATF today. Each office has already called and emailed back asked my for an additional Consemt form.

ATF actually sent an additional Consent form to me so they can disclose the status Form 4. I have signed the disclosure agreement and sent it back to each of the three case officers.

I https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351571/7959745F-E58D-4B50-B041-485C0F32B3DD_jpeg-828333.JPGhave a copy here for your viewing pleasure.
View Quote
That is damn impressive!!

I think today marks a year from when I made my purchases. I've been stuck in FBI hell since August.

ETA: I just emailed the staffer I've been working with for an update. I haven't heard anything from him since the middle of December.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#21]

I https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/351571/7959745F-E58D-4B50-B041-485C0F32B3DD_jpeg-828333.JPGhave a copy here for your viewing pleasure.
View Quote
i have 2 form 4's pending for 326 days. I have a UPIN that my class 3 dealer didnt know to include on my forms. totally fucked me. ive tried ted cruz with no response at all. i talked to my examiner at DOJ yesterday but his hands are tied. its the fucking FBI. IM glad you had some luck.im thinking of calling the FBI directly and see if I can get to someone about the UPIN. This is just fucking stupid. I have a UPIN and an LTC in texas but im waiting on background checks for my 10th and 11th form 4. 326 days and no end in sight.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
Excellent work, my friend!
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#23]
My buddy who had his check cashed on 2/13/18 just got approved on 2/3/19

He was in FBI BGC status for about 4 months I believe
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#24]
i thought id update my experience with one of my senators. John Cornyn. I emailed earlier this morning about my pending form 4's since march 12,2018. I just got a call from his office. The guy listened to what i had to say. i explained i even had an FBI UPIN to prevent any background snags. he politely told me tough shit. I got the song and dance about ATF takes 8-10 months. when I explained i was at about 11 months he just flat replied the senator can not tell those agencies how to run their program. my guess is maybe they have been flooded with complaints like this and just are tired of dealing with it. im not sure what these mother fuckers do for us. as ive stated in other areas of the forum on this topic I will not be buying any more suppressors or filing any form 1's until major changes are made. ive got enough cans for everything i could realistically never buy another one and still always shoot suppressed for my lifetime anyway. the wait continues. for anyone thinking about getting into NFA consider. if you end up in FBI  background check delay you will be looking at 12 months min. my last one was 15 months from pending to approved. i think we will see as more and more of these delays stack up the wait will get longer and longer. ive still got a letter and privacy forms sent to ted cruz. a different result maybe???? im not holding my breath. i apologize for being so fired up but i just see no purpose to these people.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 11:19:29 PM EDT
[#25]
The FBI already has enough things going on giving them a shitty reputation, they don't need to add to it with this petty nonsense.

NFA branch being extremely helpful and professional just makes them look even worse in comparison.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#26]
FBI sent a letter to my Senator that I was approved on Jan 14.  I made telephone contact with my examiner at ATF who was a lady that said she has been filling in to help out.  She advised she would look into it and give me a call back. She has not called back yet....
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#27]
I just called for the first time since last year.

Pending December 22nd 2017 still waiting on FBI background check...

Link Posted: 2/7/2019 12:59:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshInReno] [#28]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
i thought id update my experience with one of my senators. John Cornyn. I emailed earlier this morning about my pending form 4's since march 12,2018. I just got a call from his office. The guy listened to what i had to say. i explained i even had an FBI UPIN to prevent any background snags. he politely told me tough shit. I got the song and dance about ATF takes 8-10 months. when I explained i was at about 11 months he just flat replied the senator can not tell those agencies how to run their program. my guess is maybe they have been flooded with complaints like this and just are tired of dealing with it. im not sure what these mother fuckers do for us. as ive stated in other areas of the forum on this topic I will not be buying any more suppressors or filing any form 1's until major changes are made. ive got enough cans for everything i could realistically never buy another one and still always shoot suppressed for my lifetime anyway. the wait continues. for anyone thinking about getting into NFA consider. if you end up in FBI  background check delay you will be looking at 12 months min. my last one was 15 months from pending to approved. i think we will see as more and more of these delays stack up the wait will get longer and longer. ive still got a letter and privacy forms sent to ted cruz. a different result maybe???? im not holding my breath. i apologize for being so fired up but i just see no purpose to these people.
View Quote
I'm envious of your position.

These cans are my first two (had I know what was going to happen I would have bought a lifetime supply) and I'm trying really hard to not let them be my last two as I view that as a win for their side.

I'm over 12 months now (and now around 6 months with the FBI). I try to forget about them but what a pain in the ass this has become.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:
View Quote
Looks like the goal of NFA is working w/ you then.   They want it to be inconvenient, annoying, and expensive so people don't do it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got off the phone with the ATF.  My stamp was finally approved on 30Jan19.  Purchased 22Nov17, check cashed 16Dec17
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 3:58:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:49:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Form 4  Sent Jan, 2018
Form 4  Sent Mar, 2018

Called ATF yesterday.

They told me, both processed at ATF, in Jan, 2018 and Mar, 2018.

Both Pending, waiting FBI Background Check.
Told me I could trying calling the FBI, but had no number.

13 months
11 months

Pretty bad.
I'm done buying anything NFA.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Hrmph, I filed a Form 1 in May last year...guess I'll stop complaining about it so much

FWIW Mine is in "pending" state which I'm guessing means it's pending the FBI background.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#34]
My check was cashed in May and I’m still in regular pending mode

The day it goes into Pending FBI, I’m sending out a river of emails
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:34:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got got an efile form 1 approval in 39 calender days including the shutdown yet my 2 cans from Jan 4th and May 18 2018 are still pending FBI background check...

WTF, this is complete nonsense!
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got got an efile form 1 approval in 39 calender days including the shutdown yet my 2 cans from Jan 4th and May 18 2018 are still pending FBI background check...

WTF, this is complete nonsense!
View Quote
Call the NFA branch and tell them about your Form 1 approval while your other forms are pending FBI.  They should be able to use the background check from Form 1 approval for to approve the two stuck ones.  This has to be done within 30 days of your F1 approval.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By movingalong:

Call the NFA branch and tell them about your Form 1 approval while your other forms are pending FBI.  They should be able to use the background check from Form 1 approval for to approve the two stuck ones.  This has to be done within 30 days of your F1 approval.
View Quote
Tried doing that with my 2 pending suppressors and a AOW with my last efile approval. No luck, never heard back from my examiner.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 1:40:51 PM EDT
[#40]
For anyone that decides to contact their representative, I would suggest that when they send the consent form to you, go ahead and make a copy, do one as for the FBI, and the other for the ATF, then send both of them back. This would have probably saved me a month of aggravation.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#41]
I just got off the phone with ATF. My stamp was Approved on 2/3/19, check was cashed on 12/13/2017
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#42]
I just got off the phone with ATFE. Apptoved 30 January. Card charged back in May ‘18.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By bigbore:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/12678/20190208_111054-838028.jpg

Fuck that. Customer had 10 suppressors and 2 MGs stuck in "Pending FBI"..
View Quote
This is just ridiculous anymore

Few months, okay whatever.

Over a year is bullshit
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 3:47:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#44]
Is it better to contact my senator or my house rep? I have two senators. Sherrod brown(D) and Bob Latta (R).  Can I choose who to contact between these two?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:12:46 PM EDT
[#46]
No point in contacting Commie Brown. Latta is the way to go.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By aeroworksxp:
Is it better to contact my senator or my house rep? I have two senators. Sherrod brown(D) and Bob Latta (R).  Can I choose who to contact between these two?
No point in contacting Commie Brown. Latta is the way to go.
Thanks. Typing up the auth form/ request letter now
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#47]
This such fucking nonsense, the atf says call the fbi and the fbi tells you to call the atf.

Nfa told me today that each check is individual and they do not correlate to the most recent clearance, the waiting continues 13 months now...
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#48]
The congressional staffer who I've been working with (a very intelligent, personable guy) let me know yesterday he has all but been stonewalled by the FBI since Dec 4th. The only thing they will give him is the name and phone number of the agent handling my file. The agent won't respond to calls, voicemails or emails. Absolute dead end.

So I'm done. It will happen when it happens. I'm not watching it anymore. Sure wish I would have bought a pistol can and a rimfire can at the same time.

Fuck. This. Shit.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 6:09:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aeroworksxp] [#49]
Originally Posted By JoshInReno:
The congressional staffer who I've been working with (a very intelligent, personable guy) let me know yesterday he has all but been stonewalled by the FBI since Dec 4th. The only thing they will give him is the name and phone number of the agent handling my file. The agent won't respond to calls, voicemails or emails. Absolute dead end.

So I'm done. It will happen when it happens. I'm not watching it anymore. Sure wish I would have bought a pistol can and a rimfire can at the same time.

Fuck. This. Shit.
View Quote
Sounds like they caught on to the use of our representatives to hammer them along.
I just submitted my request to my congress critter. See where it goes I guess.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JoshInReno:

Fuck. This. Shit.
View Quote
Been in contact with my state's two conservative representatives since last September with absolutely no luck.
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top