Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2017 2:05:32 AM EDT
I didnt see a specific NFA section so im going to ask this here.

I have an approved form 1 for a suppressor i was going to make and its going on 1 year and 11 months. I never made the suppressor let alone bought parts to make it. I know i can request a refund but how long does this go for? I heard somewhere that i had up to 2 years to request and thats coming up in the next 2-3 weeks but im not sure if thats true or not?? The file date was october 1st 2015 but the approval date was january 27th 2016.

I'd rather not make the suppressor due to upcoming laws about suppressors will be changing sometime in the future and thier refund date in the new laws are october 22 2015. so as you see I would like to get a refund if possible since any new suppressor after october 22nd 2015 would be refunded and mine fall short of that new law.  Does anyone know if its based on the file date or approval date?
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/General-NFA-Questions/17/

Also, email them at [email protected] explain what is going on and they should get it taken care of, I have had friends email one day, it was canceled the next day and they had a refund in about a week.

I don't know what their time frame is right now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If you've decided not to make it, get the refund.

But factoring in a possible passage of the HPA is silly honestly. There's no guarantee it will become law anytime in the future.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 4:21:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you've decided not to make it, get the refund.

But factoring in a possible passage of the HPA is silly honestly. There's no guarantee it will become law anytime in the future.
View Quote
THIS
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Dupe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top