Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2017 3:39:13 PM EDT
Howdy folks,
  New to the NFA side of the house but have decided I would like to do a silenced SBR. I have a couple questions I'm hoping ya'll can help me with. Firstly, how does one go about finding a lawyer in their area that is familiar with NFA regs that can create a trust? I live in Southeast Kansas so its pretty rural area and I'm unaware of any local lawyers that do this. Granted I've not called each one of them but thought I would see if there was a databank somewhere instead of wasting time.

Secondly, currently, what is the "average" cost of having a trust created? Maybe a better way to pose the question is, what is too high of a price?

Thanks for all the help. Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked at a LGS and the same name was in the VA Hometown forum. I called him while driving to a service call. 15 minutes on the phone,  $100 on my CC and it was done. Trust was in my e mail when I got home. Got it notarized and sent back to him. I called him one evening and he helped me with E-Filing my first Form 1 and has filed updates without cost.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Here in VA, my gun lawyer does trusts for $100, and is always there to do updates and answer questions at no additional fee.
(same as above post, I'll bet)
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 2:46:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I think using a lawyer for an SBR is unnecessary... You don't have to, and a lot of people don't.  

This is incumbent on you having a few brain cells that work, however (and I'm sure you do).  If you can't figure out how to do it on your own, by all means, lawyer up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not that I couldn't figure out how to do it all on my own. I'm wanting a trust more for security/transfer purposes when I'm no longer above ground.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:58:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet I used the same guy as the others above.

I'd check in the hometown forum for KS here and find a KS gun forum on the net. You'll need one that can practice in your area.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I just used Silencer Shops.  I think it was $120 or so.  They will even do your form 1 for you as well now for a fee.   I have not heard of anyone being rejected by their trust they have set up by going this route.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just used Silencer Shops.  I think it was $120 or so.  They will even do your form 1 for you as well now for a fee.   I have not heard of anyone being rejected by their trust they have set up by going this route.
View Quote
That’s what I did - yesterday. We’ll see what happens. Maybe I’ll get it by next Christmas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top